Should I consider transplant for the temples

hi British guy.......you definitely are a candidate for temple peak restoration.

There is a real art to recreating the temporal area but it can be quite effective and it doesn't take a huge number of grafts to accomplish. Also, those areas tend to grow in faster than other areas

here is a sample of temple cases:

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Temple points are most definitely affected. In most people, the right side recedes more than the left and as your hairline recedes the sides recede as well. This is not universal but it is typical.

However, I don't think your temple points are in need of any work. They are a bit thin but they are still cosmetically viable and I think they should be left alone.

To be clear, the area marked in blue is your temple point. The area in red is your temple proper.

16810.jpg?i=2078870874

If you are referring to your temple proper then I can see where some work would be justified, however, to answer your question "Should I consider transplant for the temples?"; Only you can decide whether you should or should not. We are here to only tell you if you are a candidate if you so decide to do something about it.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Temple points are most definitely affected. In most people, the right side recedes more than the left and as your hairline recedes the sides recede as well. This is not universal but it is typical.

However, I don't think your temple points are in need of any work. They are a bit thin but they are still cosmetically viable and I think they should be left alone.

To be clear, the area marked in blue is your temple point. The area in red is your temple proper.

16810.jpg?i=2078870874

If you are referring to your temple proper then I can see where some work would be justified, however, to answer your question "Should I consider transplant for the temples?"; Only you can decide whether you should or should not. We are here to only tell you if you are a candidate if you so decide to do something about it.

Then can't be a bit odd making a transplant to the temple points? If you lose the rest of your temple points then it's gonna look pretty odd.

From my observations, men tend to recede more on the side where they part the hair which could be either side. Many have temporal lobe recessionary patterns and some recede across the entire frontal plane of the hairline. Some have diffused thinning patterns.

You really want to look closely at the type of recessionary patterns evident in family history. And yes it would look very unnatural to continue to thin/lose the temple points after committing grafts to that zone. Many men recede in that area because with most men, it does thin and recede considerably as they get older.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

From my observations, men tend to recede more on the side where they part the hair which could be either side. Many have temporal lobe recessionary patterns and some recede across the entire frontal plane of the hairline. Some have diffused thinning patterns.

You really want to look closely at the type of recessionary patterns evident in family history. And yes it would look very unnatural to continue to thin/lose the temple points after committing grafts to that zone. Many men recede in that area because with most men, it does thin and recede considerably as they get older.

Is it necessary a lot of grafts to restore or to pack more the temple points?

dr mwamba is my one of the fav for hairlines

He is talented and ethical...;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

TonyStark83,

It really depends how much existing native hair is present. I would not advocate dense packing that area but rather establish a transition zone in case the area does thin or recede in the future.

Gillenator

TonyStark83,

It really depends how much existing native hair is present. I would not advocate dense packing that area but rather establish a transition zone in case the area does thin or recede in the future.

I was asking this because I think I've read someone in this forum claiming doctors use some sort of technique that only takes a small amount of grafts to fill up temple points.

Are you thinking of the "stick and place" technique?

Gillenator

Or it might be the lateral slit incisions that can create more illusionary coverage.

Gillenator