Dr. Koray Erdogan' visit!

Denny

Thank you for the nice words Agent and James! I hope this small questionnaire can help other members.

James, I must confess I did not ask Erdogan the reason he does not recommend Minoxidil but it seems he does not believe Minoxidil makes any difference. But since you brought this question I will more than glad to revert it to him. Let is wait until we have more other questions and then I will send him all at once.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denny,

Thanks for your response. I get the impression that Dr. Erdogan hasn't received any of my emails because he never replied to any of my emails. Ironically, I did receive an email from him first months ago regarding his interest in potential recommendation. Thus, I was surprised when I never heard back.

I did just send him another email yesterday. However, since you are regularly in touch wtih him, I encourage you to ask him to check his email to see if he received any of my emails. If not, please ask him to check his "junk" or "spam" mail as it may have inadvertently got stuck in there. Also, please invite him email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

I look forward to learning more about him and his technique in the coming weeks.

Best wishes,

Bill

denny,

thanks for your response. I get the impression that dr. Erdogan hasn't received any of my emails because he never replied to any of my emails. Ironically, i did receive an email from him first months ago regarding his interest in potential recommendation. Thus, i was surprised when i never heard back.

I did just send him another email yesterday. However, since you are regularly in touch wtih him, i encourage you to ask him to check his email to see if he received any of my emails. If not, please ask him to check his "junk" or "spam" mail as it may have inadvertently got stuck in there. Also, please invite him email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

I look forward to learning more about him and his technique in the coming weeks.

Best wishes,

bill

:P:);)

Hi Bill, let's make Mickey happy! ;-).

Thank you very much for sending him another message, I believe many of us want to see Dr. Erdogan recommended here! I will certainly talk to him today (max tomorrow) and I am sure he will revert to you as soon as possible. I will keep you posted!

Edited by Denny

I agree, Dr Koray is hard to get hold of by email, i have sent him a few in the past and heard nothing back:confused: I ended up calling him, but only had chance to speak to the front desk.

He promised me this communication problem will be history once he moves to the new clinic. After meeting him in person I must say I trust him! Otherwise, I wouldn't give my head to him! ;-)

Great interview and questions Denny also very honest answers from Dr. Koray. He should be recommended for real as Dr. Lorenzo cant stop praising him, his one step FUE and special technician Delek. I met him on July 1 for post SMP check up. Everything went well, I also saw the archirctural drawings of the new clinic. Its very impressive indeed.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thank you Hariri! I hope your SMP check up went well and I wish you all the best for your next step in Turkey! ;-)

Does anyone know the post op FUE instructions for Dr Erdogan . When can shampooing start and whether any special shampoos or topicals have to be used etc afterwards and for how long?

Oz48, I am gonna have my procedure only in September and I believe I am his first patient on this forum. Are you asking cause you had a HT?

No I haven't , but am considering having a procedure with Dr Koray or Dr De Reys maybe later this year and would like to find out as much as I possibly can beforehand about the whole process and how difficult the post op instructions will be to follow.

Great Oz48! I am going with Dr. Erdogan in September as I told you. I also met Dr. De Reyes in Belgiun (Bisanga ans Mwamba too). If you need any extra information about these doctors, feel free to send me a pm. Good luck!

Hey Denny,

Found the thread. Thanks for the detailed post. Very useful info for many of us.

Your question re: reimbursement of travel costs, is that a yes or no, and if so, what portion of travel costs are reimbursed?

Also, where can i learn more about his one step process.

And do you think he is steadfast about the bank transfer/credit card accruing 18-20% tax? I can't imagine people carrying cash of more than $10k around.

Also, how did the political situation seem? I'm thinking of going nov./dec. possibly... thoughts?

Hey Denny,

Found the thread. Thanks for the detailed post. Very useful info for many of us.

Your question re: reimbursement of travel costs, is that a yes or no, and if so, what portion of travel costs are reimbursed?

Also, where can i learn more about his one step process.

And do you think he is steadfast about the bank transfer/credit card accruing 18-20% tax? I can't imagine people carrying cash of more than $10k around.

Also, how did the political situation seem? I'm thinking of going nov./dec. possibly... thoughts?

I think Denny may answers it better but as far what I know is that one step FUE is handle and forceps at the same time in a sequential manner when it comes to donor extraction which really saves time. Motorized FUE is one step so this one is one step as well but Manual so it saves time and gives better results according to Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Lorenzo observations.

