Does anyone have a picture of when it fades?

I know it's permanent, but it fades after 3 or 4 years, or so I've been told.

I'd like to see what it looks like. I mean, eventually I'll get older, I'll have white hair, might even do a clean shave, which might not be possible because of smp? Which means I'll be enslaved by a company to keep poking dots on my head my whole life every four or five years?

The word "permanent" scares me a bit.

• 4 months later...

There are different companies doing SMP that use different pigments. The type of pigment used by Milena Lardi of Beauty Medical (and H&W, SMG, and soon my clinic, SMP Looks) is designed to fade completely after 2 years. That means there's zero trace of it visible and left in your body.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Basically it's a tattoo, it's gonna fade by some percent but not all, specially because dark pigment is gonna stay, say, forever. Probably will need a 'restoration' from time to time but surely not every 2 - 5 years. My tattoo on hand is painted with black pigment and since I love to sunbath and spend literally weeks in the sun, it only faded a little for full 4 years.

Hairthere,

Thanks for sharing! Look forward to hearing more about the new clinic.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Here is an example from Milena's Lardi's patient at Beauty Medical. I took these shots myself where the larger image shows the result, If I recall, at about a year and a half or so. The second image was six months later after it had finished fading.

95570371.jpg?i=424889920

dsc_8030.jpg?i=199174121

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians