3 and 4 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

OtherSyde

OK, for background info and more detailed pics check my previous couple of threads leading up to this one:

RIGHT NOW-Another Live Post From Dr. Gabel's Office

One Day Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

First Stages Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

Ok, now down the the updates. Nothing HUGE yet because I'm only at month 4, but definitely some progress...

This is Month 3, pics I snapped about a month ago:

07JUNE2013-WetFront_zps605484ae.jpg

07JUNE2013-WetRight_zpsae3fa7f8.jpg

07JUNE2013-WetLeft_zps5be62681.jpg

Not too hot, I know. Now granted, the above 3-Month pics look crappier because of my hair being wet, but it's still pretty obvious to see that no new hair has started to grow whatsoever. Really scanty, hard to style.

Now, the 4-Month pics from today...

31JULY2013-Front_zpsa2af173d.jpg

31JULY2013-RightSide_zps645c1ba5.jpg

31JULY2013-LeftSide_zpsc1ce9ae7.jpg

My hair is dry in these, but the hairline is obviously starting to come in now - and for only being at 4 months it's looking promising. Someone (one of the big names on these forums) made a rough-estimate time/percentage progress chart in a thread a while back, and I think only about 25% of the new hair is usually grown by the 4-month mark or something like that (can someone link that thread if you know what I'm talking about..?); Can't wait till the 6 and 8-month marks!

Just for perspective, here is where I was five years ago in 2008; Without a couple of good HT's, I would be one very bald man right now...

2008-Hairline-Front_zpsaca38b89.jpg

2008-Hairline-Right_zps7c5f87eb.jpg

Well that's it for the moment, but I'm just entering the fun stages, so stay tuned for further updates! Peace!

P.S. - Aside from realizing my hair is starting to look a lot better, I just finished my Bachelors two days ago... Hoo-rah!!

Congrats on both your hair and your BA! Man, your hair has come a long way! I'm thrilled for you. Looking forward to your further updates!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the positivity everybody!

looks great!! im at month 3 and nothing going on, hoping to be where ur at by next month!

Oh man, the 2 and 3 month marks are the worst, but once you hit the 4-5 month range, it starts picking up fast! You're about to enter the fast lane too man, any day now :)

[EDIT] - I found that thread with the timeline; it was the one called Hair Transplant basics, by Mickey85. Obvious; I should have looked there first, lol. This is what Mickey reports:

After about 3 months some grafts will become present and growth should blossom shortly after that. Here is a basic idea of the timeline of growth:

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

I remembered the 25% at 4 Months bit, at least! Anyway, things should be getting a lot more fun in short order!

Edited by OtherSyde

OtherSyde-

Really happy for you buddy. Already looking terrific at 4 months. I had a lot of growth at 4 months, and then month 5-6 was probably one of my biggest (just as the "timeline" above would suggest). Congrats on your recent degree.....I'd say a new head of hair may just be the best graduation gift you'll ever give yourself! You wouldn't hope that a prospective employer would select an employee based on looks, but studies indicate that looks have a huge part in landing a job. I'd say you're on track with your result so far to keep yourself from being eliminated from the applicant pool when you're ready to land that job! ;)

Congrats again, and thanks for the update! Can't wait to see next months photos, cause it just keeps getting better from here......

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Woop woop! I enjoyed reading your first round experience and writing style, and now I get to watch this one unfold real time. Best of luck!

Also, I've included a highly advanced projected render of your final results.

product_1046_1.jpg

=D

Woop woop! I enjoyed reading your first round experience and writing style, and now I get to watch this one unfold real time. Best of luck!

Also, I've included a highly advanced projected render of your final results.

product_1046_1.jpg

=D

Haha a truly detailed manifestation of the Tin Tin flip! Soon to be in its evolved form, too! Thanks for the props!

• 3 weeks later...

In your 5th and 6th pic in first post, where you hair is spiked a bit, it's almost scary because the profile pic looks very similar to mine lol

You've come a long way my friend in rebuilding what you've lost, I too share that similarity as well. I hope for you and I both, our recent hair transplants take us to a whole new level.

I'm in for the ride...

Thanks everyone... Since my second HT was on March 27th 2013, I actually hit the 5-month mark two days ago as of this posting, but nothing particularly significant has happened that I can see. I mean it's steadily improved, but nothing mind-blowing or highly contrasting versus my 4-month pics. I will post pics again in 28 days or so, at my 6-month mark, and I'm sure there will be significant progress by then! Cheers!

Looking good othersyde,

I think this will be the icing on the cake with yr round 2. Dr gabel work has always been top notch. I truly see this being a home run:cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014