2808 FUE with Dr Jose Lorenzo at the Farjo Clinic

Readytodoit

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya mate. Redness definitely getting less, itching like a good 'un though.

Was cringing looking at the before photos though, harsh light and no putty to hold it all together.

Edited by Readytodoit

Working from home this week. I was supposed to be getting longer working from home but looks like that won't happen.

To be honest, I think I would rather get back before all the grafts start to fall out. That way people will be used to me having my head shaved close and the grafts falling out might not be as noticeable to people.

I'm actually quite liking the shaved look, something I never thought I would.

Only thing is I don't want people at work coming up and rubbing my head. That's one week today since the procedure began and I've obviously still got a mass of scabbing and not a lot of feeling at the recipient site. The donor is not as bad and some scabs are coming of as I wash my hair.

I won't be wearing a hat though although that was my initial plan.

Regarding getting your donor looking nice and clean......I'd highly recommend running a luke warm bath, then sit into it and lean back, slow dipping your donor area into it. I did this from day 2-3 and my donor was looking really clean by day 4-5.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Johnj, I've actually got a big head (usually have problems getting hats to fit me) and my hairline was always high. If you go for surgery, you can get the hairline lowered a bit.

That way you might be ok with having it shaved. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect some ignorant person at work to come out with an inconsiderate comment or two. People can be harsh sometimes.

Good advice Johnnydrama. I'll give that a try tonight.

I forgot to mention....while lightly massaging it. It encourages any remaining dried blood etc to slowly come loose.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Chris - this is a great post for me, I'm booked with Dr. Lorenzo in November so this was really helpful. I had some questions for you on the hairline design. I had heard that Dr. Lorenzo is a bit conservative in this area...did he seem willing to work with your wishes (within reason and appropriateness of course)? I'll be traveling over from Los Angeles anything in particular I shouldn't forget to bring? I am convinced, as I've been waiting to do this for a long time, that Dr. Lorenzo is the way to go (assuming you can afford him) - glad to finally see a patient review from Farjo before I go - so many thanks! The work looks great, I'm sure you will have a fantastic result and I'm happy you feel you made the right decision!

Edited by Gotime

Hi Gotime. Fantastic to hear that you're going for it, great choice in surgeon and clinic.

Dr Lorenzo gave me a couple of choices when it came to placement of the hairline, he drew two separate lines on my forehead. One was my hairline as it was and the other was the lower option. I opted for the lower hairline. He also gave the option of whether I wanted the hairline to be fairly straight or slightly pointed, like a widow's peak. I chose the slightly pointed one as I thought it was more natural.

He will listen to you but he is very experienced and because he's done so many procedures, he is very confident in what he thinks it should look and what will look natural. I have also read that he can be conservative when it comes to the hairline, but he used a tape measure and showed me that the hairline he created was exactly how it should be based on distance from eyebrows, bridge of nose and from the corners to the eyebrows (of course everybody's face shape is different but there must be some kind of average). One thing I will say is that he packs very densely in the hairline which should give great results.

I'm really glad that my post has been helpful to you and feel free to ask me anything else you want.

Thanks Chris, that is very helpful and I'm looking forward to having the discussion with Dr. Lorenzo. Since I'm coming from Los Angeles I won't really have the chance to discuss it until the day before surgery, but I'm sure we will come to an agreement on what will look best. Any advice for things I should definitely bring with me? Thanks again, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic result in a few months as the growing begins.

Hey readytodoit, thank you for your contribution to help other guys. I'm looking to go to Dr Lorenzo in march of next year.

Did Dr Lorenzo mention anything about using beard hair? I'm getting low on donor scalp donor.

Also, I plan on going with a short buzz cut, like a 1 guard. Do you think this is possible with Dr Lorenzo?

I wish you the best! I think you made a great choice! Thanks again for your time.

Hi Gotime. You're coming from LA, that's great. It's usually the other way around.

They give you big pads to put on the pillow but it would be worth bringing a cheap or old pillow case to put on the pillows wherever you are staying, just in case the pads slip, it can be a bit messy the first couple of nights.

Don't bother bringing a hat for after the op because they tell you not to wear one for obvious reasons.

Bring shirts that button up as well rather than t-shirts so that you don't have to pull them over your head after surgery.

I'll try to think of anything else that would be useful for you :-)

Hi Peacebuddy. Glad I'm helping some people.

He never mentioned if he uses beard hair but I would suspect as he's a very progressive surgeon that he would utilise any resources he could. If you contacted the clinic they would certainly be able to tell you.

Keep us posted.

Hi all,

It's now been two weeks to the day since I had my first day of surgery. Most of the scabs have come off, only some at the front remain.

I worked from home for the first week and started back in the office this week. Nobody noticed any signs of surgery. The most that people noticed was that I just had really short hair.

Even the people who knew what I was getting done were amazed at how little there was to see in respect of signs of the procedure.

An added bonus for me was that quite a few people commented that I suited the short hair and that it made me look younger! Bonus. The grey is coming back again so that compliment will probably be short lived.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the progress so far.

5b32db207617f_20131009_175036-11.jpg.ed5181dd73021ed24163ae3ae5b633d4.jpg

5b32db208a0df_20131009_1751441.jpg.a3cddb4a721e2dd60dd2bc910be4be05.jpg

5b32db2118ff7_20131009_1752181.jpg.d9494ca6ae0d5b3457abd2476e868ae1.jpg