UPDATE : becareful what you say on here lol

Yesterday I went to Dr Vogels office and the funniest thing happen . His receptionist Kelly ( wonderful lady very smart very caring she has that mothering quality that you just love! ) took me to the back to prepare me to see the doc, I told her I was nervous and how I found about him on this forum she said " you were the one that made that post about being to young for a hair transplant " lol it was so funny totally unexpected but I think its great how they are apart of the forum lol

Unfortunately I didn't have enough donor hair and in a battle with mother nature that Dr vogel didn't want any parts of for very good reason ..but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I was prescribed propecia. Ms Kelly had an amazing power point presentation on how propecia is effective I seen the before and after they are amazing . So ill be on those until October when I go back hopefully I will have enough hair to get a Transplant lol

Overall the consultation was nice and very informative

Glad to hear of your nice experience with Dr. Vogel. He does his share of repair work as well and a board certified plastic surgeon from my understanding.

Just to clarify, was it your donor donor zone density that Dr. Vogel was concerned with? Was it thinning at all which was the battle with nature that you mentioned?

Best wishes to you in your journey and hope Propecia brings some resolve for you. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey there tiredofhats92,

I also think it is great that so many doctors (along with their staff) are active members in this community. It's a great way to help educate each other about hair loss and hair restoration. I was an active lurker myself on these forums prior to finally consulting a physician for an evaluation.

As far as your dilemma goes, some pictures would be great in order to help others understand your situation, as well as educate those who are on the same boat as you. Keep us posted!

Respect to Dr. Vogel for telling you the unvarnished truth about your hair. Better this conservative approach with Propecia than to get a procedure that ends up doing much more damage than good. You must be disappointed but remember a bad transplant would make your life a living hell and would do damage to your self image. Thanks for telling us how it went.