Recent FUE procedure by Dr. Hakan Doganay

simonuk

"...it was between 3-4 hours for this, lying face-down on a surgery bed while the grafts were extracted from the back of my head.

Do you know if this is typical in large session FUE transplants?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to use dermatch to cover the redness?

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Shampoo - I was expecting about 8 hours over two days initially, so 8 hours in a large session worked out well for me. I've seen other clinics quote this timeframe also for a typical FUE procedure.

TOharbourfront - I hadn't heard of that product until you mentioned it, but it's not something I'll be pursuing after a quick read. To be honest, I'm quite happy to just let the redness fade away. I'm hoping it will have dissipated by the time I reach two month's post-op, so will just have to wait and see.

Hi dannyboy785, the count achieved in the same timeframe is likely due to a number of factors... the surgeon/nurses' pace, method, number of singles/doubles/triples from graft extractions...

However, I can't open a good debate on the subject as we had two different surgeries with different doctors/clinics (I presume?) and every operation is different.

• 2 weeks later...

It is now six weeks since my FUE procedure, so just wanted to share a quick update.

I haven't noticed any more shedding of implanted hairs for some time now. What shock loss I experienced (which was very minimal) stopped long ago too. My pillow doesn't show any evidence nor the sink. I'm not sure whether to expect more/all of the implanted hair to fall out eventually.

The implanted area is unfortunately still very red and noticeable. I've uploaded three pictures I just took. The area is a bit shiny as I currently have some cream on but I'm not noticing any positive effect to be honest. (With the flash off it looks much redder.) I'm going on holiday in three weeks' time and I fear I'll be wearing a hat still.

On the positive side anyway, I can't wait to see how it progresses and am looking forward to to my head healing soon. I quite like the shaved head look and will be happy to sport it. Better be healed by Christmas!

hair1.JPG.2fb951334cb673bc73eda89d176ea980.JPG

hair2.JPG.5b75802e33a9f210f0425efbf34dd23d.JPG

hair3.JPG.1434d750ed81936c2f2788bca6fd0418.JPG

it seems pretty red for six weeks, is that normal? have you cut your hair since the surgery. I was hoping to be back at work after 3-4 without any redness or anything noticeable

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Hopefully some other FUE patients can chime in and comment on their experiences with the implant area redness/healing. I've read about varying timeframes for the redness to fade, from weeks to months.

I bought some clippers and have twice now buzzed it on the lowest grade with an attachment. Perhaps when I get back from holiday I'll just let my hair grow for a while and see how it looks (not great I'd imagine!)...

Avoid sun.

My redness always subsides by the three-four week mark. If I do anything stressful like exercise which raises my heart rate and sustains it for over ten minutes at the higher part of the target heart rate, I get a slight burning sensation and redness in the area that quickly subsides after I stop. This phenoenum goes on or a couple of months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting an update on here.

It is now just over three months since I had my FUE treatment. I am still taking 1mg of Finasteride daily although I will run out at the end of January. I plan to continue taking this (or Propecia if I can't get a doctor to prescribe me Finasteride - anyone have this issue? The cost difference is quite staggering). I am also using Regaine although I will be honest, I do quite often forget and this regiment is poor on my part.

The donor area is still visible when I clipper my hair very short and I presume it will always be noticeable if I am to shave my head (grade 0-1) in future. However, with about two/three weeks' hair growth, it's not visible at all. This will be my norm in future so all good there... I was quite surprised how itchy the donor area was for the first two months but this dissipated and eventually went away around the beginning of the third month.

Since the operation I have been clippering my hair to the lowest grade as I have found it to be so easy to deal with and quite comfortable. However, I have now decided to do the opposite and let it grow out. The sole reason for this is because the redness in my implanted region is still as red as ever. After three months I was hoping it would have faded but no luck on that front for me.

There has been quite alot of new hair growth this month. It is still patchy and with each new hair it gets spotty for a couple days and this adds to the redness.

However, redness aside, I'm really pleased with how much hair has started showing up already. I wasn't expecting to see results until the new year. There may be a reason for this but the hair that was implanted near the temples has come through very fast and already individual hairs are quite thick.

I've attached a few pictures I just took. Do let me know if you have any specific questions or want to see pictures in a certain light/angle.

Thanks.

Simon

hair1.JPG.263ab72dba88ff7fac1f4539bcfe88db.JPG

hair2.JPG.3f88a880d3604dbf692f456f206c3ac4.JPG

hair3.JPG.80bbcc61659c51fd0aebd91ebcee1292.JPG

hair4.jpg.0302ef37b0bfd9ba6ddfa3b5c4ef6ccf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Four Month Update

Well, it's been four months now since I had my FUE hair transplant. There has been quite alot of new hair growth in the last four weeks, far more than I was expecting at this point actually.

I've uploaded pictures from today and also before the operation so you can see the difference.

I'm really liking the restored hairline and the temple area which had receeded a fair chunk is now looking fuller. It's still patchy but considering it's only four months on, I'm really happy with the progress.

I am still taking Finasteride (1mg) daily, although I haven't touched the Regaine at all. I should really force myself to get that routine in order!

hair1.jpg.02474eb57927dfe7416a7a3ed77ce683.jpg

hair2.JPG.61d9eaa27f08952e22871b5ef12e4ed5.JPG

hair3.jpg.d15b9b61e6858b61997bbd2b4a7496d7.jpg

hair4.JPG.4f110112a2d6ab410e91955f75f50af5.JPG

hair5.JPG.2d9c6ada03cd94116e0714e5e1d23c73.JPG

hair6.JPG.2ea5d8fdf76072462ff4bacc39feac4a.JPG

• 4 months later...