Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 453 FUE to Scar 0- 11 Months

Stephen,

Thanks for posting an example of Dr. Bisanga's scar repair procedures. Overall, I see a big improvement.

Do you have any photos of the back of the patient's scalp when the hair isn't pulled up? It'll be interesting to see how much of the scar, if any is seen under normal conditions.

Best wishes,

Bill

Good one but I think he needs more grafts due to the massive width of his scar. This looks like an ACELL Scar as it appears to be a normal tissue and not a fibrotic one. Am I right?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks for the photos. I was told that Dr. Bisanga does about one scar revision(either via FUE or revising the closure) procedure per week, is that true? Are there any results of Dr. Bisanga revising a scar using his suturing technique and layered closure?

Hi Mickey85

Good questions, speaking from the patients I book personally there will be a percentage who are repair work month in month out, and that entails anything from scar work be it revisions, adding FUE or BHFUE to scars, plug removal refining hair lines etc.

I would say we see more grafting into scars than revisions per se but will speak to the other consultants also to see the percentage they book.

Scar revision per se the doctor would usually like to see the patient in the flesh as there are many variables to consider, position of the scar, laxity, fibrosis issues etc and if we feel a revision would improve the situation before opening them up again and for some FUE into scar beit scalp or beard may be the best option. Where we do revise then the doctor sutures and closes as normal.

Most patients be it virgin cases or repairs do not allow photos to be made public and the pool is smaller than virgin cases to

start with but that said I will see what I can collate in terms of revisions and scar work and will post then here.

Edited by sl
additional text

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thanks for that sl. I'm a big fan of Dr. Bisanga's work and am thrilled that he wants to be recommended on this forum.

In regards to the questions asked here:-

No Acell was used on this patient when he had his original Strip, it was just a very poor surgery and actually he had many complications not shown in these photos.

We will have updates form the patient to come and I will post them accordingly with the hair down.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

SL, Since that person's scar was huge, has Dr. Bisanga considered to revise his scar via strip then after a year FUE the beard grafts into it? Usually they always advise that before going into FUE into scar as it will require a lot of grafts from decent scar coverage?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi Hariri

This patients scar is very large as you say and the result of poor surgery. A revision as such was not the plan or desire of the patient as far as I am aware after asking the rep who dealt with this patient personally.

I meet many guys who have had such bad experiences and they would never dream of being opened up again due to the first experience. Simply not an option for them even if medically possible and advisable. Not all but many are like this and especially so with scars this size.

Before we revise a scar the doctor will look at the scar position, fibrosis issues, laxity, etc. If there is a good chance of stretch back then we would go for the option of FUE into it as a more secure option, or beard FUE into scar if possible.

With the width of this scar then very unlikely we would have agreed to a revision even if the patient asked for it. I can only speak for BHR clinic so I don't know the standard protocols of other clinics and if they would have offered a revision on a scar of this size as the first plan.

Many times with such poor Strip surgeries the previous doctor has also gone too deep into the tissue when taking, so there are really complications we would sooner avoid if possible.

This patient was very young and with very minimal loss and should not have had surgery in the first place, let alone a Strip, and we for sure would not have offered it where there is minimal temple loss only and young.

The result was this Scar in the donor but also very poor temple design with large plugs and several other complications I have not gone into.

If I have permission then I will also add the temple photos so show some of what I am describing. So, in short a very bad experience for the patient and he just wanted to get some "normality" back in his life.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Hi Hariri

This patient was very young and with very minimal loss and should not have had surgery in the first place, let alone a Strip, and we for sure would not have offered it where there is minimal temple loss only and young.

Sounds like my case... Wish I went to Dr. Bisanga or Feriduni for my procedure. At least they would not perform strip on me given my age and minimal loss...