FUT or FUE ?

If you want the new hairline to be as low as the widow's peak(not suggesting this) you will need quite a bit more than 500 grafts I would think to achieve a good density.

My very important instruction to the Doctor before coming to an estimate and an Hairline we can aim for was "I am not looking for a new Avatar for a New Look" as if today it is night and tomorrow it becomes Day. I am not looking out for such a Drastic Change, makeover. It should subtly enhance my look. Plus the Doctor suggested it would be wise to go from smaller area to bigger area if you think it does not meet your expectations, but directly jumping to a Bgger are you will not be able to come back from there you will be stuck.

Edited by augustya

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a bare head (like it is below your hair line) if you are looking for good density you will need a top doctor and expect 1000 grafts to lower you hairline 1 cm.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

One thing that I wanted to ask people here is, the New Hairline that I am thinking about touches, goes on to area of my Forehead which technically never, ever had any hair. So If I try implanting hair there, does it not require a Nutrient Bed under the Forhead skin like Hair Growing Nutrients. Will it grow hair ?

It is like you have a Field which Yields Crop but for the moment has become dry.So in that case it need not be a problem.

Had their Hair before in the new hairline area and I lost it and now if I am again transplanting hair there it need not be a problem because it has a Nutrient Bed, But here my question is, what about area of Forehead which never had Nutrient Bed with the required Nutrients for growing hair ? will it still grow hair ? Or There is no such thing like required Nutrients under the Forehead skin, the moment one transplants hair there it starts growing ?

I hope I have been able to explain my question well :-)

One thing that I wanted to ask people here is, the New Hairline that I am thinking about touches, goes on to area of my Forehead which technically never, ever had any hair. So If I try implanting hair there, does it not require a Nutrient Bed under the Forhead skin like Hair Growing Nutrients. Will it grow hair ?

It is like you have a Field which Yields Crop but for the moment has become dry.So in that case it need not be a problem.

Had their Hair before in the new hairline area and I lost it and now if I am again transplanting hair there it need not be a problem because it has a Nutrient Bed, But here my question is, what about area of Forehead which never had Nutrient Bed with the required Nutrients for growing hair ? will it still grow hair ? Or There is no such thing like required Nutrients under the Forehead skin, the moment one transplants hair there it starts growing ?

I don't know about your nutrient bed hypothesis, but I had hairline FUE to areas where there was no hair before (dracula hairline correction). I'll be honest, I think you are worrying a bit too much. Mt doc. gives a special blend of minox and other goodies blended in by an apothacary, and whatever it is, this stuff causes hair to grow. Of course, my doc is the top surgeon, so of course i knew it would grow. :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

No. You could plant hair on the the tip of your nose, and if became vascular, it would grow.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't know about your nutrient bed hypothesis, but I had hairline FUE to areas where there was no hair before (dracula hairline correction). I'll be honest, I think you are worrying a bit too much. Mt doc. gives a special blend of minox and other goodies blended in by an apothacary, and whatever it is, this stuff causes hair to grow. Of course, my doc is the top surgeon, so of course i knew it would grow. :)

When you say never had hair as in never, never before, nothing like you had before and started losing nothing of that sort right ? And you are saying it is growing there ?