surgery tomorrow with dr. feller

I have to say I'm pretty nervous.

I've had three surgeries with Dr. kasimer a long time ago when he was supposedly considered the best...I think everyone here knows before I say it that the results were bad, though not as bad as everyone else who had transplants at the time...the biggest issue was the direction of his transplants, and the fact that I had more hair loss due to the surgery then hair gain.

I also have a dull pain at times, which I'm told might actually be resolved with this second surgery...I hope so.

anyway, my surgery is tomorrow morning.

I have some questions for Dr. feller but I guess I'll ask him tomorrow...they are concerning the technique I'm reading about using a donor area different then the scalp.

whew...very nervous.

wish me luck

I have to say I'm pretty nervous.

I've had three surgeries with Dr. kasimer a long time ago when he was supposedly considered the best...I think everyone here knows before I say it that the results were bad, though not as bad as everyone else who had transplants at the time...the biggest issue was the direction of his transplants, and the fact that I had more hair loss due to the surgery then hair gain.

I also have a dull pain at times, which I'm told might actually be resolved with this second surgery...I hope so.

anyway, my surgery is tomorrow morning.

I have some questions for Dr. feller but I guess I'll ask him tomorrow...they are concerning the technique I'm reading about using a donor area different then the scalp.

whew...very nervous.

wish me luck

PC-- Best of luck with Feller tomorrow. He is a good surgeon with good results that you will be pleased with-- hopefully he can correct/fill in Kassimir's work-- he should make you look a lot better. In the past, the retired Dr. Norwood blew away Kasimir as far as skill and techniques. Kassimir just got some pub from Stallone and Trump and a few political figures. But Norwood many of the best work on film stars, CEO's of fortune 100 companies.

I'm glad you still have enough donor left to have Feller's good work take care of what you've been through.

Best of luck.

This didn't go according to plan.

I guess I was told, but I surely don't remember being told.

I was supposed to have cash before the surgery, surgery was scheduled for 7;45 a.m., so the banks weren't opened yet for me to make a withdrawal, and the Dr. had another surgery later in the day and couldn't be put behind schedule.

I do know that if the surgery is cancelled, I loose the deposit.

However, the secretary called to remind me of the surgery on friday, and no mention was mentioned that checks weren't acceptable.

Problem is it took a while for me to save for the surgery, and it will take a while to raise the deposit that I lost.

very depressed right about now

Guest balloonman

Do yourself a favor and post this story on every web site for hair loss you can find. Try hairlosshelp.com and hairsite.com

I can assure you that once the HT "community" gets wind of the situation, Feller will make good on a refund or a rescheduling of your surgery with no loss to you.

These kinds of stories really sicken me. Taking a personal check would have been such a big deal? He could have sued you personally if it bounced and who did he think would remove your sutures if the check bounced? Besides that, he could have asked you to get the cash the following day or checked with the bank during surgery to see if their were sufficient funds.

Just a scumbag thing to do, especially if you had to travel just to see him. Typical of small, rinky dink operations with ignorant and uneducated receptionists who just go through the motions of making a call.

I am deeply sorry for you and I hope it works out for you in the end.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I do know that if the surgery is cancelled, I loose the deposit.

I am sure that when you talk with him about it once again, you will find a solution.

I take the blame for the situation

and yes, I did speak with Dr. Feller, and he is a professional...and yes, he did work out a solution for me.

now to reschedule

glad to hear everything turned out ok. i was sure dr feller was an honorable man when i met him. keep us abreast of your results as i have not made a final decision yet and any feedback is helpful.

balloonman

i am a person in business for myself & also do not take checks. who has the time to chase bad checks or pay a lawyer. i was told on my 1st meeting what type of payment was expected. as for the sutures i've heard of many people going to their own doctor. i think you owe the dr an apology as pc has said it was his fault & he did not lose his deposit.

I agree with 'Reverse The Curse'. Anyone in business will understand this perspective. A typical Surgeon's office must be in the range of $8-12k a week to breakeven, so loosing a customer or a timeslot is expensive. Feller did the right thing customer service wise but you've got to hand it to his Office Manager, he/she acted appropriately.

This is the first time I've heard of a doctor wanting to be paid in cash before surgery.

Ever hear of something called "Check Guard"? Stores can use it to confirm that a personal check is good... that is, if they are worried about that type of thing.

it didn't have to be cash, just anything but a personal check.

as far as check guard, I transferred the money into my account on friday after work...it wouldn't have posted untill monday...there was no way to tell if this check had sufficient funds, and it would have appeared that the check did not, since it wouldn't have posted in the bank yet

this was entirely my fault, and the dr's office was very preofessional, very understanding.

My girlfriend works for a prominent plastic surgeion in white plains.

he's been left withour payment a few times, and he also has changed his policy regarding personal checks.

I can't blame dr. Feller one bit for his policy of no personal checks.

don't forget his entire staff had to be paid for tha scheduled surgery that was missed.

the office manager also opologized for not reminding me in her message, and took the blame her self for the missunderstanding.

Dr. feller is a gentleman, and the entire office was nothing but professional through this entire event.

Guest Hair Guru

PC: I am glad it worked out for you and you got to reschedule. My only question is if you would still be so complimentary towards the Dr had you lost your deposit. Clearly now that is has all worked out (as I told you it would) you are taking the blame as you should. However, the office manager did take responsibility for not reminding you prior to the surgery so it is a moot point.

I still feel that the "best" solution would have been for the Dr to delay the surgery 2 hours or less, until 9am when the banks opened and allowed you to withdraw the cash on the same day. Yes, the second patient would have been delayed 2 hours and yes the Dr would have to work later into the evening. But, at least the patient (you) would have been operated on the same day and not have to travel again and be temporarily depressed over the anticlimatic outcome.

In any case, I can think of half a dozen ways for the Dr to have been protected without having to turn you away.

Glad it worked out.

just a FYI

new bank laws went into effect that can catch all of us short in the checkbook. if you write a check that persons bank may take funds right away from your account, but you deposits may take days to clear. very easy to bounce a check if you are riding the line between red & black ink. hope this saves someone from bouncing a check.

pc going to dr fellers tonite to see patients, maybe i'll see you there

PC: My only question is if you would still be so complimentary towards the Dr had you lost your deposit. .

yes, I would have...as point of fact, I called to tell the Dr. that I understood his position even before he worked out the solution with my deposit...a gentleman and a professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> However, the office manager did take responsibility for not reminding you prior to the surgery so it is a moot point..

I can't say this enough...I was told during the consultation...the office manager only accepted blame to make me feel better, not the other way around...she is also a very professional individual

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I still feel that the "best" solution would have been for the Dr to delay the surgery 2 hours or less, until 9am when the banks opened and allowed you to withdraw the cash on the same day.

I have to dissagree...neither myself of the next patient would have gotten all the attention this doctor likes to give his patients...I wouldn't want him to work on me feeling rushed, and how could I expect the patient after me to be happy that the doctor would be working longer then he anticipated.

postponing my sugery was not an option that woould be the best for either patient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In any case, I can think of half a dozen ways for the Dr to have been protected without having to turn you away..

I can't think of one...doctors aren't collection agencys, and there was absolutely no way this doctor could know that I wouldn't be a financial liability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Glad it worked out.

thank you everybody for your support

Guest Hair Guru

Not looking to beat a dead horse but, how about a credit card? How about a family members credit card over the phone? How about a short written contract making you personally liable if the check bounced? A copy of your drivers license? Photographs of your face wouldn't hurt in tracking you down. How about calling the bank DURING the procedure? Once the stip was removed he could refuse to plant the grafts putting the burden on you.

That last one may pose an ethical question but, regardless their MUST be options because not everybody on earth pays with cash and most do not get certified bank checks either. I personally have paid via personal check, credit card and cash with 3 different Drs so their is no "correct" way.

By the way, in NY State, bouncing a check is fraud punishable by prison so by risking a bounced check you would risk a civil suit for the monies and a criminal charge for bouncing the check. Doubtful someone would be that stupid for 4k, especially for a hair transplant and not food or jewelry.

Again, good luck to you regardless, I am happy for you it is over.

none of my credit cards could withstand the charge, nor could I call one to do that, and of course, no doctor would threaten a patient with discontinuing surgery after it began.

as far as calling a family member, no, I could NOT tell a family member what I was about to do.

as far as my state laws, of course there are...I allready told you, I KNOW of doctors that have gotten beaten for their good will...

none of them press charges, and in the end, they are just stuck.

now that the story is said and told, I am better off for the entire situation, I've developed even more respect for dr feller then before this had happened, and this time I am going into surgery with absolutely no apprehension.

dead horse now, ok?

let''s find out what I look like, I'll post back

by the way, the 23rd, just two days after this surgery is my birthday, 50 years old.

this is a birthday present to myself

thank you all for all this concern

went VERY smoothly today everybody

the Dr was supposed to do about 2000 fui and wound up doing 2400

he also cut out some of my old scars...thess e scars were a trouble spot, and I needed more Anestassia in that area...as a whole, the worst part of the surgery is the first few shots of the anesthesia

the work is SPECTACULAR, with about 50 graphs per

the hairline is really nice, and I'll post pics when the doctor sends them to me

I'm on Tylenol 3 and will spell check and write more tomorrow