Next day Exam

emma3

I am trying to choose between two doctors for a transplant, both seem very good. The only difference between the two is that with one you have to come back the next day after the transplant and the other one doesn't require you to come back for 10 days, to have the stitches taken out then. I'm wondering if either way is okay, or if its important to be seen the next day.

I think a next day follow up is pretty standard and a good idea. Stiches usually come out in 10-14 days.

Who are the docs that you are trying to decide between?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think most want to see you the next day, but not all, if you aren't having trouble.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I dont know much about either but at least Dr. Q is a recommended doc on here.

Also, there are much better docs in NY so I suggest you keep consulting with those docs such as True and Dorin, Feller, Wesley, and Beehner

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Dr. Beehner is in upstate NY and Feller in great neck. The others are in NYC. I strongly suggest you dont pick a doc on the basis of location primarily. Dr. Q may be very good. I just dont know much about him.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Hi Emma,

While the next day exam is pretty standard and usually involves an inspection, a gentle wash, and some further post-operative advice, some physicians may allow you to skip it. This may be especially true if you're a local patient and can stop by within the week if anything goes wrong. Remember that all physicians have unique post-operative instructions, and the important thing is following these as closely as possible.

Dr. Q is great and recommended by our community. However, if you are interested in undergoing multiple consultations, here is a list of our recommended physicians in New York. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Good luck!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Based on my experience and my results at 10 months I'd recommend Dr. Feller all day long.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon