Young and in need of advice

Hi everyone,

First let me say I hope I am posting this correctly as it is my first "Topic". If I'm not don't hesitate to correct me.

I am like many of the other young men I've read about over the last few months. I understand the split in opinions regarding hair transplants in men below 25, however, like most I've gotten to the point where my hairloss has consumed me, and I'm tired of living with it. View my blog to see my current hairline.

I'm financially secure and I could afford the surgery, which Dr. Rahal quoted at 2000 grafts and around $8,000. I have extremely dense hair on the sides and back of my head and I am not at all bothered by the idea of multiple procedures later on in my life if need be.

I've had some success with propecia which I am currently on. I saw the positive results of it unfortunately after I stopped using it in exchange for Laser Hair Therapy, which in my opinion obliterated my front hairline.

So that's my story. Check out my blog and let me know what you think. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

First let me say I hope I am posting this correctly as it is my first "Topic". If I'm not don't hesitate to correct me.

I am like many of the other young men I've read about over the last few months. I understand the split in opinions regarding hair transplants in men below 25, however, like most I've gotten to the point where my hairloss has consumed me, and I'm tired of living with it. View my blog to see my current hairline.

I'm financially secure and I could afford the surgery, which Dr. Rahal quoted at 2000 grafts and around $8,000. I have extremely dense hair on the sides and back of my head and I am not at all bothered by the idea of multiple procedures later on in my life if need be.

I've had some success with propecia which I am currently on. I saw the positive results of it unfortunately after I stopped using it in exchange for Laser Hair Therapy, which in my opinion obliterated my front hairline.

So that's my story. Check out my blog and let me know what you think. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

hi youngguy.

i personally think at 22 you are too young for a ht,especially as your hairloss does'nt seem aggressive at this point.

looking at your hairline it does'nt seem at all bad for 4 years of loss.

having said this, its all about personal choice and if it bothers you that much 2000 grafts would definatly eliminate the problem.

just remember donor supply is finite,try and picture how you may look in 20 years and would them 2000 be put to better use in years to come?

good luck with whatever you choose to do.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I agree if it bothers you to the extent it is effecting how you live your life maybe surgery is right.

However I really don't think your hairloss is bad, is that how you always wear your hair or did you just do it like that to show the loss?

If you always wear your hair like that, get yourself to a good hairdresser and get a cut where the hair comes forward, I doubt it will be noticable.

I'm 26 and just had my transplant, If I put my hair back like yours I would have looked ridiculous, so the fact you wear it like that to me suggests it really is not as bad as you feel it is. (even though I'm sure you wont feel that way)

Young guy,

Hey man and welcome to the forum.

Primarily, would just like to compliment you and tell you that you have a great head pf hair. I started losing at 16/17 and by 22, majority of my scalp was visible through thinning hair, so let me tell you that you dont have any major problems. However, I understand that the only opinion that affects you on a daily basis is your own.

I agree with the other guys so far, I believe that right now, you would be much better saving any donor hair for potential future use. I would hold off with any future HT. Consider Propecia again and see that goes. Laser hair therapy is deemed by many as a waste of time and certainly no subsitute for approved products such as Propecia and Minoxidil.

And I agree with Maxxy, depending on how you normally style you hair, consider a new style.

Man, you have a great head of hair, I would seriously think strongly before any potential surgery. Not only because of your age, but because of your current hairloss pattern. But ultimatley the decision is yous. Were all here to help man.

Good luck.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey everyone thanks alot for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Just hearing that it isn't so bad makes me feel better. I think my age and the solid hairlines of my friends affects the way I view my own hairloss.

To answer hairthere's question, my family has a history of hairloss on both sides, my brother who is 25 has significant male pattern hairloss, so does my father. On my mothers side her brother is basically a bowling ball.

The main reason I've considered a hairtransplant this early, as well as other treatments, is the state of my brothers hair. Both his hair and my hair were extremely thick, then without warning he went from being 20 with hair to 25 without.

Also, how I have my hair styled in my photo is how I've always styled my hair, I've never liked short hair and I was under the impression that longer hair would mean better coverage. I just had my hair cut short and my thinning frontal hairline is less noticeable since I've turned it into a mini mohawk.

