Hair Transplant Done Strip 1600 Grafts Crown

singhdiking

I underwent hair transplant in crown area 3 days back. I am from India and this forum helped me a lot in knowing about Hair transplants. I underwent HT in India. Attaching my pre op photo and post op photo.

By the grace of god, I am in a position to afford expensive HT's. However, I am someone who gives more importance to "trust level" with a doctor along with his skill level. I read about many doctors here and though I could afford travelling to U.S to get a transplant, I preferred to get it done by someone whom I trusted a lot. I knew this doctor in India since 6 years.

I don't know about the results yet. Will have to see over time. But I did see his previous work and was impressed with the level of transparency he maintained. Talking to him was like reading do's and don't about HT on this forum. This gave me lot of confidence about the level of honesty the doctor maintained throughout. I have a good hair line but was balding severely in the crown area. Doctor suggested instead of focusing on front and crown area, let us focus first on the crown area.

He had a complete team ready on the day of the procedure. Team comprised of three doctors and support staff of 8 people for various other things.Procedure went on for 7 hours and I was treated like a king. At the end of the procedure, he told me that I had good hair density and he had transplanted 1600 grafts. From the donor area, 26 cm strip was taken out (1.5 cm wide in the centre and 1.2 cm wide in the side). Everything went smooth.

I will be updating my results every now and then.

Untitled.jpg.4c44db2dde583113c849fba2471e714c.jpg

5b32da8206b6a_Picture34.jpg.1904ef48eb776851e83554e7af13b0a0.jpg

For an advanced level of hair loss and given that you have good donor supply and budget at your disposal,

why were only 1600 grafts transplanted?I dont mean to be rude,but the grafts are very far apart and the work doesn't seem very neat.

Doctor advised me to take multiple sessions. He told me he did not want to waste grafts and would add density in next session if I wanted. He first wanted to see the response of HT on my scalp with minimal wastage of donor area.

Also, my requirement is to just cover the bald area in the crown region. I mainly want density in the front portion where I already have good hair line but in general thinning of hair. Dont you think the bald crown would get covered by what he has done now?

I am a little scared after reading your reply.

Lets wait for 8-10 months to see whether your desired coverage is achieved or not.But to my eyes,the grafts do not look like follicular units and are far apart.Since the work was done on the crown and behind the hairline,if you are not satisfied with the result you can go for another session with a doc from this forum.And I dont agree wit your doc's opinion at all.

What does it look like, if not FU's? I did not understand.

Yea in case I am not happy, I will go for another HT. I did lot of research on these docs before I went in. Got lot of positive reviews as well. So hoping for the best.

Thanks for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are looking good till now. I will post some photos soon.

Crust and Scabs had formed. With the help of Baby Oil and Aloe Vera, I massaged my scalp in a circular motion using fingertips. Curst and scabs came out along with lot of hair. I did this post 2 weeks of HT. No bleeding was seen. Went for a check up and doc said everything looked good. At present I am on following medication.

Finasteride - 1mg every other day

Minoxidil - 10% foam once at night

Keraglo (Biotin, Zinc) - Once a day

l-arginine - 500 mg twice a day

Panax Ginseng - 600 mg once a day

• 2 months later...

Hi

1600 grafts isn't going to be enough in my opinion to make a huge difference. Why wasn't a bigger strip taken? Did you also consider getting FUE done?

In my experience keep going in to the same FUT scar for future HTs is most likely only going to

leave with the risk of a stretched scar.

I can see what has been done is growing though.

• 3 months later...

I think it looks quite good. And i think it was wise not to waste extra grafts on crown. I think the most acceptable part to be less dense for more hairloss patients is crown. A 20-25% coverage is good enough. Most people would want more grafts in the frontal area. by the way it looks like you have hairloss in the frontal zone as well. Is there any reason why you didn't get any transplant there? Cause people usually go for better coverage there first and then think of crown ........

Falco123

I have very good hairline in the frontal region and I have no hair loss starting from my hairline to about 2 inches towards my crown.

But in between my crown and the frontal region, I do have some hair loss. But its not severe but certainly noticeable. My doc had suggested me to go for crown as that required immediate attention. He wanted me to have Finasteride for about an year to see how my frontal region responded to it.

Coming September, I will go for frontal region HT and then next year will see if I need a third one to cover up crown or frontal region depending on results.

I met him yesterday and showed him my 7th month post op progress. He was happy and he said I should expect better results by end of 11th month as the hair would only get thicker and better from here.

This is what he had suggested when I met him for the first time based on donor area, hair quality etc

Phase 1: Crown (FUT) - Completed

Phase 2: Frontal (FUT)

Phase 3: Crown or Frontal or both (FUE)

• 4 weeks later...

8 Months Update

First pic is before I did Hair Transplant and the Second Pic is of today. I have cut my hair short to see how it looks when I sport something close to a buzz cut. What do you think guys? How are the results? And will hair continue to get thicker over the next few months?

5b32ded9e3f02_8MonthsAgo.jpg.8fb0113bf7c7e16e13e90cbbe3a925ed.jpg

Now.jpg.e9cdd9c704d680cde142bb043208c7de.jpg

Singh, relax man, not everyone is here reading every post voraciously - and responding immediately. We're all looking in the mirror ourselves. :P

I think it looks quite good. Are you going to grow it out any or keep it short?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

voxman Thanks for your comments.

I will let the hair grow from now on. Hoping for the best. Doc is happy with progress. He said its just 8th month and over next 4 months your hair will get thicker. Just wanted to know if this is true.

• 1 month later...

Looking good man, by all counts, it should improve even more in the next few months.

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture