25 Year old... what is my situation looking like?

I am 25 years old.

I have been taking propecia now for 2 years and have seen a halt to further progression.

My only concern is that my hairline is too far back now and I look somewhat strange.

Looking for thoughts/ opinions on my current situation.

Thanks

Edited by 2hillpark

Looking at ur pics ,ur hair is very thick and propecia has done wonderful work on u .If I was u ,I will wait for a year and then undergo ht to correct hairline.

Have u used just propecia without rogaine ?I would say start using rogaine along with propecia and maybe u can regrown some of the lost hair .

,#my 2cents

Edited by baldboy7

If you've stabilized/slowed down, you could consider an FUE transplant, but ideally, I'd urge you to wait maybe till your late 20s...

Holdign strong though.

I'd echo what KO said. You're doing fine. You certainly don't look 'strange'. :)

I startd Fin when I turned 27. I have centralised hair loss in my mid scalp, so my hairline is extremely see through. Fin has been good from a retention point of view, and 3 years on at 30 I've decided to go and sort things out with a HT. I think following a similar pattern/time frame would suit you as well.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Frontal hairline is receding. Buy yourself time by getting on Propecia. Sooner or later you'll probably need a frontal procedure...but you'll take control of your loss by starting and staying on medical therapy.

Best of luck!

Frontal hairline is receding. Buy yourself time by getting on Propecia. Sooner or later you'll probably need a frontal procedure...but you'll take control of your loss by starting and staying on medical therapy.

Best of luck!

He mentioned he's been on it for 2 years already.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Don't listen to what others think is strange or not. If we did this, nobody would get a hair transplant because there's always someone who thinks your hair will look fine no matter how bald you are. If it bothers you, and your hair has stabilized due to medications, get a no cost consulation with a doctor that specializes in a procedure and the type of hair you want to work with. Some doctors work wonders with hairlines such as Wong, Hasson, Rahal, Shapiro and Konior, to name a few. If a hair transplant is something you want done, you don't have to wait for it. If I listened to what everyone else told me to do, I would still be depressed with my hair loss. The only real advice I can give you is do your research and make sure it's something you're willing to commit to, because in the next 5-10 years, you may need another one. Hopefully by this time, more advanced techniques will be out there that will allow us unlimited donor supply (crossing fingers)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I agree with nick, from previous pics of when you were younger your hairline has always been high and receded like mine! As iv said before mine didn't change much in 20 years and yours may follow that path, as the rest of your hair, the top and back seems very stable and your on propecia do should hopefully if progressed be slow!! I would visit some Belgium drs Feriduni and bisanga and also Lorenzo who's going to be working out of Manchester!! See what they say, your only young but why spend 10 years waiting with a hairline you aren't happy with if these respected surgeons think you can act now !! Font rush and listen to what they say, if they say wait them I'd wait! There the experts here!!! But clearly your not happy with it as you are!! Research and make an informed decision! If I can help in anyway feel free to ask! Iv recently had fue by dr Feriduni and am very glad I have!