New member looking for help/advice

Hi,

Firstly thanks to everyone for the information on this site and it has helped me loads in making decisions about my hairless and what the future may hold. I've decided to go ahead and get some consults for a FUE transplant. My current hairline was afforded to me since I was probably 21 (now 32) and has remained stagnant until past 2/3 years where it has now thinned on top. I have very light/thin hair but appears to be quite dense in the possible donor area.

I've started properly on minoxidil 5 foam past 1 month and have some finasteride at home but I'm currently working away so can't get access to it. Hopefully start a low dose shortly.

If someone could give me an accurate situation of my current status in Norwood terms as I'm struggling to work it out properly with thinning hair and all that. Will post some pics of taken tonight.

I've contacted Dr Ergodan in Istanbul as I'm currently working in the UAE and this is only a 3 hr flight. Anyone have experiences of Dr E or any other surgeons in Turkey

Anyone recommend surgeons within a medium distance to the UAE (can't see much proper info to surgeons in Dubai/Abu dhabi) looked at Dr Path but think he only does FUT

Thanks for all you help in advance,

Kindest regards,

Mike

image.jpg.c8aff099d621a11b5b19f7d0fbdb9da2.jpg

Looking at the pic taken from behind, it looks like you have plenty of donor hair at your disposal.

The general consensus amongst many posters here seems to be that one should stick with the meds for a year, then evaluate one's situation.

I too have just started meds - 2 months on finasteride and minoxidil - but by all accounts my impatience is getting the better of me and, just like the "Queen" hit, I want it all, and I want it now.

Good luck to you.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

Thanks guys,

Blueboy63 appreciate your honesty but after 10 years of the same shaved buzz no1 kinda getting sick of it to be honest. Calgacus I know what you mean man but I'm under pressure!! Unfortunately my own though.

Any comments on my current Norwood scale?

BW

Mike

You're probably a NW 3/4 A, because most of your loss is frontal receding and no crown loss. Meds are a must to retain the hair you have and prevent future loss, so you should try them. Frankly, I think if you do not have side effects you should still take the drugs permantently even if you feel they are not helping because they slow down the rate of loss

I think you're between a Norwood 4A and 5A.

I would consult with the Belgium Doctors - Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba and Devroye.

Dr Hakan Doganay is the only Dr in Turkey who has been screened by this network and also comes recommended.

Some people will steer you away from FUT but I would keep an open mind until a few Drs have seen you in person. If you have a good photo of your hair grown out then make sure you send that too.

In the FUT/FUE debate I guess it depends how important the shaved look is to you - not much by what you said in your message above!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Ironmike,

You are actually a diffused NW6 as I see a clear demarcation of density in your crown compared to the surrounding areas. Meds are a must. I also see reason for concern regarding your donor zone. One of two things are happening here. Either you cut your own hair and you've gone a bit too short in some areas or your donor density is extremely variable from average to far below average. I would exercise caution with what some clinics may tell you because if you are not cutting your hair on your own you might not be a good candidate.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians