6 months after HT, still bald!

Hello everyone,

I had 3,500 grafts implanted in November, 2012. Before and after 6 months photos attached. Is this normal? I thought I'd have have hair by now. As you can see, there is very little growth. My doctor told me I'd be at 30-50% by now. This is clearly not the case.

The doctors says "things are coming along fine." I'd rather not say the Dr.'s name yet. If I'm still bald in three months, I'll be happy to tell the name.

I feel deceived and disappointed. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

Before.jpg.b34683d7c5fe729bfd251a4d027f31ec.jpg

5b32d891d6736_6months.jpg.7d3651de5e9492aa7f2c72d59e3654ba.jpg

I am sorry to say this, but the results are not good so far. Your doctor is lying in saying things are fine. Anything unusual happened post-op that would have effected growth? If not the problem may be with your doctor or your body physiology.

6 months and the amount of grafts used i would expect more growth and improvement, however you still have another 6 months to go so hopefully you are a late grower.

Have you any pics of the procedure?

You've had some growth for sure but it isn't that great at this point. The only thing to do is wait it out, we've seen many examples of late growers so I wouldn't give up hope by any means. I don't think you need to keep the doc's name secret until you are sure you have a failure on your hands. Better just to be upfront with your info.

I agree that on average, there should be more growth evident at this point in time. By 6 months you should be seeing around 70% of your total growth. However, there is some truth behind the idea of slow-growers. I was one myself.

My advice is to contact your doctor and discuss your concerns. Then wait a full year before evaluating your final results. You'll probably end up needing a touch up procedure.

Edit - The above should read, "By 6 months you should be seeing around 60% of your total growth."

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I dont agree with 70% but you should be seeing a decent amount of growth at this stage.

But its not an exact science and everyone is different. It could really shoot off in a month or so. Must wait 12 months to evaluate your procedure. Its likely however you will need a further procedure.

I would evaluate your options and look at a recommended Dr to sort you out.

I dont agree with 70% but you should be seeing a decent amount of growth at this stage.

Bobilero, thank you for pointing out my typo. I meant to say 60%.

What exactly is the HT growth timeline?

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website