Potential Recommendation of Dr. Hakan Doganay of Turkey

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

I would appreciate this community’s input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Hakan Doganay of Turkey on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Doganay is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Hakan Doganay has over 10 years of hair transplant experience and performs advanced FUE (follicular unit extraction) on only one patient per day at his clinic in Turkey. Dr. Doganay has the staff and experience to perform large sessions exceeding 3000 grafts over multiple days when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Doganay specializes in FUE, BHT (body hair transplantation - using hair from various parts of the body such as the beard and chest to restore hair to the scalp) and eyebrow reconstruction. Because not everyone is a suitable candidate for FUE hair transplantation, Dr. Doganay is very selective in choosing patients for surgery.

Dr. Doganay uses an extraction tool called micro-motor with punches ranging from .7mm to .8mm to minimize scarring to the donor area. In Dr. Doganay's experienced hands, transection and damage to the follicular units is minimal and patients typically see approximately 85% to 95% growth yield. All follicular units are implanted within 5 hours after extraction in order to minimize desiccation and death to the follicles.

Dr. Hakan Doganay uses the Choi pen implanter for placing grafts into recipient sites. With the help of 3 nurses, follicular units are carefully loaded into Choi implanter pens ranging from .6mm to .8mm. Dr. Doganay then carefully places grafts into tiny recipient sites using the pen implanter.

The Choi implanter is a surgical tool that has the potential to make some aspects of the hair transplant procedure easier. While the advantages of the Choi implanter are arguable, Dr. Doganay believes that the Choi implanter can minimize the potential mishandling/damage to the grafts during placement. However, many North American physicians, when asked felt that it offered very little advantage to a clinic that has already mastered the skill needed to successfully place grafts without injury.

Ultimately, a surgical tool is only as good as the physician using it. Dr. Doganay feels that in his hands, he produces excellent results.

Dr. Doganay creates natural looking hairlines that mimic nature by using only 1 haired follicular units in the first couple of rows. He agrees with other leading surgeons that multi-haired grafts placed in the hairline don't look natural. Dr. Doganay also provides dense packing up to 60 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2) when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Hakan Doganay is a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) and the Turkish Plastic Surgeon Organization.

Given Dr. Doganay's experience in performing quality FUE with excellent results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Doganay has presented numerous examples of his recent FUE and specialty results on this forum. Dr. Doganay's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

4380 Grafts via FUE in 2 Sessions and Surgical Walkthrough

2400 Grafts via FUE

1400 Grafts via FUE Hairline Reconstruction

3900 Grafts via FUE

3700 Grafts via FUE

3600 Grafts via FUE at 5 Months

2400 Grafts via FUE at 7 Months

3200 Grafts via FUE - 1 Month After Surgery

2900 Grafts via FUE - 2 Weeks After Surgery

Note: A single FUE session may be accomplished over multiple consecutive days. Many of the below above sessions are accomplished in more than one day.

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I have seen numerous results from Dr Hakan and every result i seen, have been very impressed with. He seems very confident with the technique he uses.

A massive yes from me for recommendation.:D

However Bill would it be possible for you to get a more detailed account from Dr Hakan regarding the techniques he uses and why he prefers the choi because i for one and a few other forum members i have spoken to are wary of this technique due to past clinic/results...mentioning no names! :eek:

Still the work seems great and a FUE only Dr to the forum would be a nice welcome:)

Regards

James,

Thanks for your input. Did you read the description above regarding his techinque and why he prefers the Choi? There are several paragraphs above about it.

In the end, the Choi implanter is just a tool, which is only as good as the surgeon behind it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Great work really, he reminds me of Dr. Jose Lorenzo from Spain. Although many attack the Choi implanter tool users but if it is used well then it can make wonders. Im very glad that there will be a Turkish FUE surgeon to be recommended as its the closest place to us. I really wish that he will post some Beard hair FUE results too. I pray that this time he will make it as Dr, Keser didn't make it last year. We really need someone in the Middle East who is recommended by HTN.

By the way Bill, what is the official website of Dr. Hakan Doganay?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

i suuport this decicion wholeheartedly and am glad that we are getting prominent fue physicians. make it happen please Bill :)

Definite yes from me! I've been very impressed with his FUE work and think he would make a nice addition to the community.

Good luck Dr. Doganay!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

indeed Blake. this forum has been on a roll lately..i think Umar's induction here was a major milestone for breaking the barrier of FUE only or FUE dominant surgeons to be inducted. ever since then we have gotten Bisanga Mwamba and now dr Hakan. i know Lorenzo was contacted and i have spoken to him about it but he did say it was a matter of finding and dedicating the time for it so i dont foresee it happening in the immediate future which is a shame. i think De Reys, Erdogan and Lorenzo would make awesome additions here but Hakan will be a big boost for the members and forum because he goes great fue and at an insanely accessible price.

Edited by Mickey85

very impressed with his work. I think its a no-brainer. more FUE doctors need to be on that list.

I agree we need Dr.Lorenzo from Spain and Dr. Koray Erdogan from Turkey. They are among the top 5 in Europe in my opinion besides Dr.Bisanga, Dr.Feriduni and Dr.Mwamba. :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I agree we need Dr.Lorenzo from Spain and Dr. Koray Erdogan from Turkey. They are among the top 5 in Europe in my opinion besides Dr.Bisanga, Dr.Feriduni and Dr.Mwamba. :D

lorenzo and erdogan are the big guns of fue in terms of high norwood cases and innovation. lorenzo has 11 methods of extracting a graft after it has been punched so it avoids stress on the follicle!

its a shame some of the pioneers of Fue(who cant be named) behaved how they did and basically ostracized themselves from the forum and much of the hair transplant community with their secrecy of techniques and charging $150,000 to train a physican to do FUE. they have been forgotten and surpassed now.

Thanks for everyone's input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Doganay. Given all the positive input we received and his dedication to advanced FUE with excellent results, I'd like to congratulate Dr. Hakan Doganay for being approved for recommendation by our community. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill great news,

A talented FUE surgeon from Turkey, its been a long time coming:)

Hopefully more surgeons like Koray and Lorenzo show more of an interest for recommendation.

On wards and upwards!

Dr Hakan,

Please could you give me your opinion on this;

The concern which i have, is the the choi is more suitable for asian hair, which is the general idea i have got when researching the choi.

So does this mean that Caucasians like myself with lighter/finer hair have a greater risk of an unsuccessful procedure

Do you have results of patients of Caucasian race with lighter finer hair, as the results posted by yourself which are great by the way, seem to consist of patients with darker and thicker hair:)

Once again, welcome to the forum, a great addition.

Regards

@James84,

Thanks for your commend. before the HT, we check the donor area to see whether we can get a good result. If the donor area is not strong enough for a HT operation, we don't do a hair transplantation for this patient. Please check our web page and the results.Dr. Hakan Doganay*Hair Transplant Surgeon in*Antalya,*Turkey

Thank you for your response,

However I'm still unclear if the choi is more prefable for asian patients with dark thick hair than patients with light/finer hair as the results you have posted are patients with dark/course hair.

I understand the need for appropiate donor before a HT procedure but they is a blog on this forum stating the choi is preferable for asian/dark hair patients than patients with finer/lighter hair so was hoping for your opinion on this?

Regards

congratulations again to you dr Hakan. i hope this move will usher in more Turkish and Fue exclusively doctors to consider recommendation. i commend you for being the first Turkish surgeon to successfully be inducted and look forward to many great large and small fue results.

i would like to also reiterate my apologies in regards to my misinterpretation of the price per graft increase as i was severly in error. the current price per graft is lower than alot of North American FUT prices and much cheaper than European and North American Fue. i should also note that even with the price increase, it remains cheaper than Dr Erdogan and some other Turkish FUE practitioners. i won't list the price here but it is insanely cheap. apologies for the misunderstanding once again :)