UK to Ottawa in a few days - Rahal 2000 Grafts FUT

Man, I have no idea how I missed this entire thread. I didn't even know you had surgery. Congrats man. Looks like you had a rough ugly duckling phase, but you seem to really be coming out of it. I think great things are to come for you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You're through the worst stages and it's all downhill from here. 2000 grafts should make a nice difference. Best wishes!

Thanks for the comments guys.

ChrisDav I just realised that your avatar is 3 months to 7 months isn't it?

Cheers Spanker, I really hope you're right. Right now I just want to get back to living a normal life and not hiding away from people. I don't think I'm far away from that now and once I do I think I'll be able to enjoy the months ahead but yeah I did hit the ugly duckling phase pretty hard. ha. It turned out to be quite a big session mostly in-between my existing hair so shaving down and some temp shockloss (as well the stronger hairs from my first HT) didnt make for a good look!!

Janna it turned out to be quite a bit bigger. After consulting with Dr Rahal in person it was apparent I was going to need more like 3,000. Aimed for that but with some decent density ended up with 3,800. I should really get the title of the thread changed! Thanks for the kind words :)

Eman cheers buddy. Good to have another Rahal success story rooting for me! Looking at your 3 months is a reminder of just how early days it is. It's amazing how much change you experienced month on month from then on. Here's hoping for the same!

Yeah they are Slickers. Your picture reminds me of myself.

The first 3 months can really take its toll and in hindsight I wasn't as prepared as I should have been because shockloss can compound the feeling of anxiety in the early stages. It tests your patience.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Yeah the downtime sucks hard. I told myself I knew what I was letting myself in for but for a quarter of a year I've been virtually hiding out, holidays, making excuses for not seeing people. It's crazy when you think about it. It must feel great when it's all worth it though. Just looked back over your pics ChrisDav. Your final pic looks like one of those 'too good to be true' model shots in a HT ad! Looks awesome mate.

Spanker the no of grafts he estimated I could get from another strip was around 3k. The scar doesnt even go half way up on the left side because of what the right side yielded so he said maybe more even. I don't intend to go chasing the crown though if it goes. I've accepted that I will have some degree of loss but framing the face is much more important to me. The grafts in reserve are an insurance policy to join up any future loss i.e. have a blended thinning pattern so as to keep things looking natural as a minimum...

Hoping 'the next big thing' comes along before then though. :)

Slickers-

Dude, seriously?!!! Your hair is already looking AWESOME! Especially when you post those "ugly-duckling" photos alongside them for a comparison. It is very obvious to me that you are already having some growth coming up......and while it may be a lot of your native hair growing back.....It looks really good already. I am super happy for you....and have a feeling when it all grows in, I am going to have some major hair envy of you!! =)

It's also great that you have a lot of grafts to play with in the future should you need them. I really don't think you will, however!

Can't wait to see your next update buddy! Very excited for you......and hope you're getting excited for the things that are going to be coming soon!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks mike. I really appreciate your comments pal. This has without doubt been a tough few months and just hoping things get better from here on. I have yet to get any significant growth but there's def been some, just of little cosmetic value as yet but where I should be I should be at this stage I guess.

Your positivity on the forum is refreshing and a real help to many. Looking forward to you 10 month update already! :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Janna it turned out to be quite a bit bigger. After consulting with Dr Rahal in person it was apparent I was going to need more like 3,000. Aimed for that but with some decent density ended up with 3,800. I should really get the title of the thread changed! Thanks for the kind words :)

3800 grafts?? Wow, that should provide a tremendous difference. Yea, you should change the title. In any case, you'll be happy soon sporting a beautiful head of hair.

• 2 months later...