FUE Search Begins... USA/Europe/Turkey

Hi all. First time poster and long time reader. I have narrowed my search to the following Doctors and wanted some opinions. I have seen a lot of work from all throughout this helpful forum. I live in Washington, DC, USA and realize price should not be the deciding factor but the below list of doctors have widely varying prices.

Is FUE cost in USA justified? Because it's more $ does this mean they have to be better? Why is Turkey so cheap? Baubac Hayatdavoudi has some good work but he is about $5k-10k more than the others. My close friend has had 2 good procedures with Hayatdavoudi. Feriduni seems great. Maras in Cyprus even offers free lodging! What is the catch with European FUE? IF cost were not a factor would you choose USA, European, or Turkey? I am eager to see the opinions here.

Feriduni (Belgium)

Maras (HDC-Cyprus)

Kesser (Turkey)

Erdogan (Turkey)

Hayatdavoudi (USA)

Belgium: Feriduni, Bisanga, De Reys and Mwamba

Turkey : Erdogan and hakan. Keser charges 4 euro from memory which is absurd.

North America : Umar

Thanks Mickey! I am dropping off the Turkey bandwagon for now. Keeping it US/EU only. Seen some results from Turkey that kinda make me second think.

My final 3 now...

Feriduni/Bisanga - Belgium

Maras - HDC Cyprus

Man the turkish fue surgeons are amazing.. i dont know what results your are referrig to but on a whole, the turkish fue surgeons are on another platform compared to the north american fue surgeons. Bisanga and feriduni and amazing however so you wont go wrong either way.

From what I have seen it is 2-3 euro. Are these prices too good to be true? Are turkish doctors less advanced? Some results are good. They have cheaper labor rates in their country but I am having a tough time understanding the price gap...

I like John Diep in California:

Dr. John Diep Hair Transplant Surgeon in Los Gatos, California

He does a lot of FUE and posts results on youtube. Very informative and seems like a great guy.

I've no idea what his costs are.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

From what I have seen it is 2-3 euro. Are these prices too good to be true? Are turkish doctors less advanced? Some results are good. They have cheaper labor rates in their country but I am having a tough time understanding the price gap...

Turkish surgeons like erdogan and hakan are actually more advanced then the fue surgeons in north america. For one, they have been heavily practicing fue for many years, Hakan has since 2002 and secondly they treat fue as a stand alone method to hair restoration and notvjust a mere temple filler solution. They work on most norwood levels. Even doctor lorenzo was amazed with dr erdogans work. Even if the turkish surgeons were charging 8US dollars per graft, i would still choose them over most surgeons worldwide, anyday of the week.

Feriduni 2500

Maras (HDC Cyprus) 2500

Hakan 2000

Erdogan 2000-2500

All have about the same "recommended" graft count but this is not in-person so it's safe to assume I may need more and will adjust $ to count for that fact. I am not doing Turkey as I had stated. Cyprus is an attractive offer with hotel accommodations, taxi, and some euro coverage for my flights to and from the states. Feriduni also has a travel package which I will inquire about today. The Turkish Doctors have been very hard to communicate with which is why I chose to not proceed with them.

Anyone have an idea about this "travel package" set up by Feriduni? I am guessing it is some hotel, taxis, ...

Hi Feriduni pays for 1 nights accommodation at your hotel and your taxi to and from the hotel on the day of your surgery!! After that you pay your own which is 8 euro each way and your hotel is at 70 euro per night if you use the hassotel standard room!! Any info you need feel free to ask! Iv just had fue by dr Feriduni and he's a fantastic dr and person!!

Feriduni is an absolute prince of a gentleman. He consulted with me via Skype for a full 32 minutes without even the slightest hint from his reps of a deposit before or long after the consult. Instantly made me feel much better about my situation even stating that 95% of people would be ecstatic with my hair how it is. He is one of the few surgeons I really respect and believe he is not totally in the industry for the money alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made my decision... It's Feriduni! Excited to get the ball rolling. Been emailing back with his clinic. Will select a date and also write up about the experience with photos etc. Turkey scared me a little. Never let price dictate your decision. Love all the results from Feriduni's clinic made available on the net. I'm scared, excited, nervous. Big steps coming up. You have one life... Live it how you want and do whatever makes you happy and can make your life the best it can be. Thanks to this forum for all the info and users who responded to my messages.

Do what makes you happy!