Hats after FUE

Hi folks,

Need some help, I'm having 2000 grafts with Doganay in October - I have the procedure on the Tuesday and fly back on the Thursday, Would a snap-back cap be OK to wear, I would imagine it will look pretty raw 2 days after and getting on a plane etc could be pretty embarrassing as ill have a connection and long wait as well. If not a cap does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers

An adjustable baseball style cap usually works well. You want to be able to loosen or tighten if necessary. You don't want to wear something like a beanie hat as its elastic and can pull on the grafts.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

In my opinion the best way to think on a graft is like a cut and the scab you get healing over it like on your hand or anywhere else... The first few days its easy to open and to pull off after that its much harder . I had a loose fitting hat 2 days after my 1500 fue on a 5 hour train journey and i had to remove and spray in the toilet every half hour to hour and lost not one, If your cautious and sensitive theres little chance of pulling out a graft ,but it cannot be tight fitting, very very loose.

Dr Glen Charles, thank you for taking your time to post on here, I see you post quite frequently to members concerns more so than any other Doc :) It is always nice to have a Docs opinion.