Best choice in Southern California

Hi,

Looking for some advice. Was pretty set on either going with Zeiering or Bosley, but after reading some reviews that state they are just ok, I'd rather go for the best at the premium rate I am getting. Who do you advise in the LA to SD area?

Thanks in advance! I tried searching but there is a lot of information to search through.

You have some great choices in that area. See this link:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list.asp?StateAbr=CA

My favourites for strip surgery are Williams, DeYarman and Reed.

FUE would be Umar and Diep.

McAndrews is another good one but he's not part of the network.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Bosley is total crap. You are better off traveling for your procedure. Spend the extra dough and fly to the best surgeons like hasson/wong,shapiro,rahal. Don't just go to one in your area. Bad idea... This is one of the most important decisions you will undertake. Umars hairlines look horrible. Never heard of the other doctors, but the 3 I stated are probably the best in the world. People will argue that and there are others, but at the very least they are in the top 5 or so easily. Im in southern california and I'm flying to MD to see Shapiro. I owned a graphic's company for several years and I can tell you the best designers are spread throughout the world.. There are only a handful that are truly great and 99% that suck. The same is with hair transplant surgeons in my opinion. You can't go to just anyone... You can't go to just the top 20%... You need to go to the very best.

Hi,

Looking for some advice. Was pretty set on either going with Zeiering or Bosley, but after reading some reviews that state they are just ok, I'd rather go for the best at the premium rate I am getting. Who do you advise in the LA to SD area?

You were seriously considering Bosley? :eek:

I don't think you've done nearly enough research. I would recommend you don't do anything for a minimum of 6 months, you are going to be making a decision that you will live with for the rest of your life. If you even considered Bosley, you are not making the most informed decisions and you need to do more research.

Dr. Umar is likely your best choice, as he offers superior results with scarless FUE. I cannot recommend a strip surgeon in southern California because I do not know much about them (although I'm sure they are out there)

If you are willing to pay for the best result, you need to determine if you want a strip scar or not. If you don't, and can afford the cost of a superior result without a scar, I would recommend Dr. Umar, as I know firsthand what kind of results he delivers.

Either way, please continue to research before you do anything. Good luck.

Umars hairlines look horrible.

That is completely untrue. I know what his hairlines are like, and they are outstanding. I have been thrilled with mine since I started my repair with him a few years ago.

There are only a handful that are truly great and 99% that suck. The same is with hair transplant surgeons in my opinion.

What "sucks" is much of the advice you'll find on the internet. That's why a multitude of opinions, extensive research, and an extensive review of all available options should be exhausted before anyone ever gets a HT.

That is completely untrue. I know what his hairlines are like, and they are outstanding. I have been thrilled with mine since I started my repair with him a few years ago.

What "sucks" is much of the advice you'll find on the internet. That's why a multitude of opinions, extensive research, and an extensive review of all available options should be exhausted before anyone ever gets a HT.

My opinion sucks lol. Ok u had what you say are good results from Umar... Good for you. The surgeons i mentioned aren't inline with what most people recommend on this board?? Yeah right. I'm not the only one on here that has mentioned his poor hairlines. He is not the worst surgeon by any means and I almost went to him myself but not one of the best other than maybe in his innovation. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder having had work with him.

Edited by HairKlepto

My opinion sucks lol. Ok u had what you say are good results from Umar... Good for you. The surgeons i mentioned aren't inline with what most people recommend on this board?? Yeah right. Umar is not recommended here btw and im not the only one on here that has mentioned his poor hairlines. He is not the worst surgeon by any means and I almost went to him myself but not one of the best other than maybe in his innovation. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder having had work with him.

Dr. Umar is recommended here.

Opinions are cheap and should be taken lightly, and that includes mine. "Having a "chip on your shoulder" is usually indicative of dissatisfaction with someone or something, and that is the exact opposite of my experience with Dr. Umar.

The videos posted on his website contradicts your opinion on his hairlines, but you are entitled to believe whatever you want. I base mine on personal experience.

Dr. Umar is recommended here.

Opinions are cheap and should be taken lightly, and that includes mine. "Having a "chip on your shoulder" is usually indicative of dissatisfaction with someone or something, and that is the exact opposite of my experience with Dr. Umar.

The videos posted on his website contradicts your opinion on his hairlines, but you are entitled to believe whatever you want. I base mine on personal experience.

Ok you are right he is recommended now. He was considered before and denied and there are numerous threads about that. I missed the one about him getting accepted, so my bad. I've seen all his videos... Every single one. I can point you to plenty of poor looking results (photos or videos). Not all of his results are bad. He strikes gold sometimes no doubt, but some of them show a completely lack of artistic talent and others have commented on this as well. He also has a slight advantage of using unsafe nape hair which can make for a soft hairline. Nape hair can be good and bad of course. Comparing him to a surgeon like Victor Hasson for example is just absurd in terms of consistent outstanding hairlines. I was trying to point this guy to the best surgeons, not ones that are decent and better than bosley. If someone wants to roll the dice and take a chance of getting one of his straight bowl shaped hairlines, then they should go for it. I could point you to one for example on realself.com where the guy had 5000 grafts and it looks absolutely horrible... No coverage at all. Granted it's BHT but the yield was clearly crap. He charges 8 a graft so you do the math. I actually consulted with him so obviously I think he is "decent", but I gave my opinion like you gave yours. All the best.

There is also Rassman at NHI. I'm not a big fan of his, but he will definitely not do harm.

From what I've seen, I'd tend to agree. I would neither discourage nor recommend him based on what I know about his results (very little) but he seems quite experienced and knowledgeable, and this is hugely important when choosing a surgeon. I also find his blog very informative:

Hair Loss Information » Archives - Balding Blog

What exactly is total crap about bosley? I've been on a number of forums for months and only just now saw a review about bosley, which made me dig a little deeper.

Rahal is in my area, where can I see a thread about his results & examples?