Redistribute Tricophytic scar hairs

Hi all

This may sound a stupid question but are you able to extract the hairs via fue that cover the donor scar.

The reason I ask is when I have my hair at a short grade you can clearly see the dark hairs over the scar which are at a different angle to the rest of the hair.

I thought by removing them via fue and replacing at the correct angle may be a good idea?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

I don't see why it could not be done. It's perfectly plausible. At worst the hairs would be transected which would eliminate the incorrect angle problem anyway.

Cheers Mickey. I may ask Hakan Doganay to see if he can sort

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

?..you can clearly see the dark hairs over the scar which are at a different angle to the rest of the hair.

Thank you for posting this, because from my point of view, you are one of the first to remind people that hairs growing through trico scars, are unnatural and wierd and don't work as advertised. Dr. Lindsay was posting about trico scars recently, and no one seemed to put it out there strongly that this happens.

As for removing them, you can expect some casualties because hairs pulled out of scar tissue are more difficult to extract - at least that is what the reps and docs have told me more than once, albeit that they have their own agenda too.

I agree with scar5. There can be some collateral damage removing the mis-angled hair within the scar.

The problem is the beveling of one side of the scalp. Some docs know how to do this very well, others do not or are new at performing this type of closure. Some do not bevel one side at all which will ultimately result of many mis-angling hairs trying to break through the surface or they grow deeper underneath. That can cause a fair amount if irritation and itching as well.

You want to get this examined in person if at all possible. You might hear a surgeon recommend to revise the scar and start over. It may be a better option to remove the scar tissue and mis-angled hair, let it heal and later add FUE grafts at the appropriate angles.

But you need adequate scalp laxity to accommodate the revision. So you want someone skilled at both FUE and strip.

Not everyone is a candidate for tryco but either way, the ultimate end is a thin scar and maybe one that you won't need to add FUE to if you are fortunate and in the right hands.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

you are one of the first to remind people that hairs growing through trico scars, are unnatural and wierd and don't work as advertised.
This could be a whole separate post. I didnt know this can sometimes happen.

It happens more than you might think. It is the foremost complaint post-op of those who have complications from the tryco method.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

This could be a whole separate post. I didnt know this can sometimes happen.

It has been listed in my pros/cons thread for quite some time.

Like a few others stated, I feel like this would be an attempt to extract hairs growing through the trichophytic closure, and I really feel like it would cause more harm than good. I think either completely extracting the scar (via a second FUSS process) and closing without the trichophytic technique or camouflaging the misaligned hairs with FUE or SMP may be a more popular option.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks all.

Total 5134 grafts.