What can FUE do? Various Norwood ratings, repairs, eyebrows, crowns etc

What can FUE do??

This thread is designed to show off FUE's incredible versatility and advantages over FUT and scalp tattooing. There are many misconceptions that FUE cannot or should not be used for higher Norwood patterns which is untrue. It excels in hairline work where the ability to 'cherry pick' finer caliber single-hair grafts are needed to replicate nature but it can certainly be used to transplant 6,000 grafts onto a Norwood 5. The ability to extract hair from the body has also lead to more natural looking results where very fine hair is needed(eyebrows, temples etc). FUE is also an avenue for those who are unhappy with their FUT scars and do not want to risk a revision and the premise of scalp tattooing is not for them. I will continue to build on examples of unique cases where FUE is utilized with great success.

Norwood 1:

836 grafts

SSKtAGMl.png

Work of Dr Feriduni. Click to view profile

1,441 grafts

n05HAhsl.png

Norwood 2:

1,906 grafts

dFFvORgl.png

2,360 grafts

Er94Auzl.png

Norwood 3:

2,154 grafts

aJxaoCsl.png

2,067 grafts

NMGLmanl.png

2,543 grafts

6EDPvK5l.png

Work of Dr Bisanga. Click to view profile

Norwood 4:

2,533 grafts

QfVisyol.png

2,701 grafts

fstNEN3l.png

Work of Dr Lorenzo. Click to view profile

Norwood 5:

5,035 grafts

3NTcJnzl.png

2,600 grafts

skGW72al.png

Norwood 6:

3,939 grafts

1263IJzl.png

6,381 grafts

hy0ZVWcl.png

Crown:

1,499 grafts

ydeeK4tl.png

Scar repair:

278 grafts to conceal strip scar

ANirllml.png

1,200 grafts to conceal strip scars:

YXkDYKpl.png

Work of Dr Umar. Click to view profile

More natural hairlines and temples:

Same patient, same surgeon. FUT in the top photo and then FUE in the bottom. You decide which looks more natural

S6XBGPMl.png

Eyebrows:

Nape hair and hair from the legs often are more suitable for replicating thin caliber eyebrows

YmvDfKcl.png

More examples to be added in time.

For the advantages and disadvantages of FUE. Click here.

For a more indepth look at the tools, methods and surgeons behind FUE, click here

For newcomers to hair transplantion, click here

Edited by Mickey85

This is a very good idea to show what FUE can do.

The doctor I went to (Dr Villnow) offers both types of transplant and I turned down an FUT strip operation to go for FUE even though I'm Norwood 6:

04%20PreOp%20Rear.png

This is five months after the operation now:

03%20PostOp%20Five%20Months%20Rear.png

This was all FUE. Here's my journal in full with all the photos:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170774-4200-fue-dr-villnow-800-body-hair.html

Mickey,

Nice edition to your FUE series! I find some of the new FUE eyebrow work with thin caliber body hairs fascinating. I really like the results, and glad you found an excellent one to share from Dr. Umar.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys! I will be adding a section for shaven down FUE donors too because ALOT of people are curious as to what kind of scarring occurs. Thanks again guys and feel free to add any suggestions.

What can FUE do??

This thread is designed to show off FUE's incredible versatility and advantages over FUT and scalp tattooing. There are many misconceptions that FUE cannot or should not be used for higher Norwood patterns which is untrue. It excels in hairline work where the ability to 'cherry pick' finer caliber single-hair grafts are needed to replicate nature but it can certainly be used to transplant 6,000 grafts onto a Norwood 5. The ability to extract hair from the body has also lead to more natural looking results where very fine hair is needed(eyebrows, temples etc). FUE is also an avenue for those who are unhappy with their FUT scars and do not want to risk a revision and the premise of scalp tattooing is not for them. I will continue to build on examples of unique cases where FUE is utilized with great success.

Norwood 1:

836 grafts

SSKtAGMl.png

1,441 grafts

n05HAhsl.png

Norwood 2:

1,906 grafts

dFFvORgl.png

2,360 grafts

Er94Auzl.png

Norwood 3:

2,154 grafts

aJxaoCsl.png

2,067 grafts

NMGLmanl.png

2,543 grafts

6EDPvK5l.png

Norwood 4:

2,533 grafts

QfVisyol.png

2,701 grafts

fstNEN3l.png

Work of Dr Lorenzo

Norwood 5:

5,035 grafts

3NTcJnzl.png

Work of Dr Lorenzo

2,600 grafts

skGW72al.png

Norwood 6:

3,939 grafts

1263IJzl.png

Work of Dr Lorenzo

6,381 grafts

hy0ZVWcl.png

Work of Dr. Lorenzo

Crown:

1,499 grafts

ydeeK4tl.png

Scar repair:

278 grafts to conceal strip scar

ANirllml.png

1,200 grafts to conceal strip scars:

YXkDYKpl.png

More natural hairlines and temples:

Same patient, same surgeon. FUT in the top photo and then FUE in the bottom. You decide which looks more natural

S6XBGPMl.png

Eyebrows:

Nape hair and hair from the legs often are more suitable for replicating thin caliber eyebrows

YmvDfKcl.png

More examples to be added in time.

