Booked FUE at Dr. Erkan Demirsoy in November 2013.

cloudy

Hi guys!!

After some months of researching and re-considerations about finding a good doctor I decided to go to Turkey and give it a go or try. I was in contact with several good clinics in Turkey and many factors decided to go to Istanbul at Dr. Erkan Demirsoy. I must say, at first, that clinics I did some emailing with, were equally good and only choice was the price, nothing more. Since my budget is very limited, a total spend would be around 4000EUR or little bit more - including airplane ticket, hotel etc. Dr. Demirsoy estimated around 3500 grafts over photos I sent to his agent Clemens Weber. Me and Clemens exchanged around 15 or more emails, very good guy indeed. I did wrote several times on forum that I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp which is now controlled with a small amount of redness but somehow over 7 years since I got SD my hair started to get thinner and fall of a bit year by year. Most problematic part of scalp is first frontal third where I lost most of hair, remaining part of scalp is OK for my standards. Not looking for 100% recovery but increasing most of the volume will be visually very significant and satisfying. I think that 3000-3500 grafts would be extremely boosting and expecting a great change. That's around 6000-7000 new hairs. I did a digital measure from my photos of my first third of frontal area where my hair is most degraded and counted around 10-20 (thinned or partially thinned hairs) per cm2. I presume that only transplant can be helpful there since minoxidil and finasteride only works in central or back portions of scalp if we talk about regrowth. I used minoxidil 5% for several years twice a day for 1ml in the morning and 1ml in the evening. Nothing special as for results, or better said, none.

Anyway, I am not afraid, not even euphoric or excited. I just want the date as soon as possible to come. I can live now with short buzzed hair since I am lucky to have good shaped head but, hey, don't want the bad boy look...

I see all this as a procedure, which it is. I had several years ago a nose job which is another dimension of surgery so I can wait peacefully for another 12 months to see the first and final results from Dr.Erkan Demirsoy and his team :)

Well his agent replied to me that November was the earliest time for procedure. Probably he is overbooked until then. Of course you can always ask and see if someone has canceled procedure in the meantime. 1EUR per graft is his standard price, no more, no less but you have to do at least 1800 grafts, so 1800EUR at least to spend + hotel + airplane expenses. I asked for a cheaper hotel since 3 nights in a hotel with transportation is around 380EUR which is a lot for me.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

Just wanted to inform you that in a couple of hours I'll be at the clinic of Dr. Erkan Demirsoy. His contact in Istanbul (Clemens Weber) and I had a coup of coffee this morning, very nice young man, polite and encouraging.

Istanbul is huuuge, reminds me of my Balkan by culture so I feel comfortable here. Anyway, procedure is gonna take some time until late hours or more so I'll be writing tomorrow and hopefully insert couple of photos in a new tread. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...