Donor shock loss - recovery

On 5/26/2015 at 12:30 PM, nitzz said:

I am one month post op n also suffering from severe shockloss in the fourth week intensity of loss seems quiet slow, so be patient n wait.. I hv one query also actually i am a smoker and was unable to quit pre or post op now as far as healing goes i healed quiet well, will this thing have any adverse effects on yeild, is there some one who smoked and underwent surgery mine was fue of 4000 grafts

I smoke about 5 sticks a day. Even before and after. Had shock loss. And Folliculitis at recepient. Now on antibiotics. Did ARTAS ROBOTICS. WOrried a bit. Still not healed 100%. Day 34 today 

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, 

First a thanks to Spex for his mention of MSM. It’s been the first I’ve heard of it and that motivated me to go watch some YouTube videos of it and people seem to love it for hair growth.

I’ve recently begun my shock loss regrowth campaign these last couple weeks and have been on the biotin, vitamins c,b and d (but not CBD 😉). 

I’m trying not to go too vitiman crazy but seems like MSM would be a valuable addition. Would you like to share about brand and dosage ? From what I was watching on the YouTube, seems like it’s popular to get it powdered and drink it starting with 1/8 teaspoon and moving on to 1/4. Seems also that people like to take doses in 12 hour increments. 

Also, Stublu... Your original post was quite some time ago at this point. What have you done since the point beyond when your shock came back. In other words, did you go back for additional transplants?

Wishing you all well and thanks for any tips! 

Edited by Hairtodaybacktomorrow

It would be nice to get an update with pics.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

Looks like shock loss to me as well...BTW, the itchy sensation is a sign that healing is taking place....and it's not a negative unless there is an unusual amount of flaking, inflammation, acute redness, etc. occurring....I don't see any of this on your scalp.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have had 3500 grafts fue surgery. I am experiencing the same which started 12 days after surgery. Initially tye hair in the donor area seems to be growing and then after 12 days started falling.

Im guessing after reading the post this is shock loss but will keep you updated on progress. For now im going to see my surgeon later today and will also get a haircut to see if i can blend it in to make it less noticeable. Has anyone tried using any product to make the skin darker to match the hair colour? Im having to wear a cap everytime i go out to hide it for now.20210920_111948.thumb.jpg.0fea6f7e00e11689b340dedf2963029a.jpg

20210920_111912.jpg

On 12/13/2020 at 10:00 AM, JohnAC71 said:

Looks like temporary shock loss. At just 6 weeks it’s to early to tell when it will start to grow back. Can take a few months. And may match the timeline of your grafted hair.  

On average, it will take an additional 6-8 weeks or so before the shocked hair recovers and new growth appears.

Gillenator