Ditching Fin and sticking with Min

Theodpliske8711

How many people have done it and managed to maintain their regrowth or halt continual hairloss. I'm asking this because I'm considering possibly ditching fin and just staying with minoxidil. A cousin of mine is on min alone and he has noticed some fantastic results from it (regained an immense amount of hair). I obviously don't rely on the idea that it will def. happen to me, but it has encouraged me to look at it as an alternative.

What are people's recommendation?

How many people have done it and managed to maintain their regrowth or halt continual hairloss. I'm asking this because I'm considering possibly ditching fin and just staying with minoxidil. A cousin of mine is on min alone and he has noticed some fantastic results from it (regained an immense amount of hair). I obviously don't rely on the idea that it will def. happen to me, but it has encouraged me to look at it as an alternative.

What are people's recommendation?

If i had a dollar for every time I read in a post: "I was on fin and gave it up after X years...Big mistake!", I'd have enough to pay for my HT!

With no sides you really must stick with it as it's far more effective than minoxidil at retaining hair.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I'm also considering moving to .5mg daily. I currently do MWF, but I don't like that kind of instability with it.

You have .5 once per week. How did you arrive at that?

I got sides and quit, then restarted. I figure something is better than nothing and 0.5mg causes no problems.

I'll be switching to 0.5mg twice a week soon, then 3 x per week etc...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

The thing is... I'm not sure if I have sides or if I'm just overdoing *some* things. The result has been too much anxiety and worry. I would rather not have to deal with it if necessary. I may get back on it soon enough, but I would much prefer to live without it.

You're experiencing "fin hysteria", you've never mentioned actually having any side effects, but the worry over the side effects is what you're worrying about.

It would be foolish to stop taking fin if you expect your hair loss to continue. Believe me, I learnt the hard way. I've posted my pics on what I look like now.

It's partially correct, fin hysteria has hit me a little. However, I am also increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of taking a pill for the rest of my life. I come from a family that has always valued all natural lifestyle, largely because I moved to the US and my family didn't experience the ritalin, anti-depressant, etc. etc. hysteria of the past few decades. The result has made me deeply suspicious of it. I know the hard reality: bear with it or ditch it and face the consequences.

I honestly don't know if fin has been all that effective for me. I've been pretty irregular with its use (I dropped it for about a year or so and then started again on the MWF at 1.25 dosage). I may try to do the .5 MWF dosage and see where that takes me.

I'm just wondering if there have been people here who have made the switch successfully.

It's partially correct, fin hysteria has hit me a little. However, I am also increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of taking a pill for the rest of my life. I come from a family that has always valued all natural lifestyle, largely because I moved to the US and my family didn't experience the ritalin, anti-depressant, etc. etc. hysteria of the past few decades. The result has made me deeply suspicious of it. I know the hard reality: bear with it or ditch it and face the consequences.

I honestly don't know if fin has been all that effective for me. I've been pretty irregular with its use (I dropped it for about a year or so and then started again on the MWF at 1.25 dosage). I may try to do the .5 MWF dosage and see where that takes me.

I'm just wondering if there have been people here who have made the switch successfully.

No switch but my brother uses ONLY min; he's never tried anything else, anything.

And even when he use min, he does it very casually and doesn't spend too much time. I haven't seen his before picture but he still has a head full of hair. He's been doing this for about 3 years so i guess if he's not complaining, just minoxidil is working for him.....