I had HT by Doctor Hakan Doganay

mendiz

I think in most cases people stop posting when things are going well and they are moving on with life

As someone mentioned above those with concerns or complaints about their results are more likely to post

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am a patient of hakan doganay and I haven't vanished,but there's nothing to post,I am waiting on 10 month result to post,I am disappointed so far,and will be going back to Antalya for round 2.And I believe Dr.Hakan will get it right this time,because it will be my last.Probably no one is posting because nothing spectacular has happened.I will post on the 20th of july

Sorry I am a patient of hakan doganay and I haven't vanished,but there's nothing to post,I am waiting on 10 month result to post,I am disappointed so far,and will be going back to Antalya for round 2.And I believe Dr.Hakan will get it right this time,because it will be my last.Probably no one is posting because nothing spectacular has happened.I will post on the 20th of july

I suppose there are cases where returning to a surgeon who failed you the first time is warranted but can I ask why you're not going to another doctor?

I'm real sorry to hear your progress has not been satisfactory... How many months post-operative are you now? Hopefully you only need a minor touch up.

I see that you're on Propecia, were you advised to come off it by Dr Doganay? He advised another board member to come off of it before the surgery and I was just wondering if he said the same.

Why would a Dr. have someone stop Propecia before the HT? Whats the strategy there?

Thanks.

I suppose there are cases where returning to a surgeon who failed you the first time is warranted but can I ask why you're not going to another doctor?

My ht isn't a complete failure,I'm just disappointed I didn't get 100% yield instead of 60%.I have a summer house in Rhodes Greece,which is close to Antalya.Ht doctors do not hit home runs all the time,or else you would have 200 results daily worldwide.I went from nothing to something,now we will try to add with beard hairs some more.

I'm real sorry to hear your progress has not been satisfactory... How many months post-operative are you now? Hopefully you only need a minor touch up.

probably around 2500 to 3000 grafts,i will get as many bhr as possible,and donor whats possible.they will fill the vertex and give more density to the hairline.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you will be satisfied this time around.

I think your results are probably more common than the home run results.

yup I'm more the norm than the exception.

Precisely. The majority of results online we see are the 'home run' and showcase results.

There are a ton of below par results out there. The 60-70 % yield.

I believe this is far more common than reflected online.

These results don't make it on in the same numbers.

People don't want to post about a failed HT. they also don't want to alienate a clinic with bad PR that they need a repair from.

That's life and that's the murky world of hair transplants !!

Precisely. The majority of results online we see are the 'home run' and showcase results.

There are a ton of below par results out there. The 60-70 % yield.

I believe this is far more common than reflected online.

These results don't make it on in the same numbers.

People don't want to post about a failed HT. they also don't want to alienate a clinic with bad PR that they need a repair from.

That's life and that's the murky world of hair transplants !!

This is sadly the truth. Part of the reason I have become so disenchanted by the industry. The things some people have told me in private about clinics... I'll just leave it at that.

what's with all the trashing of HT's in general recently?

before ever going in you have to (1) determine if one is even a good candidate or not to begin with, (2) consider all of the potential risks involved including future hairloss and the worst case of grafts not growing, and (3) how to best choose a surgeon/clinic to minimize those risks

even for advanced norwood cases there are enough positive results posted here and satisfied patients that make it a regret-free solution for many

as I mentioned in another thread, hair restoration is not for everyone

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

what's with all the trashing of HT's in general recently?

before ever going in you have to (1) determine if one is even a good candidate or not to begin with, (2) consider all of the potential risks involved including future hairloss and the worst case of grafts not growing, and (3) how to best choose a surgeon/clinic to minimize those risks

even for advanced norwood cases there are enough positive results posted here and satisfied patients that make it a regret-free solution for many

as I mentioned in another thread, hair restoration is not for everyone

Yes,yes,I know there are positive results,no one is arguing that,I'm just saying those are the exceptions,not the rule,and that's fine.I believe dr's are a little to gung-ho to sign up clients,instead of presenting the fact that they may not get desired or stated results.

Xkos48,

First of all I am sorry you are disappointed with your results, and I hope you see new growth in the months ahead! As a fellow hairloss sufferer I'm definitely on your side.

I just don't agree that good results are the exception when it comes to HRN top docs, I've been a member here for nearly four years and I'm not seeing any conspiracy to hide poor results or alter the truth.

I would only ever consider going to a very short list of doctors and I've tried to say that in as many posts as possible.

I'd say more but I don't want my comments to sound as they're directed at you, because they're not (will muffle myself on some of my stronger opinions).

Again hang in there man and keep the forum updated on your progress!

go dense or go home

xkos48,

first of all i am sorry you are disappointed with your results, and i hope you see new growth in the months ahead! As a fellow hairloss sufferer i'm definitely on your side.

I just don't agree that good results are the exception when it comes to hrn top docs, i've been a member here for nearly four years and i'm not seeing any conspiracy to hide poor results or alter the truth.

I would only ever consider going to a very short list of doctors and i've tried to say that in as many posts as possible.

I'd say more but i don't want my comments to sound as they're directed at you, because they're not (will muffle myself on some of my stronger opinions).

Again hang in there man and keep the forum updated on your progress!

thanks sport.

• 1 month later...

Guys, just to inform you all. The guy who posts responses from the account of Dr. Hakan is not the doctor but some agent. Dr Hakan does not speak a word of english.

The agent seems to be uploading pictures of successful HT. This information is not uploaded by the patient but a third party. Be very careful.