My 7 day FUE post op regimen

Hello fellow baldies,

Who knows the secret to getting good results? Me neither, but I think some post op stuff can be done to help. The theme is moderation. I'm on day 7.

Day 1, HOUR 1: Coffee! Oh yeah, coffee, why? B/c my head was ON FIRE and the 800mg of Ibuprofen needs caffeine to really pump that pain relief through your veins to your head. Will you bleed more? Who cares? You're already bleeding and the pin pricks are over, but your skull is about to explode. VANILLA LATTE BABY!

HOUR 2: Go into a Wendy's. Family stops eating and talking, look at me in silence. I wink, go into the bathroom, take a dump, spray ATP on recipient area, repeat EVERY HOUR (not the dump part). Why ATP? I don't know, but I can tell you from growing weed hydroponically that before the little plant roots hit the water you need to give them some water from above to keep `em alive. That's what I think ATP spray does until the hairs dig into the blood circulation. Plus, I've read research where it outperforms saline solution over the 4 days it takes the hairs to dig in. I walk out of bathroom, they try to act like I don't look like Dexter.

I'm HOME: Watch a lot of TV with your head tilted back, wrap a towel around for neck support. Don't lean forward, don't bend down. Find a slave, make her cook LEAN PROTEIN AND GREEN VEGETABLES. I hate vegetables! I ate chicken and brocoli. When you're done eating, give the tray of discarded food back to your slave, watch TV until you sleep. Sleep with head titled back!

Also, do the stupid thing where you spread your thumbs from the middle going out toward your temples to drain the swelling. Do this for a couple minutes after you ice your forehead, NOT YOUR grafts, dummy.

Now, b/c I am not in a 3rd world country and can recover in a nice, clean environment, I threw the antibiotics in the trash. Not recommending this to everyone, but for me, I feel like the less stuff I'm putting into my system, the better; and from the research I've done, b/c of a generous vascular supply of scalp skin, scalp infections are VERY rare. Plus, I'd rather my body focus on my recovery rather than killing bacteria, some of which can be beneficial.

Day 2: REPEAT.

Day 3: OMG, I can finally shower and sleep in a bed.

SHOWER: first I shower, then I use a cup, dump luke-warm water all over head, lather baby shampoo in hand, DAB, not rub, onto recipient area and donor area. Come out of shower, take cool bottled water, rinse off in sink in front of mirror so I can see what I'm doing.

Now, go upstairs and sleep in a bed! Put plastic or something over the pillow so you don't bleed all over it. Sleep on back with a bunch of pillows.

Day 4: Oh good, the swelling in my forehead has dropped to my eyes and now I look retarded. I should have listened to myself on day 1 about doing the stupid thumbs thing to drain the swelling more.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT my donor area ITCHES! I gently rub my hand over the back of my head, man that feels good. Some tiny scabs come loose and off. Good riddance! I lift my eyebrows up and down to work out. Side note, DON'T DO THIS ON DAY 1. Holy fucking pain!

Day 5: HOLY FUCKING SHIT my donor area STILL ITCHES! I take teaspoon of salt, mix in 8 ounces of bottled water, dump that shit over the back of my head. Then I ice my donor area. COME ON!!!!

I resume drinking my cup of coffee a day to get my blood pumping and do my eyebrows lift to get feeling. I know we don't want to get a major RISE in blood pressure, which is why they don't advice exercise first couple weeks, but I believe getting the blood to your head sparingly is a REALLY GOOD idea.

Day 6- Donor scabs finally off! Thank God, now sore, no more itching. Now, stop being a pussy and lightly stroke those grafts in the shower. Crossing fingers... okay, they didn't all come out.

Day 7: Shower and gently MASSAGE those grafts. Stop being a pussy and touch it! While everyone preaches to be delicate, and you should, you need to not leave your new hairs all alone. Think if you were raised like that? You'd be even more awkward. You don't want awkward hair do yoU?

I'm gonna apply some scar gel to the donor area (it has aloe vera and crap) and will be transitioning from ATP spray to Biotin spray TODAY!! Up until NOW, I have been spraying the ATP on the recipient area every HOUR (okay, I forget a bunch) except when I'm asleep- I tried to train myself, too difficult. Now, I've heard that the biotin makes the scalp turn red if you had Acell and PRP, what's that? Look it up. So... I'm now going to start taking vitamin C twice a day to potentially counter act the redness. Up until NOW, I have put nothing in my body except lean protein/vegetables, coffee/juice/water. No vitamins! Stop being a lazy american and get your vitamins from the food.

Side note, red scalp at this point not so bad b/c I've heard that it means the blood is pumping there and is active and you want this for your little heard of new grafts.

So while there are things you can do Post Op, I'm trying not to OVER do it, and I'm trying not to Under do it, moderation. Hope that helps somebody, somewhere, somehow.

Edited by dudewheresmyhairdude

i did it myself with tweezers, a hand mirror and soco.

Lol!!!! :D

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I did it myself with tweezers, a hand mirror and SoCo.

There's a future in Hair Restoration for you. If you can do it on yourself then you can do it on anyone.