Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

really time will tell. Nobody could tell you from those photos.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It's hard to say from just the one pic. Most shockloss I've seen tends to be in clumps or patches but yours does just look like overall thinning out so I understand where you're coming from in asking the question.

When did you have your procedure? Do you have a pic of your donor pre op?

I am at the 5 week mark tomorrow. No pictures of my donor before the op unfortunately as I've always had thick hair on the back and didn't think it would thin out so much. I do have a picture of the back of my head straight after the first wash.

img_0252.jpg.70618bc2ff6d1ae0361393bb900c77a8.jpg

I am at the 5 week mark tomorrow. No pictures of my donor before the op unfortunately as I've always had thick hair on the back and didn't think it would thin out so much.

I had seriously thick donor and 2000 FUE noticeably thinned it out for me whereby I was strongly advised to go STRIP over FUE next time. But hey that's the very essence of a HT I guess, you're taking the hair from one place and putting it somewhere else. I just think it's too often overlooked how much of a difference it can make to the density of your donor when it's FUE.

But it's too early to in your case to even make that call. The first few months felt a lot thinner but it will recover just a question of how much. I would strongly advise using minox on the donor though if you're not already.

Throwaway,

Yes from my observation, it appears to be shock loss. And being five weeks post-op also is an indication that it is shock loss.

My premonition is that most of it will grow back however it is going to take another 4-6 weeks from this point to see things begin to fill in. And I am referring to both your donor and recipient areas.

I would not recommend you applying anything to the area such as minoxidil because IMHO it could potentially make the area even thinner than it is right now.

Time should take care of this but it will take some patience on your part.

I truly hope everything fills in nicely for you and happy regrowth! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

That looks like shockloss. He didn't take 5000 grafts. Or, you had a horrible donor density..

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I think it was 2,000 grafts not 5,000.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Throwaway,

Yes from my observation, it appears to be shock loss. And being five weeks post-op also is an indication that it is shock loss.

My premonition is that most of it will grow back however it is going to take another 4-6 weeks from this point to see things begin to fill in. And I am referring to both your donor and recipient areas.

I would not recommend you applying anything to the area such as minoxidil because IMHO it could potentially make the area even thinner than it is right now.

Time should take care of this but it will take some patience on your part.

I truly hope everything fills in nicely for you and happy regrowth! ;)

Reassuring coming from you, Gillenator. Hopefully it all grows back soon.