Worth waiting for advancement ?

Hello

I've been lurking in the background and reading alot of posts but decide to take the plunge and post .

I am 25 and have been loosing for 5-7 years ( hairline ) . I am currently on propeica , Ru , minoxidil sulphate . I tried Dut about 7 months ago but it really killed my hairline . I now wear two lace temple pieces to hide the recession but I'd love to be able to not worry about it .

so my dilemma is , do I take the plunge now and get a HT . I would like a FUE but after I emailed a few doctors in Europe most said I Would be better with FUT.

Or am I best off waiting as It looks like there may be some new improved techniques around the corner?

If you feel you can wait, then wait.

I am not a Dr or an expert but if you only have loss in the temples then i do not see why FUE would be a problem. I certainly wouldnt have FUT for a small procedure, but then again pics would be helpful for you gain an honest opinion.

Regards

Hello

I've been lurking in the background and reading alot of posts but decide to take the plunge and post .

I am 25 and have been loosing for 5-7 years ( hairline ) . I am currently on propeica , Ru , minoxidil sulphate . I tried Dut about 7 months ago but it really killed my hairline . I now wear two lace temple pieces to hide the recession but I'd love to be able to not worry about it .

so my dilemma is , do I take the plunge now and get a HT . I would like a FUE but after I emailed a few doctors in Europe most said I Would be better with FUT.

Or am I best off waiting as It looks like there may be some new improved techniques around the corner?

Ok the wording in bold really stood out for me and shows me that you are super conscious about your hair. RU is quite an effort to order and make as far as I know and resorting to 2 mini-wigs is pretty extreme for what seems to be some frontal hairline and temple recession.

For now I would definitely take a step back, maybe post some pictures on here and get some forum member's opinions. It sounds like you are obsessing over your hair which can be a problem if your procedure does not work out. I definitely WOULD NOT be thinking of a procedure as of yet, if anything I would consider whether or not you could get by without surgery at all. I really wish I did this myself but I have dug a hole for myself now. Definitely do not decide between FUT and FUE until you research the pros and cons about each and how they relate to your situation.

Ok the wording in bold really stood out for me and shows me that you are super conscious about your hair. RU is quite an effort to order and make as far as I know and resorting to 2 mini-wigs is pretty extreme for what seems to be some frontal hairline and temple recession.

For now I would definitely take a step back, maybe post some pictures on here and get some forum member's opinions. It sounds like you are obsessing over your hair which can be a problem if your procedure does not work out. I definitely WOULD NOT be thinking of a procedure as of yet, if anything I would consider whether or not you could get by without surgery at all. I really wish I did this myself but I have dug a hole for myself now. Definitely do not decide between FUT and FUE until you research the pros and cons about each and how they relate to your situation.

Thank you for your reply

Yeah I am concious but I also wear my hair long which makes matters worse as I can emphasise the problem .

As for the RU it is so easy to mix you wouldn't believe , just weigh it out add it to the solution and bingo .

Why have you dug yourself a hole now ?

We have been waiting on these advancements for 10-15 years ( hair multiplication/ clonong ) and it might still be a while before it happens. If you do decide at some point to have some work done in the temporal corners I would be conservative, but if you donor density is good do not see why a smaller FUE procedure could not be done.

Your forelock still looks strong. As long as your hairloss has halted and you are mentally prepared to accept that a procedure probably won't give you the hairline and density of a 14 year old, a FUE procedure of some sort would make a great difference providing everything goes well.

Your forelock still looks strong. As long as your hairloss has halted and you are mentally prepared to accept that a procedure probably won't give you the hairline and density of a 14 year old, a FUE procedure of some sort would make a great difference providing everything goes well.

Yeah I wouldn't expect to look like I had a full head of hair , I think just not having to wear these bloody temple pieces would be nice .

I am on a few hair loss forums and some people seriously believe we are extremely close to a cure , god knows if this is true

Yeah I wouldn't expect to look like I had a full head of hair , I think just not having to wear these bloody temple pieces would be nice .

I am on a few hair loss forums and some people seriously believe we are extremely close to a cure , god knows if this is true

i personally think a cure, be it hst, hit, ardeans or whatnot is wishful thinking. dr ghos procedure has not been substantiated yet in regards to donor generation although the donor does look much better in terms of scarring than fue, his yield is average at best which makes me wonder if he is transecting and killing follicles or are they not growing due to only being section of the graft. if it is either than his method is rendered a hoax. of course there could certainly be another reason that we dont know. hair cloning is a long long way away. certainly within most of our lifetimes, but expect to see cloning used for actual medical purposes before seeing it in the elective surgery field. there has always been the promise of a miracle or wonder procedure. we have only come to natural looking results since the 90s with follicular unit grafts, prior to that it was plugs, flap procedures, mini grafts etc. fue is another advancement that is slowly gaining prominence but we are still a while away from the next big method...

i personally think a cure, be it hst, hit, ardeans or whatnot is wishful thinking. dr ghos procedure has not been substantiated yet in regards to donor generation although the donor does look much better in terms of scarring than fue, his yield is average at best which makes me wonder if he is transecting and killing follicles or are they not growing due to only being section of the graft. if it is either than his method is rendered a hoax. of course there could certainly be another reason that we dont know. hair cloning is a long long way away. certainly within most of our lifetimes, but expect to see cloning used for actual medical purposes before seeing it in the elective surgery field. there has always been the promise of a miracle or wonder procedure. we have only come to natural looking results since the 90s with follicular unit grafts, prior to that it was plugs, flap procedures, mini grafts etc. fue is another advancement that is slowly gaining prominence but we are still a while away from the next big method...

I meant a cure with topicals man , there are some good results with histogen etc it's just a waiting game now

Did the European doctors explain why they feel that FUHT was a better option for you than FUE?

I agree that your front forelock looks strong and not much diffusion in that area. I think you will keep that hair for years to come but only time will tell.

It is a good thing that at your young age you are responding well to the hairloss meds. A smaller session in the temporal areas would dramatically change and potentially improve the appearance to your frontal zone.

Most men who begin to sustain measurable hairloss from MPB in their late teens have advanced classes of hairloss in either side of their family history. Is that the case for you? If so, then taking a more conservative approach as Dr. Charles suggested is IMHO a wise way to approach your case. If you do continue to loose hair behind the FUE grafts, you will find yourself having to commit to more surgery to fill in those areas so you do not have the dilemma of having seperate islands of transplanted hair and nothing around them. Your pattern of loss appears to be more recessionary than a diffused pattern.

It is also my opinion that a so-called cure for MPB is not as viable or even achievable as compared to the strides being made in HM and cloning research. Although there are far more efforts and advances being made, the viability still appears a ways into the future. So in the short term it is advisable to take the more conservative approach not bringing those temporal points forward too much, while preserving precious donor for the future. That way you will have reserves to draw from just in case HM and the rest does not become a reality in the next several decades.

IMHO, stick with finasteride as long as it is working efficiently. Dutasteride normally is suggested only if finasteride is of not of resolve. Any of these hairloss meds can only slow down the progression of MPB at best, they never cure MPB nor ever stop it dead in its tracks.

I also wore hair systems for 11 years so I can relate to the daily pain of having to use partial hair pieces/systems. This is where I think FUE could be of help by freeing you from the partial pieces that you are committed to wearing.

BTW, how does your crown look? Is finasteride and the minoxidil helping you with that area?

Best wishes to you friend and welcome to this this community. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Not trying to scare you but think long and hard before you do any kind of surgery.

Although my FUT surgery did help improve density and my hairline I was left with an ugly white scar that rings from one ear all the way back to the other. I had a scar revision surgery to repair the original scar and it now looks worse than the first time.

Not saying this will happen to you but just be really careful. If I could do it again I'd either go FUE or just go with the shaved head look.

A year later after my scar revision surgery I'm still getting ingrown hairs in my donor area that are not attractive.

Don't count on any remedy coming along in the near future. Histogen is the rage right now, but it will pass. Then something else will come up, and it will pass. I remember in 1990 I saw a commercial for Rogaine. Thinking that something else would have come out to take its place.

If your serious about a HT. We need some info. Some pics of your head. It's all about where your hair loss is going and where it will stop..

If a doc is suggest FUT, I would guess you need mucho grafts, and your HT is progressive. Take some good frontal, and top.

We need to know if your losing your hair in the front or the crown, OR both areas.

Edited by nativeremdies