HT Doctors, best results/price ?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please be patient with me. this forum has some really great information that has helped me go through a consultation already.

I am 26 yrs old and i have been losing hair since about 21. I lost hair aggressively while going through college, staying up late studying, exams, working etc. I am currently what you call a "level 6" going on "level 7" to some extent.

I live in WA. so I looked around on the forum and contacted a few of the recommended doctors on here but have yet to be able to get a consultation with them. I was able to get a consultation with a different clinic in Bellevue, WA. and i believe it went ok. I was told i would need probably about 8,000 graft and i have about 6,000 in my donor area and could potentially get 1,000 from my beard. This is all good.

Now here are my questions. I am wondering what other doctors outside or inside the US that people could recommend who would give me the best bang with the best service? i don't mind travelling.

I know approaching this topic from a financial point of view is a bad idea, that's why i am asking if there is someone outside the US who does good work while staying fairly priced so that i could get the most amount of grafts for the budget that i have ?

I went through college without caring a bit about my look but i am getting married in a year and I would like to have some nice looking memorable pictures.

With that said, I would appreciate any input you guys have.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasson and Wong are in Vancover and your best bet. In fact given you advanced hair loss and the need for mega sessions plus being relatively close to you they are the first place you should consult with.

Given your advanced hair loss and knowing you don't have enough donor hair without gettng into beard and body hair I would just shave your head and call it a day.

In your case PRICE should NOT be a deciding factor at all. You need a major HT andhave no room for error. If a dr meses up doing a 1500 graft procedure someone can USUALLY fix it. In your case yo don't have a graft o spare

You could also go see Ron SHapiro in Bloomington ,MN.

Good Luck

You should post some pics

I completely agree with you which is why i am asking for the best doctor while being affordable so that i could get the most amount of grafts. definitely agree with you about not having enough and should make sure the grafts i get count which again is why i am asking on here if there is good known doctors who would charge less than $10/graft.

I read about some in belgium who do fantastic work, people swear by them and the pictures provide comfort. I just want to see who people recommend if one is willing to travel overseas.

Anyone ?

I completely agree with you which is why i am asking for the best doctor while being affordable so that i could get the most amount of grafts. definitely agree with you about not having enough and should make sure the grafts i get count which again is why i am asking on here if there is good known doctors who would charge less than $10/graft.

I read about some in belgium who do fantastic work, people swear by them and the pictures provide comfort. I just want to see who people recommend if one is willing to travel overseas.

Anyone ?

Do you want FUE or Strip ?

I would go to Ron Shapiro in Minnesota, GREAT surgeon and he will not li to you, he'll explain the density you can expect and not make promises ( like having the hair you once did) he can't deliver on

I believe he is about $7 a graft for FUE, he also has the ARTAS robot

http://www.shapiromedical.com/

No reason to leave America for surgery IMO

Edited by Profoam

that price sounds better, i'll research him and see if he has online consultations. I wonder if there is anyone else maybe Europe (UK, Germany), Asia (India) that has a solid reputation, experience and good price point too.

Profoam, have you used Shapiro ?

I have no idea why you are looking overseas, you seem WAY too hung up o price.

Visit the repair section on this forum and see what bargain shopping for HT's can do

I haven't used him yet but will have my hairline done with him in the next year. I have been to his office several times for consults and seen many patients in person

What are your expectations ? You realize being a NW 6 ( probably a NW 7 someday given your age) a high harline and limited density is all you can hope for especially with FUE over such a large area

The price is definitely a factor but not the main reason why i am asking about overseas. I am going to make a vacation out of it if i am taking time off. I really don't see a point in taking days off and just sitting down and relaxing if it would just be numb and a little swollen. but then again, i could be underestimating the FUE procedure.

I see India as a great place to go explorer if i do get it there, I have always wanted to visit India. Europe would be cool too, I was thinking Turkey.

what "level" are you ? 1, 2 ?

my expectations are just to cover my head so that you don't get the "reflection" effect when walking around. I am not looking for thick hair like when i was 20, but rather enough to cover the top and crown.

I'm probbaly a 2A , I have had 2K strip done in my life ( age 44) and could use about 1K in my hairline

With FUE they can't do as many grafts per day so you will be looking at multiple procedures and I doubt you'll be in a vacation mindset

I'd worry 10000% about your HT and not about vacation

Personally. I don't think you can get better FUE for your money than in Turkey. You'll probably spend much less than half (even with airfare) by going to Turkey. Dr. Doganay and Dr. Erdogan charge 2.7$ and 3.37$/graft, respectively. Their results are world-class also. they aren't run-of-the-mill clinics. Plus, I have seen some good results with body transplants with Doganay.

I went to Dr. Paul Shaprio (Ron Shaprio's brother), and had a strip surgery. If you were going for a strip, I would highly recommend Shapiro, as deliver amongst the best results in the world of all HTs. However, I just believe that if you want the biggest bang for your buck, you gotta go to Europe. Turkey.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I'd shave your head, seriously. You are going down a VERY dangerous road as not only do you have major hair loss ( you will be a NW 7 soon) but you donor area apears thin, I can't imagine you getting 6000 FUE out of there

Go to Europe for the HT is you wish but see someone like SHapiro who will tell you if what you want is even possible

Profoam, before i go out and make travel plans, i will definitely try to get a few more consultations to make sure someone saw my head in real life and said it is possible. I only had one and he said they could get maybe 6000 so whether they were serious, optimistic, being sales people or just misinformed i don't know.

Profoam, before i go out and make travel plans, i will definitely try to get a few more consultations to make sure someone saw my head in real life and said it is possible. I only had one and he said they could get maybe 6000 so whether they were serious, optimistic, being sales people or just misinformed i don't know.

That's why I mentioned Shapiro, they are very honest

Personally, I think you're going to regret it sooner rather than later but good luck.

Some people bald well into the safe zone, you could to be one of those people. That means two things, your transplanated grafts could fall out someday and the donor area could end up very sparse

That's why I mentioned Shapiro, they are very honest

Personally, I think you're going to regret it sooner rather than later but good luck.

Some people bald well into the safe zone, you could to be one of those people. That means two things, your transplanated grafts could fall out someday and the donor area could end up very sparse

I really appreciate you giving me the heads up, that's exactly why i am asking questions here and i am asking about good doctors.

this will be one of the questions that i would raise, whether or not my transplanted hair could fall out....

I really appreciate you giving me the heads up, that's exactly why i am asking questions here and i am asking about good doctors.

this will be one of the questions that i would raise, whether or not my transplanted hair could fall out....

Make sure you consult with a reputable dr who doesn't need your business. Transplants in general don't fall out but with your advanced hair loss at a young age the so called safe zone may not be safe on you.

I see people now and then who have balded to an area that would be below my scar so if they had a HT those hairs may have fallen out and the scar would show.

I know you want FUE but you could still end up very thin in back (below the crown) if you take 6k grafts form that area and it thins out further

I didn't read of these two doctors at all, do you know what city in Turkey ? like Profoam said, if it takes too many sessions, i might just not be too much into the vacation and more stressed about the procedure.

Dr Doganay and Dr Erdogan are among the best FUE doctors in the world. What's more, they are easily the best quality you can get on a quality/$ ratio. I linked you to their personal pages on this website where you can view patient results and contact them if you feel you would like to move forward.

Dr. Doganay,

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

Dr. Erdogan,

Dr. Koray Erdogan MD*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Istanbul,*Turkey

My advice to you is that you haven't probably done enough research on this forums. If I were you, I would spend a bit more time doing that before committing to anything. Your donor at least looks average, which should be a positive. For exact donor numbers, you would have to go to a clinic

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

If you want the best possible chance of a successful FUE procedure at a very good rate, Doctor's Erdogan and Hakan perform world class FUE in the 2EURO per graft range, cheaper than some western strip surgeons. I would not go for FUE in North America personally as I feel the aforementioned surgeons are better. I would stay away from Indian FUE surgeons like Bhatti as he has not provided consistent quality FUE results.

I would not rush into getting a HT done just to look good for wedding pictures. Big mistake. You have very aggressive hairloss, and are very young. Not a good recipe unfortunately.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would not rush into getting a HT done just to look good for wedding pictures. Big mistake. You have very aggressive hairloss, and are very young. Not a good recipe unfortunately.

I just actually saw his pictures.. Unfortunately he has a lot of terrain to cover, I'm not so sure he would have enough scalp grafts to provide a visually pleasing and natural look. There would have to be compromises in the hairline height/design, density and coverage.

Thanks everyone for your reply, i know i have a far progressed hair loss and i am not necessarily looking to have all my hair 100% back, we all know that would never happen. I am just looking for an improvement with some front hair line coverage too.

I was looking at William38's surgery and progress (http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171507-7350-grafts-850-body-hair-dr-villnow-dr-de-reys.html) and that's why i am thinking about FUE.

I know he likely has a lot more donor hair so i am not expecting to have the same results as him.

Dr Doganay and Dr Erdogan are among the best FUE doctors in the world. What's more, they are easily the best quality you can get on a quality/$ ratio. I linked you to their personal pages on this website where you can view patient results and contact them if you feel you would like to move forward.

Dr. Doganay,

Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

Dr. Erdogan,

Dr. Koray Erdogan MD*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Istanbul,*Turkey

My advice to you is that you haven't probably done enough research on this forums. If I were you, I would spend a bit more time doing that before committing to anything. Your donor at least looks average, which should be a positive. For exact donor numbers, you would have to go to a clinic

ANYBODY putting price over quality in a HT is beyond foolish IMO. I have been around these forums since the early 2000's and see so many people make that mistake.

Your not looking at a guy who need a couple thousand grafts, he has one shot to do this and there is no room for error.

As far as his donor goes, you think that's an average donor spot for a 26 year old ? Photos never tell the true story, especially low quality ones like he posted. I couldn't disagree more.

With his aggressive hair loss by age 35 half the donor area you see now could be thinned out even further

If that was me at age 26 I'd just shave my head and pray for hair multiplication

Be careful when checking website photos, make sure the photos you view are for FUE and not strip

Good Luck