For the advantages and disadvantages of FUE. Click here.

For a more indepth look at the tools, methods and surgeons behind FUE, click here

For newcomers to hair transplantion, click here

Mickey,

The eyebrow guy is me! The eyebrows grow thicker and thicker as time goes on. I am very happy with the results.

Good examples.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I know Atticus hehehe, you were the best example I found when it came to natural looking eyebrows. Umar hit the ball out of the park! Using scalp hair for eyebrows would look soooo wrong!

I have just seen Dr Devroye post a 2-day 4,000 graft FUE case so good to see that bigger sessions are becoming more popular with top clinics. Obviously the proof is in the results but it bodes well.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 7 months later...

Hi Mickey, I'm new here and seriously considering FUE but am very curious about the scarring it causes, especially on more tanned skin which is what I have. From personal experience I noticed that if I cut myself shaving then the scar it leaves is normally darker than my natural skin colour and I don't really want the back of my head to be riddled with dark spots from the donor area...

I noticed you said you were going to add some pics on scarring? Or was this a differnt thread? Apologies, I am still getting used to using the site properly.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
. hello my friend i,m new here and i need ur help please can u wright ur mail to contact

Send me a private message my friend :)

• 2 months later...

Hello Mickey I would like to enquire about the best dr in the field of a bht cause I had a surgery before left me with scars and still less hair in crown and back , so which dr do u think is the best to make a bht to add more hair in the crown and back and also repair the scars , and would u please tell me if there is any side effect if beard hair is removed on the face such as darkness on the skin or little scars .

Best regards

Hello Mickey I would like to enquire about the best dr in the field of a bht cause I had a surgery before left me with scars and still less hair in crown and back , so which dr do u think is the best to make a bht to add more hair in the crown and back and also repair the scars , and would u please tell me if there is any side effect if beard hair is removed on the face such as darkness on the skin or little scars .

Best regards

Hey buddy, so sorry to hear that you sustained excess scarring and sub-standard growth in the crown... The most prolific individual when it comes to body hair is Dr Umar. I don't believe anyone comes close to the prolificacy and scale of body hair implantation except for one other surgeon(who is not recommended here) who is so unethical he makes car dealers look ethical in comparison. I have also seen impressive results from Dr Bisanga using beard hair. Dr Lorenzo, Bhatti and Maras also have experience with extracting beard hair successfully but in terms of body hair(legs, arms, chest) the field is quite narrow. Extraction of the beard hair can leave a physical indentation as well as hypopigmentation(loss of skin color which can be exacerbated via tanning). These issues may or may not occur and are generally more likely in individuals of certain race but you must be aware of these potential issues.

So Mickey u recommend dr umar , how many grafts he can harvest front beard and body in each single I mean for example if I need more than 5000 grafts is it possible to do it in one session or he must separate it and how long is the time between each session .

So Mickey u recommend dr umar , how many grafts he can harvest front beard and body in each single I mean for example if I need more than 5000 grafts is it possible to do it in one session or he must separate it and how long is the time between each session .

For beard hair, umar. Bisanga, lorenzo, there is also dr villnow and dr hakan. For body hair it is umar, villnow(not sure if i spelt his name 100%) and hakan.

With dr umar, if it is a large session i believe he does multiple days back to back but not 100% sure.

Thank u Mickey for ur help

I think finally i choose dr villnow and umar but which one one u think is better to go ahead and do the operation with and what's ur recommendation about this

Best regards and respect

Thank u Mickey for ur help

I think finally i choose dr villnow and umar but which one one u think is better to go ahead and do the operation with and what's ur recommendation about this

Best regards and respect

Hey there buddy, hmmm I can't really pick a surgeon for you on this matter. I recommend consulting with both of them and seeing what their plan of attack is and picking the one that suits you. Look at their results(both from the clinic and the patient-posted results), ask them to send you results of cases that are similar to yours. There are no guarantees in hair transplantation, only thing you can do is improve the chances of a great result. Maybe even do one small session focusing on filling in the scar and seeing how that turns out. If it succeeds than you have much more confidence to return to the doctor for a bigger session on the crown etc. If it doesn't than you can re-evaluate the situation and know you only lost a small amount of grafts.