HT Doctors, best results/price ?

Thanks everyone for your reply, i know i have a far progressed hair loss and i am not necessarily looking to have all my hair 100% back, we all know that would never happen. I am just looking for an improvement with some front hair line coverage too.

I was looking at William38's surgery and progress (http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171507-7350-grafts-850-body-hair-dr-villnow-dr-de-reys.html) and that's why i am thinking about FUE.

I know he likely has a lot more donor hair so i am not expecting to have the same results as him.

His results do seem nice but I can't find any grown out pictures.

A few points though, judging by his screen name he's probably close to 40, in 14 years you will lose more hair and don't have as much as he did to start with.

He also has a HUGE advantage over most people as his scalp is darker making the contrast less and giving the illusion of more density.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a transplant with Dr Hasson. I'm pleased but in the back of my mind I still wonder what the results would have been like if I had gone to Dr Rahal. That being said, I think he's a great choice. I got in on a cancellation appointment and had roughly 3k grafts and without getting too specific on pricing I had surgery for under $10k. They also paid my for my hotel.

Profoam, you are right price over quality is a bad approach and it wasn't necassirly the only thing i was looking for. This is applies to anything not just HT, quantity over quality isn't a route that i go. I was also looking for suggestions into doctors that are overseas if i do decide to make a vacation out of it (doubting it now with how long the procedure would be). Nonetheless, these two doctors seem to be very good at what they do despite being cheaper than the US.

I wish i could shave my head but in my work environment it would be inappropriate to shave my head. At least for now.

my hair loss has slowed down dramatically especially in the last year or so after graduating. I believe this was the major factor in my hair loss, getting 4-6 hours of sleep a day and the stress of taking more than full time lectures.

this leads me to believe that it was the stress i put myself through back then, i probably will lose more the older i get but hopefully doesn't get worse than this. (my father is the same level as me)

I do need to do a lot more research too as i have not used any medication other than rogaine for 6 month about 3 years ago.

good thing you mentioned the pictures of FUT vs FUE as i usually didn't pay attention.

BTW, my scalp is pretty dark too. I am brown in color, sometimes people mistake me for someone who is Hispanic so i think that might be to my advantage.

the pictures are horrible and do any justice, as they were taken with my cell phone with reflection of the light against my head. i'll try to take some better pictures with my SLR and post them.

Profoam, you are right price over quality is a bad approach and it wasn't necassirly the only thing i was looking for. This is applies to anything not just HT, quantity over quality isn't a route that i go. I was also looking for suggestions into doctors that are overseas if i do decide to make a vacation out of it (doubting it now with how long the procedure would be). Nonetheless, these two doctors seem to be very good at what they do despite being cheaper than the US.

I wish i could shave my head but in my work environment it would be inappropriate to shave my head. At least for now.

my hair loss has slowed down dramatically especially in the last year or so after graduating. I believe this was the major factor in my hair loss, getting 4-6 hours of sleep a day and the stress of taking more than full time lectures.

this leads me to believe that it was the stress i put myself through back then, i probably will lose more the older i get but hopefully doesn't get worse than this. (my father is the same level as me)

I do need to do a lot more research too as i have not used any medication other than rogaine for 6 month about 3 years ago.

good thing you mentioned the pictures of FUT vs FUE as i usually didn't pay attention.

BTW, my scalp is pretty dark too. I am brown in color, sometimes people mistake me for someone who is Hispanic so i think that might be to my advantage.

the pictures are horrible and do any justice, as they were taken with my cell phone with reflection of the light against my head. i'll try to take some better pictures with my SLR and post them.

It's the lighting more than the camera I think, take some outside

I don't think taking drugs is a good idea, I never got sides form Propecia but some people do. I don't think the possible benefits come close to the cost/risks

As far as shaving your head, I know people in all walks of life with a shaved head, Dr's, lawyers, Stock brokers, IT guys, etc

Shaving your head is a fashion statement today

Good news about the skin tone, if you do decide to do it why not just go to William38's dr ?

I had a transplant with Dr Hasson. I'm pleased but in the back of my mind I still wonder what the results would have been like if I had gone to Dr Rahal. That being said, I think he's a great choice. I got in on a cancellation appointment and had roughly 3k grafts and without getting too specific on pricing I had surgery for under $10k. They also paid my for my hotel.

What don't you like about your HT ? You got a great price and I only mention price because you also used a top notch surgeon

did you also get FUE ? what are you regretting or doubting when you chose Hasson ?

I haven't been on these forums in a couple years but back the H+W didn't offer FUE

Yeah i don't think they do FUE either. when I very first started researching before even finding out about this forum, I googled HT & Seattle and H+W were the first thing to come up. I quickly dismissed them when i saw that they only had FUT.

I haven't been on these forums in a couple years but back the H+W didn't offer FUE

Yeah i don't think they do FUE either. when I very first started researching before even finding out about this forum, I googled HT & Seattle and H+W were the first thing to come up. I quickly dismissed them when i saw that they only had FUT.

did you also get FUE ? what are you regretting or doubting when you chose Hasson ?

No FUE. H&W doesn't offer it. Not a regret, I just wonder what my result would have been if I had gone to Rahal. I like his hairline design more and I had left over grafts when Dr. hasson was transplanting so it was always in the back of my mind if I had made the right choice. People and pictures can be deceiving. Most people would consider mine an absolute success, which I agree. The pic below is a self pre op pic then a 2.5 yearish post op pic from another ( local) coalition doctor. His thoughts were my transplant was an absolute sucesss, stating he's VERY picky and see's my result as fantastic.

Also when did you get it done ? before/after pictures ?

Transplant was 3 years ago.

9r7hv7.jpg

1zz6yc5.jpg

zssku0.jpg

Heres another one...

The coalition doctor who took my 2.5 year post op photos has studio lighting and really good camera. This was at the end of our meeting where he had already played with my hair for a bit and me trying to get styled back the way I wear it. I go for the spikey messy all over the place look

Below is a screen shot of a video. I still am not hairloss free. If I pull my hair back you can see recession but I do a great job of styling my hair to conceal it, while keeping current with modern style/ Plus I use the right product in my hair for what I'm after which is a matte paste not a concealer.

261k8k4.png

I just watched a video about it. so it's just a styling product, kind of like gel but less shiny (matte) and doesn't make your hair hard.

yes you don't want to use gels. They will make your hair look wet and thinner. I don't know how bad your hair is but the paste will give it the dry look and also give you the ability to style and restyle it.

Also try using sea salt spray ( you can make it yourself for like a buck). If you've ever been to the sea you'll notice your hair has a thicker, dryer feeling to it and its because of the sea salt. You can make your own which will add some major density and coarseness to your hair.

yeah i have probably about 1000 grafts on my top/font area. you just can't see it because they are really thin. so from far away it looks like i have 0 hair on top when in reality there is hair just really thin. so the paste would unlikely work for me.

i look into the sea salt spray as i have never heard of it before.

2900 sounds about average or maybe high normal of whatever one else seems to have been getting.

I think you are only thinking about the hairline because it something in the back of your head but i honestly didn't differentiate between your HT and any other that i have seen pictures of. Trust me, it looks really good, even the hair line to me looks good.

best of luck to you my friend! I know how painful hairloss can be. I went from being a really good looking guy with a boatload of confidence to hating to do anything because of hairloss and then back to my old self. Hair loss started really bugging me at age 22 but I probably saw it worse than it was and I finally took that plunge when I was 27 and it was one of the best life decisions I've made.. I would highly recommend H&W since you're so close to them.

if your hair is too bad, I'd suggest buzzing it to see how it looks. Some people can pull of that look and some cant.