Concerned on my level of growth post transplant

Dear All,

I have had a failed transplant before so am a little paranoid second time round though I did (or think I did) do my research 2nd time round.

Here are 3 pictures for me - before surgery, at the 3 month mark and now at the 8 month mark. This was a strip surgery for 3800 grafts.

Clearly I do have more hair but not sure if that represents the 3800 grafts that were said to be implanted in the front and mid of my scalp. The bald area at the back was not touched due to a lack of grafts in this surgery session. My hair per follicle count is not good - it's at the lower extreme of the range and was pointed out to me prior to surgery.

Grateful for your thoughts if this is decent progress and if I can trouble for a ball-park idea of how much progress is expected between month 8 and 12 i.e. 25% improvement, 35% etc. I am currently on Minoxidil 5% and MSM 3000mg per day.

Many Thanks

5b32d96304f9a_PreSurgeryWithHairParted.jpg.bcae3dd78a71d6512a2d839d52b6ff77.jpg

5b32d96318130_3MonthsPostSurgeryWithHairParted.jpg.cb2d203c615b6a1fc5694b5712a2892f.jpg

5b32d9632c77f_8monthsPostSurgerywithHairParted.jpg.0951a2b1b0b849f4934068c533474fdb.jpg

I think that looks about right for 3800 grafts and looks good. I would say you have about 25% or so improvement to come between some added growth and maturation.

Congrats!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dear All,

I have had a failed transplant before so am a little paranoid second time round though I did (or think I did) do my research 2nd time round.

Here are 3 pictures for me - before surgery, at the 3 month mark and now at the 8 month mark. This was a strip surgery for 3800 grafts.

Clearly I do have more hair but not sure if that represents the 3800 grafts that were said to be implanted in the front and mid of my scalp. The bald area at the back was not touched due to a lack of grafts in this surgery session. My hair per follicle count is not good - it's at the lower extreme of the range and was pointed out to me prior to surgery.

Grateful for your thoughts if this is decent progress and if I can trouble for a ball-park idea of how much progress is expected between month 8 and 12 i.e. 25% improvement, 35% etc. I am currently on Minoxidil 5% and MSM 3000mg per day.

Many Thanks

I recall seeing your photos a few months ago.

It looks about right to me based on half your head covered and a low hair per graft count.

Not sure how much more growth to expect but I would think it is not more than 25%.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Clanvin-

How do you feel about the results? Are you pleased?? How many grafts do you have available for future procedures?? You had a lot of area to cover for a full restoration......so hopefully with future procedures you can get to the result you're hoping to achieve. All in all though, those grafts did great for you. Congrats......hoping you get a bit more growth in the next year, however from this point forward you're most likely looking at just a change in density and texture!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

You did get a nice result. I'll bet that from a frontal point of view, things look great. You may see a few 'sprouts' over the next few months...but, to echo the previous posters, you'll mostly notice an improvement in texture.

Any particular reason you're not on Finasteride? My crown was deteriorating (to the point where I'd need it filled in via HT), but 15+ months on Finasteride has reduced the thinning area to the size of a nickel. I've found the side effects quite manageable....not to mention that the generic is cheap as can be.