Shapiro vs True

I have hear many good things about both Dr. Robert True and Dr. Ron Shapiro; can anyone offer any insights as to pros and cons between the two? They both seem extremely skilled; does one or the other have specific strengths that would lead one to choose between them? I do think Dr. Shapiro has better pricing; is there any reason I should pay more and see Dr. True? Also, between Ron and Paul, is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Thank you!!!

I think both are great. I also think both Shapiro brothers do equal work. If it were my head, I would go with Dr. Ron Shapiro but if you went with Paul, you would also be in good hands. Both the True and Dorin clinic and Shapiro clinic are just about equally conservative. If your looking for that type of approach, both will give you that.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have hear many good things about both Dr. Robert True and Dr. Ron Shapiro; can anyone offer any insights as to pros and cons between the two? They both seem extremely skilled; does one or the other have specific strengths that would lead one to choose between them? I do think Dr. Shapiro has better pricing; is there any reason I should pay more and see Dr. True? Also, between Ron and Paul, is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Thank you!!!

If Doctor Robert True that you have referred to is the doctor that used to have a practice under the name of Elliot and True, then I have been his patient in the past. I had a FUT HT procedure done by him in the year 2000 in Northern California. He had suggested 550 grafts would be enough for decent coverage. A year and half after the surgery, I did not notice any noticeable improvement. I called this doctors office and complained about the lack of results. Their sales guy asked me to pose this question to the doctor...."I paid the money. Where is my hair"

I was told that another doctor (Dr. Calder) would perfom another procedure on me. They offered to waive the charges this time. I got another 450 grafts. BUT during this process, I ended up getting cut twice and my scalp area got reduced big time. Even after the second procedure, I was not a happy camper.

A couple of weeks ago, after 10 YEARS, I got a call from Dr. True's office in Southern California asking me if I wanted to come in for a followup visit. I thought that was bizzare......call for a followup visit after a decade. I guess they had started calling on some old database (my cell phone # has not changed). Long story short, I didn't want to go through the whole nightmare again. I had already scheduled a FUE procedure with Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh, India. Just got done a few days ago. Happy so far. Bad news was that the Doctor was not able to harvest enough donor hairs because the two previous two FUT procedures by Elliot and True and reduced my scalp area......I wish I had not gone with Elliot and True in the first place......(this is just my personal opinion)

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I think both are great clinics, but I would book with SMG if I had to choose.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

California,

Dr. Robert True of True and Dorin is the same Dr. True from Elliot and True. While I certainly don't want to dismiss your experience, what I can tell you is that Dr. Robert True has developed a stellar online reputation for producing world class results on par with other leading hair restoration surgeons in the world. Dr. True's association with Dr. Elliot ended a long time ago and hair transplantation in general has significantly evolved since then. Dr. True has stayed on the cutting edge and offers world renowned hair transplantation at his clinic in NYC.

HairToday54,

Both physicians are excellent and I'd trust my scalp to either one of them.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

California,

Dr. Robert True of True and Dorin is the same Dr. True from Elliot and True. While I certainly don't want to dismiss your experience, what I can tell you is that Dr. Robert True has developed a stellar online reputation for producing world class results on par with other leading hair restoration surgeons in the world. Dr. True's association with Dr. Elliot ended a long time ago and hair transplantation in general has significantly evolved since then. Dr. True has stayed on the cutting edge and offers world renowned hair transplantation at his clinic in NYC.

HairToday54,

Both physicians are excellent and I'd trust my scalp to either one of them.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill. Makes sense. As I mentioned in my previous post, it has been 10 years since I got my FUT HT done by Dr. True. A lot has changed since then.

Thanks

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.