Got cought wearing concealer

I was at work and this girl I work with looked at my head funny, I went into the bathroom and I could see the thin area where the concealer came off, and concealer powder on my scalp in different spots...I do maintenance where I work, She called me to come do some work and I knew it was to look again.....I HATE living a lie!!!!!I went to work the next day with no concealer and felt much better, but didn't feel very confident.... Sometimes I think I was better off without the HT? Im 7month post and it looks pretty good...Life is tough haha... Im gonna stop worrying about what people think and just LIVE my life and enjoy it....this hair thing has consumed me for over 30 years now.....

She is really hot haha the good thing is I know she wears extensions....She is very cool and acts like nothing happened....But im not a idiot and im sure she told others...lol she is a female after all

Its been 7 months and I hope I still have more growth or I wont be happy...Plus I think my hair needs to get longer...I have a thin spot in the back..I actually had about 3000 grafts Im gonna get more when my year is up

7 months brother....not even half way to that 18 month point. I'm approaching 10 months and am already much better off than I was 2 months ago!

Just say it was a hair thickener product and you weren't sure how to use it if she ever mentions it. Stopping worrying is a good plan!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

7 months brother....not even half way to that 18 month point. I'm approaching 10 months and am already much better off than I was 2 months ago!

Just say it was a hair thickener product and you weren't sure how to use it if she ever mentions it. Stopping worrying is a good plan!

haha Dig your positive vibe.....You know whats funny, before I get my ht I was more confident(I know that will change) Now im always thinking Im trying to get away with something, something just dsnt feel right with me.....

The good news is, Im pretty good at fixing myself, so im sure ill work threw this too...haha

and I want another ht after my year is up

Im gonna stop worrying about what people think and just LIVE my life and enjoy it....

Brian that's a great attitude.

After-all people are generally supportive if the end result is improvement.

I too think I will need a bit more work in the crown,

but I'm thrilled with the improvement I've had.

I guess when you make progress you get greedy! Ha Ha

BTW...I had to stop using concealer in my crown,

because I think I became allergic to the fiber/dust.

I guess I was inhaling it and my throat/lungs didnt like it.

It was my "crutch"....I really miss it....heck it worked great.

Oh well....once my crown is thickened I wont need it anyway.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 3 weeks later...

Girls have all kinds of fake stuff on their body. But im dreading the day this happens to me and Im almost postive one day it will.. Currently looking to make a glue that holds the fibers in better just for this reason. HAHAHA. Lots of failed trials (one leading to be to cut out a patch of my hair) hahahaha but im moving forward.

Seriously, glue? That's hardcore ;)

Personally I think it's better to just own it then use concealer. I also think that guys don't consider lighting when they are putting on concealer in the bathroom. Indoor light looks considerably different compared to outdoor lighting. I think often times what looks good to you indoor can look totally obvious out door or in flourescent lighting like in most offices.

I think that concealer, if used at all, should only be used SPARINGLY. Don't go putting on a full head of hair if your a NW5 or anything crazy like that. It just doesn't look natural. Remember, your hair is just an accessory like a piece of clothing but your true confidence comes from with in! Own it. I've seen tons of hot chics will all sorts of losers (with and without hair). Girls don't care about looks as much as guys do. Once you realize that and man up and talk to them in spite of your insecurities those things you *THINK* are keeping you from getting chics or doing whatever it is you think you can't do because of your hair loss will be a cinch.

Had a similar experience about a year ago. Put Toppik on and I didn't realize that I didn't put enough on in my crown area. I went to an eye glass store and saw the horrified look on one of the women employees face :eek: and I said to myself um Houston we got a problem. Sure enough when I got home and used my hand mirror I could see scalp and powder on it. Embarrassing but I don't plan on going back to that store again anytime soon!