So I guess if a hairtransplant sounds like it would be a mistake can anyone recommend anything that would help to thicken the hair I currently have. I am taking propecia, and I think I am going to go back onto rogain but is there anything else. Shampoos, special gels, hair spray? That way I could hopefully hold off for a few years.

Thanks,

hearing about your brother i think everyone will tell you a ht is a mistake right now. you could make things far worse. unfortunately the only med known to work is propecia. anything else is a waste of time and money, imo.

i suggest growing your hair a little longer and maybe trying some different styling option. try some styling products too. you'd be surprised at how a hip hair style can make you worry less about some minor thinning up front.

best of luck

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree.

Hearing about your brother and the fact your hairloss really is not bad, I wouldn't go ahead.

Your hairloss is always going look worse to you m8.

As for shampoos you can try Nizoral, also Toppik (concealer) gives good results.

But yeah, I strongly recommend staying away from the knife.

I agree with everyone here...WAIT, you do not need one right now!

Like I tell others who are young and really do not have all that much hairloss, just enjoy what you have now. If you continue to lose hair in the future, you will look back and wonder why you didn't enjoy what you have today.

And once you go down the path of HTs, it is something that you will probably need to maintain in the future (in other words, the possibility of needing additional surgeries).

Go out, have fun and enjoy that thick tuft of hair on your head!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Alright I guess I need to stop whining haha! My hairloss is still going to bother me because it seems like such a short time ago I had the lushish locks I thought I would have my entire life. As we all know somethings just aren't ment to last.

Thanks again everyone for posting!

I've also added a few more photos to my blog so check it out so you can see the damage in all it's entirety.

I think the meds will really do the job for you.

Stay on the Proscar, get on rogaine and Nizoral.

In a years time, god willing you might restore what you have lost. (which isnt much)

Think about the hair cut. (bringing the hair forward)

Welcome to the war ;-)

i would say, u r crazy to have a HT at this stage in life....

i would really think about what other issues u have that is affecting your self esteem rather than hair loss.

i hope all the docs say the same thing...& advise u away from HT right now !!!!

well, u can take it or leave it. dont have a HT until u r in 30/40's and have NW scale of minimum 4/5....

thats my 0.0cents

I disagree with your age and loss limitations, Fallenstar.

I also agree that he would be crazy to have a transplant, but not for the reasons you have given. Surely an individual's personal circumstances come into play?

Like myself [i am now 27 (today actually :P)], I first visited my GP at 16 when I noticed my hairline had receded.

I have not lost much if any more hair since the age of 23, I have tried and also still use Proscar, Rogaine and Nizoral - as well as some vitamins.

I was classed as a Nw 3/3A frontal loss only and had my transplant 5 weeks ago. I don't feel I should have suffered another 10 or so years and/or waited until I receded further to a Nw 5.

Maxxy,

at least we agree on getting a HT is maybe not the way to go right now which is the important bit, the guy has a great head of hair..& if u ask anyone they would say the same.

we have all been at some stage of Hair loss and personally, when i was at this stage around when i was in my 20's. i did think about HT's but felt it was too soon and technology was not as good as it is currently.

well this is forum and its only an opinion from an old hand who was balding over last 10 yrs :-)

good luck with it young-guy but pls take ur time & have a good think...

all the best in meantime

FS

It's all situational. I'm a prototypical example of a "young guy" (was 22) getting a HT; Azza is another, and there are many more.

Having the right donor and selecting the right doctor so as to maximize said donor are the most essential facets, IMO. This is why it is sad and ironic that Armani ensnared so many young guys -- he rapes what donor you have....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I think we have a similar situation;

I thought I was losing my hair at age 18. My hairline has been pretty much the same since then and I am 26 now.

I went to a surgeon who said wait a few years. This was about 3 years ago.

I am now looking at filling in the temples and lower my hairline. I still might be too young for this!

Here is a link to my pictures. I'd say wait a few years. We have a similar hairline.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...466060861/m/37510023