FUE Donor Area day 1 vs. day 9

@sucks- I checked up on what you said about the safe zone. The hair in the back of my head has, and I'm quoting the doc, "Off-the-charts density," and I have no family history of crown balding. B/c it's the follicle and not the location that determines DHT susceptibility, there's no danger if some of those hairs were harvested outside of the safe zone. My doc knows better than you why he took them, and you should know more about what you are talking about before you try to rain DHT on my hair parade.

Dude,

Follicles harvested from the universal safe zone are considered "safe" for use in hair transplant surgery because they are resistant to DHT. This is not true of other hairs in the scalp, which is why individuals with androgenic alopecia experience hair loss in the characteristic "male pattern baldness" fashion.

What MPB is trying to say is that follicles taken from outside the safe zone aren't as resistant to DHT, and may be susceptible to future loss if transplanted to other areas of the scalp. While it's true that the follicle itself is what is affected by DHT, its location in the scalp does actually make a difference when comparing follicles in the "safe" region to follicles in the susceptible regions.

Having said that, it does not appear as if follicles were harvested outside of the safe region. Congratulations on the procedure! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

don't expect to come at me with your negativity and be greeted with a positive response. You were wrong with regards to your assessment of the safe zone, and you were wrong with regards to why the safe zone matters. Off-the-charts density in the back matters b/c IF those hairs were extracted out of the safe zone they would still be safe b/c it's the follicle and not the location that determines DHT susceptibility. Nevertheless, I've looked at your 10 day post op photos and they look great, and then your hair didn't grow, so you might wanna rethink your myopic view on what determines a successful HT.

Hairs are taken from the back and sides b/c they're 'safe.' AND if you happen to have no family history of crown balding and off-the-charts density there like I do, then that's safe too. Do you understand?

Now, it seems you need refresher course on what constitues 'constructive' feedback so you don't keep patting yourself on the back.

Constructive Feedback 101:

Step 1: Feedback should balance negative with positive. For instance, 'Hey, Dude, your donor region looks like it's really healed in such a short amount of time. Now here's my erroneous opinions.'

Step 2: Feedback shouldn't be opinions. For instance, 'looks odd to me,' or, 'does not look clean,' or, 'looks like they've been harvested out of the safe zone.' Wow. You sure like to look.

Step 3: Opinions shouldn't be erroneous. For instance, 'looks like they've been harvested out of the safe zone.'

And finally, please try to understand that when you post pictures, the last thing you want is some anonymous arm-chair critic throwing up negative and incorrect assumptions about your transplant. Maybe you've commented like this before and not had your ass verbally handed to you, but it's only b/c they chose to not confront you and instead were privately hurt. Well, this homie don't play that.