HT Doctors, best results/price ?

ANYBODY putting price over quality in a HT is beyond foolish IMO. I have been around these forums since the early 2000's and see so many people make that mistake.

Your not looking at a guy who need a couple thousand grafts, he has one shot to do this and there is no room for error.

As far as his donor goes, you think that's an average donor spot for a 26 year old ? Photos never tell the true story, especially low quality ones like he posted. I couldn't disagree more.

With his aggressive hair loss by age 35 half the donor area you see now could be thinned out even further

If that was me at age 26 I'd just shave my head and pray for hair multiplication

Be careful when checking website photos, make sure the photos you view are for FUE and not strip

Good Luck

I'm not telling him to put price over quality. Those two Drs that I listed are amongst the most skilled FUE surgeons in the world and coincidentally have very affordable prices for most western countries. It's purely economics. I wouldn't recommend, nor would Mickey85, if we didn't believe in the skills of the surgeon. I receive $0.00/graft on each patient I recommend to a surgeon. My opinion is unbiased -- based simply off consistency and quality. Do you want me to recommend that he visit Dr. Lorenzo in Manchester England? In my opinion, his results aren't much more amazing than the result of the two doctors I recommended. I hope others will echo. However, his prices are about 3-4x more per graft. Not worth it unless you own a gold mine.

As far as addressing his donor. Yes, he has a lot of area to cover and he has to make each graft count if he wants a decent result. Sure, his donor could thin out later in life, however it's showing no signs of thinning at this point in time. To be sure, he should have a donor area miniaturization analysis done in order to assure that his donor is healthy.

Overall, I agree with you. If I were him, I would probably just get a hair system or just buzz my hair. Maybe SMP????

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, thanks for all your information. so far from all the research i have done it seems like they are infact some of the best doctors out there. Now with my hair, i might need a full time doctor part time magician to get back to a normal head.

Nick, thanks for all your information. so far from all the research i have done it seems like they are infact some of the best doctors out there. Now with my hair, i might need a full time doctor part time magician to get back to a normal head.

Yeah, the problem with your advanced balding is that there simple isn't enough grafts on the back of your head to address it to a cosmetically appealing result (without concealers). If you establish a respectable density, you will probably be able to use, but that usually isn't the goal with people who undergo hair transplantation, and it certainly wouldn't be mine.

Sometimes what people do to maximize their donor is first deplete their strip yield (extract as many grafts as humanly possible via strip surgery), and then once their laxity doesn't allow it anymore, they undergo FUE and body hair transplantation. However, given how advanced you are, I'm not even sure if that would make a significant difference to risk it.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Alright, after some research, I like Dr. Hakan and Dr. Bhatti but i don't know who is better.

I am waiting to schedule another local in person consultation, and online consultations with each of these doctors.

They are both very reputable surgeons so i am wondering if there is an advantage to each one over the other ?

In my opinion it's definitely about the quality and not the price . A few thousand dollars one way or the other means nothing over several decades .

I agree 100% with you, they are a few thousand dollars apart but both their work seems really really good. that is why i am asking who is better and why ? money difference between them is not the deciding factor here.

do you know what the advantages and disadvantages are to the quality of each doctor ?

If you want the best possible chance of a successful FUE procedure at a very good rate, Doctor's Erdogan and Hakan perform world class FUE in the 2EURO per graft range, cheaper than some western strip surgeons. I would not go for FUE in North America personally as I feel the aforementioned surgeons are better. I would stay away from Indian FUE surgeons like Bhatti as he has not provided consistent quality FUE results.

Hi Micky85,

I know that you are a senior and well respected member of this forum. With all due respect to you, I am asking you to provide some data, statistics, examples to back up your comment "I would stay away from Indian FUE suregeons like Bhatti as he has not provided consistent quality FUE results". You have made this comment several times in the past too. I had asked you to back up your claim in the past too but you chose to ignore. Please do understand that comments like this are just not fair until you have solid proof to substantiate it. If you don't, you will end up sounding like another user on this forum who ends up most of his posts by "Dr. Bhatti's harilines are not good". But every time he is asked to back up his claim.....NOTHING.....

Don't mean to offend you but requesting all forum members to please act responsibly. Don't mind honest and constructve criticism but let's please make sure that we have the data to back it up BEFORE we make such comments.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I don't recommend that you have surgery at all . I was avoiding making a recommendation for that reason . you are too young and have such extensive loss that I think you should wait until you are 30 . Best wishes to you .

Hi Micky85,

I know that you are a senior and well respected member of this forum. With all due respect to you, I am asking you to provide some data, statistics, examples to back up your comment "I would stay away from Indian FUE suregeons like Bhatti as he has not provided consistent quality FUE results". You have made this comment several times in the past too. I had asked you to back up your claim in the past too but you chose to ignore. Please do understand that comments like this are just not fair until you have solid proof to substantiate it. If you don't, you will end up sounding like another user on this forum who ends up most of his posts by "Dr. Bhatti's harilines are not good". But every time he is asked to back up his claim.....NOTHING.....

Don't mean to offend you but requesting all forum members to please act responsibly. Don't mind honest and constructve criticism but let's please make sure that we have the data to back it up BEFORE we make such comments.

