How would you feel dating a woman who didn't like bald men?

Ah, my apologies. You brought up India in your last post in a way that sounded like you had first-hand experience there. I made an inaccurate connection. And no, not insulted in the least bit. You haven't made this personal in any way.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Here you'll find numerous pre-Hollywood era baldness ads:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1436&bih=768&q=old+brylcreem+ad+1900s&oq=old+brylcreem+ad+1900s&gs_l=img.3...806.12537.0.12898.22.7.0.15.15.0.145.559.6j1.7.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..8.14.574.OFtbZqYtnTQ#hl=en&q=vintage+cure+for+baldness+ad&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

1910 (pre-Hollywood era) ad for baldness:

Fishing for History: The History of Fishing and Fishing Tackle: Deconstructing Old Ads with Bill Sonnett

I think civilized man has always been concerned about hair loss. Even before the advent of mass marketing and 'Hollywood.' I think marketers just played into and capitalized on an already existing fear. Cures and remedies for baldness have been around for eons.

Ah, my apologies. You brought up India in your last post in a way that sounded like you had first-hand experience there. I made an inaccurate connection. And no, not insulted in the least bit. You haven't made this personal in any way.

I mentioned it just like you mentioned antic era like you had first experience there and you surely didn't, right? It called a gathering of informations from what you see everyday in books, newspapers, internet, TV, other people's testimonies (like many have on this forum). It doesn't need to go to the antics (which you mentioned) or Asia these days to deduct that 2+2 is 4. Just like many people today support wars in others third countries judging by TV reportage and have literally never been there (offtopic but does matter actually).

As for links, OK, nobody says it wasn't there for 'eons' but it surely hasn't been this destructive in mass marketing by hitting you from all over. One or couple of hundred adds then among zillions today does not change the facts.

• 4 months later...
I dated a woman one time who told me "you know, you'd be really good looking if you had more hair." I felt like saying "we'll you'd be really sweet if you weren't such a bitch." Some people just don't think before they speak.

You should've said it.. she'd probably would have loved it!

I think the woman you were with may have just been giving you a compliment and I would take it as just that and a testament to the good work you had done. We tend to think that women who say they'll never be attracted to a balding guy are shallow but I must admit that I would never be attracted to an over weight woman, so it just depends on personal preferences.

hmm.. I don't see a balding man being analogous to being an overweight woman.. I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't equate the two. Being overweight generally is within a person's control.. whereas hair loss is much less controllable... this is thought-porovoking nevertheless..

good thread!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

You should've said it.. she'd probably would have loved it!

Sounds like you prescribe to this new bumper crop of internet 'gurus' that preach the gospel of 'the worse you treat a woman, the more she wants you. Be a challenge.' Must be a generational thing, because my father loved and adored, honored and respected my mother for 51 years. When it's right, it's right, and games shouldn't have to be played.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys ,

if we search we will find very few girls looking hot without make up and dressed simple , we go in functions and public meeting , these ladies have done hell lot of make up and hair extensions to look good , so , how they are elligible to make comments on a bald men ,

this happened to me once , i not bald but have a receding hair line , have lot of freinds ,

but there are some people in functions , there main aim is just to make fun of others , we were sitting in a group and a girl i just hardly know was trying to be frank with me and then she just suddenly made comment on my receding hairline and she herself had done lot of makeup and used hair extensions how can she make a comment on me like this , i just commented on her make up and hair extensions and from that i dint heard a comment from her .

the reason they can paint there face and heads , and most men dont preffer to paint their face .

they also look so much weird with painting there face and using extensions on their head .

Dating a woman who didn't like bald men sounds like a challenge. I would feel insufficient and incompatible with a woman who had such a preference. If time allowed me to experience noticeable hair loss, I'd plan an intervention to keep as much hair as possible.

Not all women are unimpressed by men with baldness. In any case, do whatever makes her happy...:)

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shreyas24

It depends on interesting factor of women, because few of them thin external things and few of them think reliability of person rather than handsome or bald hair. So it depends according to women taste.

Hi fellows. I'd just make her like you for the person you are, but finding her will require some effort because you shouldn't settle... If you begin to notice balding, you should let her know how much it troubles you and begin finding treatments at that point.

@shreyas24. None of us are perfect and we should act accordingly. I think that confidence is everything when it comes to dating.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Sounds like you prescribe to this new bumper crop of internet 'gurus' that preach the gospel of 'the worse you treat a woman, the more she wants you. Be a challenge.' Must be a generational thing, because my father loved and adored, honored and respected my mother for 51 years. When it's right, it's right, and games shouldn't have to be played.

Unfortunately that gospel is generally right. No one should be abusive or mean to anyone, but being a challenge (as in not a pushover) creates mystery and intrigue. People want what they can't have, the grass is greener, etc. If you're too easy, a woman will feel she "has" you and suddenly the grass appears greener elsewhere. Regardless of who you are, if you roll over for a woman it will be against your best interest... things may still work out, but it's against your best interest.

That's life.

In a relationship, some guys demand their respect, some want their respect, and some guys have it coming to them no matter what... A man is more than the amount of hair he has on his head. Men are not defined by their degree of hair loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Same happened to me. I didnt say i had ht. Made me trust her less and like her less.

My regimen includes:

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• 2 weeks later...

@Paulygon

Hi. Was she less physically attractive to you in any way?

@Paulygon

Hi. Was she less physically attractive to you in any way?

yes, her only physical flaw is her big nose. i could never see me being in any kind of relationship with her as I am not attracted to her nose.

Her body was fine though.

My regimen includes:

• 2 weeks later...
It's interesting how many women say "oh it doesn't matter to me if a guy is bald...hair is over-rated...I dont even notice" but then you look at their Facebook and all the celeb guys they adore have hair!

very true & statistically, after having taken a poll, they say they like to run their fingers through a man's thick head of hair.

comedian, george carlin said shaven heads look good on black guys not white guys.

dude look at who they are mad about on facebook, i couldn't agree with u more: brad pitt, george clooney, hugh jackman, justin bieber, elvis presley

i mean come on is that guy george from that tv show--getting compliments and women on the verge of stalking him on facebook--no

women are very very vain, and care so much about their own appearance, why would it not naturally follow that they want some dude who looks vain and handsome? It does follow.

Baldness suits some guys. Think Telly Syvalas (Kojak); Yul Brenner; Bruce Willis... & I know women who have said...'I prefer bald men!' So... If you want 'the hair' then do it FOR YOU & not for others, as you can please yourself but never satisfy other people.

• 6 months later...