surgery tomorrow with dr. feller

well, the first night is tough falling asleep...finding the right position, and all that

the white look of the follicles has already shed and all you really see is hair...I have o about 10- 20% clots...the rest just looks like a buzz Cut

if I could, I would just shave the rest of my head and not wear a hat but, because of the sutures, I can't shave the rest of my head until they come out

every time I look in the mirror, I am more and more impressed.

pictures I'll post when the Dr. mails them too me.

I've been walking around with a scar for the last month and one person mentioned it. Obviously you are not going to allow it be an issue for you! Enjoy the hair while it lasts ( 14-20 days). Soak your head in a sink a couple of times a day, warm water. Once the graftcyte finishes then you can apply the toppek to cover. I waited 13 days to remove sutures and when I did I went to my MD. The nurse that interviewed me before the doctor arrived spent 20-30 seconds looking at my head because she did not believe I'd had a transplant. Most people have no idea about hair transplants. Some of those hairs will walk and there is nothing you can do so don't sweat it. About 10-15 days you can start on the minoxidil.

...and when those hairs do "walk" its bittersweet. Bitter because you hate to see them go but sweet because you know that it is only a matter of time until they return.

Happy healing - its going to be a great 2005 for you!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

here's a before, will try to get more up when I figure out how to work this paint shop pro

the patch of hair at the temple are 20 year old plugs...the direction is wrong, and they look very big in person...the area that's relatively bald is shock loss from these plugs...then there are pretty big plugs in the front

before_1.jpg.3d7806acfbe22c1cfbf0cf0071195fee.jpg

the red totally dissapeared the first day, and I only had the scabs in the back

as soon as the sutures were removed, I shaved my head to a 2, and not one person has asked about any surgery...no one can see any differance in the top of my head, and the scar in the back looks like I just took off a cap.

I really don't have the anticipation I thought I would have, and I'm very happy with how this looks right now

I might want to fue the temples if it's to mature a hairline, I'm 50 years old,and I don't have to worry about future recession...even if I did loose, I full exoect hair multipliction to make the whole issue a non issue

I don't think anyone wants to see much more till around 4 or 5 months

let me update my log though;

I still have a numb feeling on the recipient and donor area...all swelling has gone down...the skin around the bottom of my eye is still streched from the swelling, but that gets better every day

sleep is very easy.

my original transplants are growing, and I think I have to buzz my head again for uniformity.

I've lost the little hairlettes from the ht, and now I wonder even where my new hairline is going to be relative to my old one.

that's it for these days

another progress report;

little pimples starting to show themselfs in the recipient site, and my skalp ithes.

I've b een taking msm since before the surgery, and I was told this would speed the process...I think it might have, since it's only 2 weeks since my ht.

my donor and recipient area are still numb, and surprising, my crown which was not involved is as numb as any other part of my scalp

I wonder why this is

I think by the summer I'll be smokin

• 6 months later...

PC, i was just reading some of your earlier posts after the surgery. its been like six months now. i was curious to find out how its come about so far. how do you feel as far as it meeting your expectations? does it look natural? how is the scar? Please do respond, as i am going to Dr.Feller for a consult soon.

Paris.