About travel reimbursement, I don't have any idea about it as they dont even offer free accommodation, so actually it will be very pleasing to hear if they do that.

When it comes to cash, Turkish surgeons are all the same from Hakan to Erdogan, they will add 20% TAX (8% + 12%) if you pay by credit card or bank transfer and they really cant play with this law. Only way to avoid it is to pay in cash or PAYPAL. I mean it really worth as 20% is not that easy.

Political situation is very very normal. I was there last week and everything under control. Just try to stay away from Taksim square. From airport to asian side Karikoy (you can take a ferry from the harpour and this is it). You do not need to go all the way to business district up north and cross the bridge. Asain side of Istanbul where Bagdat Avenue located is super safe. You got my word about that. Its the western media that over exaggerate things in Middle East. I believe what happened in New York was worser than Istanbul. I witnessed both actually.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Wow, Hariri, thank you very much! I couldn't answer better than that! ;-). We are both enthusiastic about Dr. Erdogan, so we have benn "watching" closely. The one step extraction is exactly what you described. I have a video where you can see the one step extraction. If you want to see this video, send your e-mail to me.

In order to keep the good prices, Dr. Erdogan does not reimburse travel costs. The new clinic will have rooms for patients, but I do not know how it will work.

I have been to Istanbul recently and must say everything looks good so far. As Hariri said, the best way (and cheapest) to go to the Asien side is taking the ferry. The trip takes approximately 45 minutes and is very beautiful. If you take a taxi from the airport to the clinic it will cost you about TRY 110,00 (USD 56,50). If you take the ferry, it will cost you, in total: (i) taxi to the ferry - TRY 20,00 (USD 11,00); (ii) ferry - TRY 7,50 (USD 4,00); and (iii) taxi to the clinic - TRY 15,00 (USD 8,00). Taking the ferry is a good way to save some money and avoid the intense traffic in Istanbul.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, just posted some cases from Dr. Erdogan. Take a look and make your comments! I am (still) impressed!

please don't misunderstand me, i am from Israel and or Dr Erodgan I read that he was trained by a doctor in Israel called Alex Gizburg and he is not a pioneer here in Israel in either FUE or FUT as many bad results were emerged from his surgeries. SO if his mentor is Dr. Alex from Israel it might be a concern for me as he is not world class surgeon.

So because Gizburg is not a world class surgeon does that automatically render Erdogan an average(or lower) surgeon by default? You make absolutely zero sense. Many surgeons are taught by other doctors and supersede them in talent, skill, ethics etc. That is IF Erdogan was trained by Dr Gizburg, which you just read somewhere. Bisanga and Mwamba were trained by an average surgeon and they both are among the world's best. Erdogan's results should do the talking.

Edited by Mickey85

So because Gizburg is not a world class surgeon does that automatically render Erdogan an average(or lower) surgeon by default? You make absolutely zero sense. Many surgeons are taught by other doctors and supersede them in talent, skill, ethics etc. That is IF Erdogan was trained by Dr Gizburg, which you just read somewhere. Bisanga and Mwamba were trained by an average surgeon and they both not are among the world's best. Erdogan's results should do the talking.

well its written on his website that he got trained in FUE by Dr. Alex Ginzburg, who does not have any great success rate here in Israel. I am just saying that his mentor is not a world class surgeon

Hi darkmanhyk, no problem at all in asking if Dr. Erdogan was trained by Dr. Gizburg. I think it is important to make clear that Dr. Erdogan attended the workshop ''Recent Applications in FUE and Single Strip Technique'' presented by Dr. Gizburg in 2004. Dr. Erdogan was not trained by Dr. Gizburg and they both have totally different techniques. I am not familiar with Dr. Gizburg's work so I am not able to give my opinion about his work/results.

I hope Dr. Erdogan gets recommended here. His results look really great. It would be good that the site "has our back" if we are traveling to Turkey for a procedure. I think some people could be a bit unsure about having any leverage regarding "less than optimal results" out there. A Dr. Erdogan recommendation would help sooth those worries.

Turkey is moving up fast in the HT world it seems.

mickey, wasnt dr bisanga trained by dr lorenzo? or maybe he wasnt trained by dr lorenzo but im pretty sure dr bisanga worked with dr lorenzo. does dr lorenzo use same one step manual extraction as dr erdogan?

i know dr bisanga does manul punches but then leaves grafts in place until recipient sites are done and only then are the grafts taken out. it was explained to me that this allows grafts to be out of body for shorter amount of time.