6 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

OtherSyde

This is about 6 months (and a couple of days) post-op from my March 27, 2013 procedure... For background info and more detailed pics for comparison, check my previous couple of threads leading up to this one:

RIGHT NOW-Another Live Post From Dr. Gabel's Office

One Day Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

First Stages Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

3 and 4 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

Alright. Things are not at peak growth yet obviously, but the 6-month mark is looking good!

Here are the dry pics:

Front:

6-Months-Front-Darker_zps651d4827.jpg

Right:

6-Months-Right_zps31c616cc.jpg

Left:

6-Months-Left_zps1cbc0cda.jpg

And now for some wet pics... Here's a pic from 3 months post-op first, just to compare and contrast:

3 Months Post-Op Wet:

07JUNE2013-WetFront_zps605484ae.jpg

6 Months Post-Op Wet:

6-Months-Wet-Front_zpsa41d852f.jpg

Right:

6-Months-Wet-Right_zps71c16acd.jpg

Left:

6-Months-Wet-Left_zpsbf9b1b80.jpg

So yeah... Looking great so far, even wet - HUGE difference from the 3-month mark! It's thick enough that it almost doesn't even look like transplanted hair even when wet! I almost even favor the wet pics because of the massive recent increase in density, since wet pics are always the most brutally honest and punishing!

My only remaining aspiration for this current procedure is that the front of the widow's peak thickens up a bit more, which I think it will - my last HT looked its best at about 10 months and beyond. But right now I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out! Dr. Gabel's artistry and precision is evident in the density and placement, I think.

I didn't bother to take any scar pics because it's completely invisible right now - mainly just because I need a haircut; I think I'm probably at a 5 or maybe even 6-grade right now, so there's really no point in taking pics of that anyway until I get it cut down to like, maybe a 4-grade or so.

So, whaddya think so far?

_

Edited by OtherSyde

Othersyde, I can't believe it's been that long . Boom! Just look how far you've come in the last 3 months. I've always admired dr gabel's work and this is no exception. Congrats fella.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Othersyde, your hair looks really good. I think a side by side comparison pic would be great on your avatar like mine ;)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Othersyde can probably make a pretty cool GIF that flashes preop and post op.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wow, great work.very encouraging.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Yeah I've kinda got the Eddie Munster going on lol (the widows peak came out even more pronounced than I thought it would...)

Eddie_zps52674653.jpg

But I plan to rectify that in a future procedure by rounding out my hairline a lot now that the base-work and density is nailed down for good.

Very nice with an impressively moderate graft count. I love that hairline!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Wow thanks for posting such a well documented encounter! Looking great. I'm looking into Dr. Gabel....tell me, did you have any problems whatsoever? He seems to come highly recommended.

I honestly can't say I had any problems; the whole experience was really streamlined and professional. I didn't have any complications or hang-ups during either one of my two experiences there. When and if I have a third session, I'll be going back to Dr. Gabel :)

• 1 month later...

OT, if it is small enough, you can make an animated avatar, I have seen a guy with his before and after like that.

I was looking at your transplant, and I really think it is going to age well. It looks natural and great now, but imagine it salt and peppered and slicked back in 20 years with a sports coat, a cigar, and a glass of aged bourbon :) . Save some grafts for the back and I think that you will be golden.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.