New videos by Dr. Feller

Trippy,

Those are some good questions. I'll make a video addressing them as others have the same questions.

In short, if you have the donor area then I ABSOLUTELY would go right through your mohawk AS IF it wasn't there. The way you describe it the mohawk hair MAY be on it's way out, so I can't rely on it. So we won't. We'll pack the 3000 grafts, if we get them, into the frontal third, and if we're lucky and can get a few hundred more we'll go for it and go a bit further back. Work from front to back, that's how I had my scalp rebuilt and it worked very well.

I'll see you for consultation. Remind me of your screen name when you visit. Maybe we'll make a video together. I'll hide your face if you wish. But don't worry, if you don't want to video it, that's fine. It's just nice to share the complete story and restoration on video as that has been rarely done and it makes it quite interesting. We'll talk during your consultation.

Dr. Feller

thank you for the quick reply. I'm definitely looking forward to the consultation. I would also gladly participate in a video but I can't show my face hahaha. I just can't risk all these judgmental so called friends of mine finding out i had a hair transplant

• 2 weeks later...

Twenty years ago NOBODY discussed their hair transplant. Even with their family.If the main door to the clinic opened during consultation (as indicated by a loud beep so the secretary knew someone was coming in) the patient dove under the table.

Ten years ago it was accepted within the family and close friends.And when the main door to the clinic opened there was really no reaction on the part of the patient during consultation.

Today getting an HT is seen as a badge of honor. A "can do attitude" to simply fix something that has "worn" out. When the clinic door opens the patient in consultation usually has no problem commiserating with that person and supporting each other. This is probably due to the effect these online forums have had on people in general who now know they are far from being alone or being vain.

You see, hair loss is not a weakness nor is it your "fault". It's just something that happens in life that usually can be dealt with. No different than near sightedness or being overweight. A problem that is "fixable".

Such is the evolution of hair transplantation.

Dr. Feller

that's a pretty funny image of some guy diving under a table. I don't think hairloss is my fault. The only thing i see as my fault is not hopping on propecia sooner. Oh well. One day i will open up to my friends about my hair transplant. Maybe when their heads of hair are worse than mine. Anyways, Dr. Feller I am coming in for our consultation on the 26th. Thank you and Spex for the advice it honestly does mean a lot to me.

Today getting an HT is seen as a badge of honor. A "can do attitude" .......

You see, hair loss is not a weakness......

Such is the evolution of hair transplantation.

Dr. Feller

I enjoy reading this and I treasure Dr. Feller's direct contribution (ok, treasure is a bit rich, but you know what I mean) and love the vids.

...but I disagree.. Badge of honor it may well be, but it is a weapon too, a weapon anyone can use against you at any time, in fact, it is like a nuclear missile sitting in a bunker of your antagonist, probably unlikely to come out, but there all the same. Human beings compete, there is no stopping it.

Having an HT shows can do, but it shows can't do too....

Hairloss is a weakness because it weakens you, but on the other hand, dealing with it 'like a man' is the common metaphor that folks relate too. Having the balls to do an HT isn't very mass-marketable, well at least as much as the man-up story. When people try to pre-empt the inevitable backlash by posting it up on twitter etc., they only confirm the negative prejudice associated with is expensive and risky exercise in vanity and perceived ' self absorption'

The baldy next you always looks stronger than the Ht guy. The key is not be the ht guy, o don't tell the tale unless you are ready for the ht to be part of your identity. Not the original plan, I dare say.

scar5, I have had a few antagonists in my life as well. In fact, said antagonist was the one to mockingly point out my thinning crown. He is now on his way to being completely bald. It must blow his mind that my hair seems to have gotten thicker over the years and his has disappeared. I only tell people about my HT if I can see they are in need and truly seeking a solution themselves.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Feller states:

After that it's FUE time for me.

I'll do a separate video on that.

I am very interested in that video, Dr. Feller. Personally, I won't consider strip, but then I don't think I'll ever reach a Norwood 3 or higher, so I understand others who do go this route.

Also curious who you would choose as your FUE surgeon. ^^

Shampoo,

I would give the scalp a minimum of 8 months before round two, but optimally a year and a half. By then the recipient area is revascularized and the donor area is stable. If Dr. W plans to work in a completely untouched area then you can cut that time down considerably.

Dr Feller, it seems curious that here you recommend a wait of at least 8 months between operations, but here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161553-am-i-one-unlucky-few-4-years-post-strip-dr-feller-2.html you claimed :

"I told him what he wanted was fine in terms of hairline height, but that he would not be sufficiently thick due to thin caliber hair and overall available grafts. He said he completely understood this but would "rather have a thin lower hairline than a thick higher one", and that he would come back in 6 months to fill it in to achieve the density I recommended.

He also wanted to do his temples as well, but I advised him there wouldn't be enough grafts for such an ambitious plan on the second procedure. So we agreed to do the aggressive surgery now and then for him return in 6 months for a fill in and temple work. This is a perfectly reasonable plan, but unfortunately LondonHT never returned. "

Hmm.

Dr Feller, it seems curious that here you recommend a wait of at least 8 months between operations, but here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161553-am-i-one-unlucky-few-4-years-post-strip-dr-feller-2.html you claimed :

"I told him what he wanted was fine in terms of hairline height, but that he would not be sufficiently thick due to thin caliber hair and overall available grafts. He said he completely understood this but would "rather have a thin lower hairline than a thick higher one", and that he would come back in 6 months to fill it in to achieve the density I recommended.

He also wanted to do his temples as well, but I advised him there wouldn't be enough grafts for such an ambitious plan on the second procedure. So we agreed to do the aggressive surgery now and then for him return in 6 months for a fill in and temple work. This is a perfectly reasonable plan, but unfortunately LondonHT never returned. "

Hmm.

Interesting...

Cheer up London,

At least you have a nice strip scar. ( You didn't listen to "the hype')

Seriously, if you are feeling pissed about the apparently contradictory remarks given to you by ht doctors then you are not alone...and you know that already...but I think your comments are valuable because it is important for everyone to know doctors change their opinion,and personally, I don't think that it is a bad thing. Worse, is the doc that hedges so carefully around the critical issues you end up none the wiser.

I think a minimum of research will tell you that a scar takes 12 months to heal and even longer to settle down in color. But nobody can wait the time for it to completely settle down. In my day (senior moment warning) they just cut a new scar at a different place. At least we got more scars that way!! So I had three procedures with 18 months. My doc changed his philosophy regularly and my jaw dropped to the ground each time I heard him say something completely contradictory to what he had previously been the 'gospel' I don't think he even noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr, Feller will you be doing any more videos?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 6 months later...

Guess I touched a nerve. :rolleyes:

scar5 said: "I think your comments are valuable because it is important for everyone to know doctors change their opinion"

That's a charitable interpretation of the reason for the above contradictory statements by Dr Feller. I had, and still have, a rather different theory. But it's all in the past now. ;)