Thank you,

California

Hi California,

I have never knew you had asked me to back up my claims. I don't subscribe to threads because they fill up my email so I must have missed it. I can appreciate and understand your concern, I really do.

My proof is in the lack of quantity of quality results from Bhatti. Where are they? For one to be consistent, there must be something to analyse. I cannot recommend a surgeon who has not proven his consistency. Surgeons like Lorenzo, Erdogan, Bisanga continually show us that their work is refined and at the forefront of FUE. Bhatti has not demonstrated this. The onus is on the surgeon to prove his consistency. Bhatti was denied recommendation on here for reasons unknown, that is a concern to me. Please send me a PM with links of Dr Bhatti's work. Until then, he remains unproven in my eyes.

Hi California,

I have never knew you had asked me to back up my claims. I don't subscribe to threads because they fill up my email so I must have missed it. I can appreciate and understand your concern, I really do.

My proof is in the lack of quantity of quality results from Bhatti. Where are they? For one to be consistent, there must be something to analyse. I cannot recommend a surgeon who has not proven his consistency. Surgeons like Lorenzo, Erdogan, Bisanga continually show us that their work is refined and at the forefront of FUE. Bhatti has not demonstrated this. The onus is on the surgeon to prove his consistency. Bhatti was denied recommendation on here for reasons unknown, that is a concern to me. Please send me a PM with links of Dr Bhatti's work. Until then, he remains unproven in my eyes.

what do you mean he was denied recommendations ? I never heard of it. it was my understanding that if he is on the list here, then he must have proven himself ? I am starting to have doubts now.

Hi California,

what do you mean he was denied recommendations ? I never heard of it. it was my understanding that if he is on the list here, then he must have proven himself ? I am starting to have doubts now.

Bhatti is not recommended on the hair restoration network. He applied for recommendation but was not successful.

Bhatti is not recommended on the hair restoration network. He applied for recommendation but was not successful.

oh :eek: well that's news to me, I think i might have gotten him mixed up with all the threads i been reading etc.

either way, i think he is a good doctor, but now that I opened my eye to the hairline thing i gotta do more research into it.

Thanks for the info Mickey85

oh :eek: well that's news to me, I think i might have gotten him mixed up with all the threads i been reading etc.

either way, i think he is a good doctor, but now that I opened my eye to the hairline thing i gotta do more research into it.

Thanks for the info Mickey85

Glad to help anytime. Research some more. He may be a great FUE surgeon, I just don't have enough evidence to recommend him.

Hi California,

Hi Mickey85,

Thanks for your prompt response. In the spirit of full transparency, I am taking the liberty of sharing this with you on an open forum (instead of sending you a PM, as you had asked me). Below, I have copy/pasted some links from the HRN forum. These have been posted on this forum itself by Dr. Bhatti's patients. Anyone can do a search on this forum for Bhatti as a thread title, go over the information and then make a decision for himself/herself.

I do want to address the "denied recommendation" issue that you have brought up. I am sure that you will agree to the fact that each and every forum, company and/or corporation has it's own guidelines that it abides by. If one particular forum does not "recommend" a surgeon, that should not mean that that Surgeon is lacking skills, service, ethics etc. (unless the forum adminstrators have some information against that Surgeon ........in which case, it should be their moral responsibility to share with the forum members in the spirit of full disclosure). I had contacted the Moderator of this forum, Bill to discuss Dr. Bhatti's recommendation and Bill did NOT share with me any issues that this forum found with Dr. Bhatti (such as skill, technique, patient result, patient feedback, patient complaints)....basically, from what I understand the decision to not recommend Dr. Bhatti as this time was NOT based upon patient feedback at all.

Dr. Bhatti has just been recommended by IAHRS. This is hot of the press. Now, would that indicate that the excellent HT Surgeons that are NOT recommended by IAHRS are NOT good surgeons.....absolutely NOT. My personal belief is that a good Surgeon should need the validation of his/her patients and patient results first......everything else should come later.......

I thank you for your time and feedback.

California

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169005-hair-restoration-procedure-w-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167570-my-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172093-dr-bhatti-2346-grafts-almost-7-months-progress.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165959-hair-transplant-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171606-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2500-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169865-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-fue-2187-grafts.html

Hair Restoration Journal for Questionmark - Before surgery

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170200-3000-grafts-fue-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-chandigarh-india-02-04-2013-a.html

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr. Bhatti has just been recommended by IAHRS. This is hot of the press. Now, would that indicate that the excellent HT Surgeons that are NOT recommended by IAHRS are NOT good surgeons.....absolutely NOT. My personal belief is that a good Surgeon should need the validation of his/her patients and patient results first......everything else should come later.......

I have no opinion on the dr in queston but isn't IAHRS memebrship ( and therfore reccomendation) something any dr can get by merely joining the IAHRS ?

heres the density picture. It wouldn't load before.. I have a young looking face and the hairline straight line design just seems a bit old but the density is pretty good.

