Scar progress question - Possible stretching?

I also had a question for all. I am a bit worried about the right side of my scar. Do you think it is just a bit of shock loss combined with early over redness? It just looks much worst than the back part of the scar and a bit as if it was stretching.

Any thoughts are welcome

Back part

14891.jpg

Right side

14892.jpg

Dr. Rene Rodriguez, Bogota - Colombia 1940 grafts FUT Feb 2013

Minoxidil Foam twice a day

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

My Hair Restoration Website

SMP will only help if he shaves down. If he cut his donor to a guard 3,4 or 5 there will still be noticeable 'step' where the hair is devoid... Everyday I grow more and more cynical of FUT...

Thanks guys

The Dr. has told me to wait a couple more months before the scar matures. He says with the tricophitic closure he used there should be some hairs coming out through that area. I am 2 months post-surgery.

I'll post an update in a couple of months to see where things are at. I am pretty happy with the rest of the scar so I hope this area improves as well. I am going to start applying some emu oil daily to it as well to see if it helps in some way

Cheers

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

Cach,

I agree with your surgeon's assessment: you should give the scar a bit more time to mature before making a full assessment. In the mean time, make sure you're avoiding any strenuous activity that could cause unnecessary stretching in the few first months.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

SMP will only help if he shaves down. If he cut his donor to a guard 3,4 or 5 there will still be noticeable 'step' where the hair is devoid... Everyday I grow more and more cynical of FUT...

Mickey you are growing more and more cynical because you had a bad FUT procedure. You're comments are completely biased and not fair to the many FUT patients on this forum who are seeking helpful information. Have you actually had an FUE procedure?

the scar isnt gonna get any better lookn. only worse over time. I would look into FUE to fill it in. I really do wonder what percentage of FUT patients experience poor stretched scaring. ill bet its close to 20% if not more.

the money saved in FUT is only wasted paying for FUE to repair it.

Thanks for all the comments

I will try to only do soft exercises in the gym for a couple more months as well as add a bit of emu oil at night to help it improve. I think it will definitely get less with time red and the hair around it seems to be growing well as well. I clipped my hair yesterday with a number 5 and it is still not noticeable unless I really try to separate the hairs.

I will continue updating my progress on the scar as well

Cheers

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

the scar isnt gonna get any better lookn. only worse over time. I would look into FUE to fill it in. I really do wonder what percentage of FUT patients experience poor stretched scaring. ill bet its close to 20% if not more.

Careful GNX1, sometime might attack you saying every thread you post in you try turn into a fue versus fue debate, even though you arr just stating an opinion. This actually happebed to me yesterday.

To the OP shaved down to a clipper 5 it doesnt look bad at all in your photos. Hopefully it will improve within the next few months.

You hair looks good with a number 5 haircut. However, if the scar bothers you, beard hair into the scar should camoflouge it pretty well. This is the worst case scenario of course. As others have said, give it more time to heal.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

micky know what hes talkin about, we need people like him here to show the not so great side of ht, hes been threw it and is passionate about warning people about fut scars

I agree taco.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

As others stated, it definitely looks like your scar has stretched a bit. Mine looks the same and is also on the right side of my head. I've also had 3 strips taken from the same place and it has not gotten any wider, but that has always been a concern for me. I would say you're in good shape if you can buzz down to a 5 without it being noticeable. If it ever does concern you FUE or SMP seem to be viable options. I have seen SMP into a scar on long hair and it looked totally natural so I wouldn't be overly concerned with that either. If you did seek out FUE the best bet would be to perform a test first.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Looks like the scar has been improving over the past couple of weeks. I have been putting either rosehip oil or emu oil pretty much every night. Also it seems like new hairs have been coming through the scar.

Right side #1

15129.jpg

Right side #2

15128.jpg

Left side

15126.jpg

Back

15127.jpg

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

I had an awesome FUT experience and I have 0 issues with the scar.........I always thought if I need more surgery down the line I'd go straight back for FUT, but I'm becoming a little weary lately.

However, as per my personal experience, I have no complaints. It just seems like it was a bigger risk than I initially thought.

It's good your scar has improved! To be honest I have no idea what I'm looking for.......but did the scar actually stretch then?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I am also a bit confused. I am not sure if the redness was scar and it is no less red or if the scar being stretched is just getting ligher in colour and getting some hairs through it because of the tricophitic closure. I imagine the only way to tell would be to clip my hair with number 1 but not planning to do that any time soon :) I am just happy it is looking better.

Keto 2% twice a week

Biotin supplements

Careful GNX1, sometime might attack you saying every thread you post in you try turn into a fue versus fue debate, even though you arr just stating an opinion. This actually happebed to me yesterday.

To the OP shaved down to a clipper 5 it doesnt look bad at all in your photos. Hopefully it will improve within the next few months.

hahaha the truth is the truth

Pretty much everything you said here is false. Aside from a particular window in time (0-3 months or 0-6 months based on doc opinion) where scars are prone to stretching scars get better with time. You statement insinuates that scars heal backwards or something. This case is a prime example of how wrong your statement is the scar has improved vastly in the last couple weeks.

I really hope I'm wrong here but I cannot see this scar improving significantly. The redness has subsided and some of the hair from the trico closure is coming through but the actual width of the scar remains similar especially the rear and right side.... Those are just my observations but I do hope I'm wrong.

I really hope I'm wrong here but I cannot see this scar improving significantly. The redness has subsided and some of the hair from the trico closure is coming through but the actual width of the scar remains similar especially the rear and right side.... Those are just my observations but I do hope I'm wrong.

His scar looks a lot better, but I am not saying that it hasn't stretched a little bit even though I don't think it is that bad. The only thing I took issue with is GNX1's comment that after two months the scar is only going to get worse which is a completely false statement. Next thing you know there are going to be a thousand post of people freaking out because they think the way their scar looks at 2 months is how it will look forever or even worse.

His scar looks a lot better, but I am not saying that it hasn't stretched a little bit even though I don't think it is that bad. The only thing I took issue with is GNX1's comment that after two months the scar is only going to get worse which is a completely false statement. Next thing you know there are going to be a thousand post of people freaking out because they think the way their scar looks at 2 months is how it will look forever or even worse.

You were right to take issue with that statement. I did not agree with gnx1 in that scars continually stretch. I agreed with alot of what he said but disagreed with some of what he said(in general not just in this thread hehe).