tingly feeling in recipient area 8 months after procedure?

This is relatively common. The procedure does cause transection of many sensory nerve fibers on the scalps surface. In most cases they do regenerate and bring back normal sensation. I have seen this take a year or more in some patients.

Quick question...is this 'tingling sensation' generally more prevalent after a first HT, as compared to subsequent procedures? I experienced the tingling for 6 months following my first HT, but am currently 1 month post-op from HT #2, and only experienced the tingling for a few weeks. Not that I'm complaining :D

If you do have permanent nerve damage I don't believe that it is due to a patients own physiology, but rather a mistake made by the Doctor. However, it is usually temporary. But If it the sensation last more than 2 years I'd say something is wrong. That is one of my main concerns regarding a hair transplant. I hate that falling asleep feeling you get sometimes in your arms or legs. I'd rather be bald and have normal scalp sensation. The good thing is it rarely happens and if you go to a reputable doc the chances are minimal to none. Hope this helps.

I have had a few patients that had prolonged numbness after the first procedure and regained normal sensation within 24 hrs after the second surgery. I have also had a few patients with no numbness after the first procedure and prolonged numbness after the second surgery.

Thanks Dr Charles I am always glad to see that you take time to answer questions that come from the hair loss members of this forum. I suppose you would have cut extremely deep past the fatty tissue to do severe damage that might result in long-lost sensation or an aggravation of scalp tingling and numbness. Everyone's physiology differs so it is impossible to look into any crystal ball and predict the future. However, from what I've heard the chance of permanent nerve damage is minimal to none. As the nerves repair themselves, much in the same way that the tubers of certain species of plants regenerate lost tissue over a short period of time.