1etmif.jpg

You seem to be looking for imperfections , you have your hair back, enjoy life

I'm not telling him to put price over quality. Those two Drs that I listed are amongst the most skilled FUE surgeons in the world and coincidentally have very affordable prices for most western countries. It's purely economics. I wouldn't recommend, nor would Mickey85, if we didn't believe in the skills of the surgeon. I receive $0.00/graft on each patient I recommend to a surgeon. My opinion is unbiased -- based simply off consistency and quality. Do you want me to recommend that he visit Dr. Lorenzo in Manchester England? In my opinion, his results aren't much more amazing than the result of the two doctors I recommended. I hope others will echo. However, his prices are about 3-4x more per graft. Not worth it unless you own a gold mine.

I'm not sure if gold mine is an apropriate term but how much is he going to save when you factor in a passport ( saying he doesn't have one) and a flight overseas.

Can they even tap out his donor entirely in a short period of tme using FUE ( I have been away a while and last time I was here FUE sessions weren't that large so I am asking) or will he have to wait some time between FUE procedures thus needing multiple flights overseas ?

You need to breakdown how much you could save and then divide that over 50 years ( saying he lives to 76) and ask yourself is it really worth it ?

Even the best HT surgeons make mistakes and personally I'd rather have someone closer and you can't wear a hat through airport security so that should be a nice display after thousands of grafts were taken from your shaved donor

Don't forget rules are much lax in foreign countries and things on the whole are not as sanitary.

He can do as he wishes ( I think he's nuts doing anything at all because or his advanced hair loss) but I wouldn't do a transplant overseas if it was free.

Shapiro had a deal using ARTAS a while back not sure how much he charges

I have no opinion on the dr in queston but isn't IAHRS memebrship ( and therfore reccomendation) something any dr can get by merely joining the IAHRS ?

Hi Profoam,

An HT Surgeon has to be "accepted" by the IAHRS

The "acceptance" involves a thorough "audit", including but not limited to;

Long term monitoring of the Surgeon's work/ HT results

Patient feedback, positive and negative

Skype interviews with the Surgeon's patients

Recommendations for the Surgeon from other well reputed HT Surgeons

Interview with the Surgeon applying for membership

After all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted, the Surgeon is accepted as a "recommended Surgeon"

At that point, the Surgeon is asked to pay a membership fees.

Thanks,

California

Hi Profoam,

An HT Surgeon has to be "accepted" by the IAHRS

The "acceptance" involves a thorough "audit", including but not limited to;

Long term monitoring of the Surgeon's work/ HT results

Patient feedback, positive and negative

Skype interviews with the Surgeon's patients

Recommendations for the Surgeon from other well reputed HT Surgeons

Interview with the Surgeon applying for membership

After all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted, the Surgeon is accepted as a "recommended Surgeon"

At that point, the Surgeon is asked to pay a membership fees.

Thanks,

California

I was thinking the ISHRS

Hi Mickey85,

Thanks for your prompt response. In the spirit of full transparency, I am taking the liberty of sharing this with you on an open forum (instead of sending you a PM, as you had asked me). Below, I have copy/pasted some links from the HRN forum. These have been posted on this forum itself by Dr. Bhatti's patients. Anyone can do a search on this forum for Bhatti as a thread title, go over the information and then make a decision for himself/herself.

I do want to address the "denied recommendation" issue that you have brought up. I am sure that you will agree to the fact that each and every forum, company and/or corporation has it's own guidelines that it abides by. If one particular forum does not "recommend" a surgeon, that should not mean that that Surgeon is lacking skills, service, ethics etc. (unless the forum adminstrators have some information against that Surgeon ........in which case, it should be their moral responsibility to share with the forum members in the spirit of full disclosure). I had contacted the Moderator of this forum, Bill to discuss Dr. Bhatti's recommendation and Bill did NOT share with me any issues that this forum found with Dr. Bhatti (such as skill, technique, patient result, patient feedback, patient complaints)....basically, from what I understand the decision to not recommend Dr. Bhatti as this time was NOT based upon patient feedback at all.

I thank you for your time and feedback.

California

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169005-hair-restoration-procedure-w-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167897-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-chandigarh-india.html

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167570-my-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172093-dr-bhatti-2346-grafts-almost-7-months-progress.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165959-hair-transplant-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-india.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171606-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2500-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169865-dr-tejinder-bhatti-darling-buds-fue-2187-grafts.html

Hair Restoration Journal for Questionmark - Before surgery

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170200-3000-grafts-fue-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-chandigarh-india-02-04-2013-a.html

Thanks for the detailed response and the links. Some of those results are very impressive indeed. I will reevaluate my sentiments on Dr Bhatti and look at his work more often when it appears. He is becoming quite popular and I look forward to seeing his cases. Thanks again.

Thanks for the detailed response and the links. Some of those results are very impressive indeed. I will reevaluate my sentiments on Dr Bhatti and look at his work more often when it appears. He is becoming quite popular and I look forward to seeing his cases. Thanks again.

Hi Mickey85.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Means a lot to me.

I am glad that finally Dr. Bhatti seems to be getting the credit that he deserves......great consistent results, awesome service and affordable price.....a hair loss sufferer's dream come true!!!