Very Nervous, Eyebrow HT in 2 wks with Dr Rahal - HELP!

Mommyof2

Hello everyone!

I am extremely nervous, I am a young, very self conscious woman and I am scheduled to have eyebrow transplant in 2 weeks with Dr Rahal in Ottawa. I've tried looking up things online but I'm left with nothing. Anyone else recently have eyebrows done? With Rahal? Even if not by him, I'd love any kind of help. I have no idea what to expect, the day of, the next day, the next week.. I really really want this done as I am extremely tired of being so self conscious and taking so long each day to do my makeup and color in my brows.. Also tired of being so limited, swimming, anything coming close to touching my face with the chances of rubbing off my makeup.. No one ever sees me without my make up... Not for 10 years! Not even my boyfriend of 4 years who claims he peeked through the door once and saw me but I don't care!! Lol... I am extremely embarrassed and really want to get this procedure done, I have postponed the date 4 times already and this is the closest I've been to one. What do I expect? Am I going to be in hiding under hats and sunglasses for a week or two? When can I put make up on? Any help would be very awesome! Thank you

As surgeries go it's extremely minor, I can't imagine there is much that could go wrong, especially not in the hands of an experienced surgeon like Rahal. What are you anxious about exactly? It might help to pinpoint the particular things you're concerned about and talk them through with someone.

If Rahal is half as good at eyebrows as he is at heads, you're in very safe hands :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Rahal is great. Take a look at my link below. If he can work that kind of majic on my dome, imagine what he can do on your eyebrows :) which are a very very small procedure by Rahal standards.

The man is very skilled and a great guy.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I definitely understand the anxiety. However, I hope you take some comfort knowing that Dr. Rahal is great, and he wouldn't agree to perform surgery on your eyebrows if he wasn't confident about the outcome.

Good luck! I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

How is it a waste of time? The other 3 times I had postponed months in advance.. no work was needed lol. This time because I was told false information at the very beginning and just found out the real information that would have changed my decision in the very beginning.

Mommyof2 - If it bothers you that much, I suggest that you reconsider. The ugly duckling phase is brutal, no doubt. I had to shave down the entire top of by head and have over 5000 holes made to my scalp along with a 30 cm scar in the back. I am a VP at a company and yes it was very very hard and uncomfortable at times but I got trough it and you will as well. Now, I forget how awful I looked like and when I see pics of me before, I do not even recognize that person.

I am wrting this because I know first hand how somthing like this can make you very unhappy and self contious. You will look back on it and know you made the right choice. I dont know your situation so of course, this advice is given in a likely short sided fashion and you need to do whats best for you in the long term.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thank you for your words.. Im still very undecided, I want it done very badly. But I could not be 100% certain for this coming time, which would be next tuesday. No one in my family knows I was doing this, only my boyfriend. No one has seen me without the brow makeup, not even my family. So it would have been a shocker.

How is it a waste of time? The other 3 times I had postponed months in advance.. no work was needed lol. This time because I was told false information at the very beginning and just found out the real information that would have changed my decision in the very beginning.

To book and cancel 4 times is excessive but I'm glad you didn't go through with it as it sounds like you are very unsure about the procedure.

It was difficult to set a date and actually go through with it, I have to travel there and I have 2 small children who see their father a few times a month so it was difficult to keep a set date as things always change with kids. I want this done very much, it would be a life changer. But at the moment I am not ready mentally to go one month without having eyebrows after no one on earth has seen me without them lol so its a bit of a shocker.. When I was first informed by the staff that it would be 1-2 weeks without makeup, which wasnt so bad I would just hibernate in my home during the winter time (dates that were set were in the winter) for the week or 2, or wear a hat and sunglasses and hope my parents stayed away that week lol

It was difficult to set a date and actually go through with it, I have to travel there and I have 2 small children who see their father a few times a month so it was difficult to keep a set date as things always change with kids. I want this done very much, it would be a life changer. But at the moment I am not ready mentally to go one month without having eyebrows after no one on earth has seen me without them lol so its a bit of a shocker.. When I was first informed by the staff that it would be 1-2 weeks without makeup, which wasnt so bad I would just hibernate in my home during the winter time (dates that were set were in the winter) for the week or 2, or wear a hat and sunglasses and hope my parents stayed away that week lol

You could wear a knit cap pulled down over your brows once the grafts are secure and nobody would be the wiser. Indecision is a bummer as I am in the midst of it myself. The time to do it is when the weather is cold so the hat could be used. Screw up the courage and do it and be done with it. Easier said than done...

Edited by StaggerLee123
sp

Mom of 2,

Take your time; this is a very personal decision, and you need to be 100% ready when you sit down in that chair. I recommend completing more eyebrow transplantation research on the forums and letting this (along with the valuable input from Dr. Rahal) guide your decision. Let me know if you need any assistance.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

1 month of no make up and then a lifetime of actual eyebrows seems like a no brainer doesn't it?

Short term pain for long term success is something we all have to go through......it's a small price to pay in the long run isn't it.

I must say if this is the 5th time cancelling on Rahal I'd be surprised if he risked letting you do it a 6th time!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon