RAPHAEL84 4 Month Update Dr Rahal - The Fun Has Begun

Raphael84

Well here I am at the 4 month mark, and I am very excited to be able to say that the fun has most definitely begun. Apologies for not posting an update at the 3 month mark. I had all intentions of keeping the updates prompt, but with Christmas, New Year and all, I didn't get around to it, which was probably for the best in hindsight, allowing me to try and forget about things for a while.

The attached photos show how things have evolved over the last two months, and show where I'm at now. Its incredible to see, the hair has really started to come in now. The hairline is now apparent, which feels amazing. It is the first time that I have had a solid hairline in over 10 years. I am now seeing new hairs each and every day, and am very excited about how the next few weeks and months will evolve. New transplanted hair began to sprout just before the 3 month mark, which was great to see. They haven't stopped since.

I have included both dry and wet photos in an attempt to portray as honest a situation as I can. I personally feel that the photos when dry, "boost" my hair a little. I think it is slightly more patchy in person. Obviously there is still a long way to go, and the thinner patches should come through stronger. In my right portrait, with wet hair, you can still make out my scar, even with my hair at this length. Regarding this I ask, at what stage will the scar become less visible/invisible when the hair is wet? Obviously this depends on the patients hair characteristics, but in general. That right side scar has always been the "worse" side, regarding its healing timeline. It is also with this side of the scar that I have experienced my only "issue". About 10 days ago, I could feel a hair growing right through the middle of the scar, to the touch, it felt very hard and thick, and not like a hair at all. I thought that perhaps it was a part of the stitch that hadn't been removed. It was incredibly sore in the area, even a gentle touch of the hair would cause quite considerable pain. I thought it may actually be an ingrowing hair. Fast forward 3 days, and I woke up and the pain had completely 100% disappeared and I have felt anything since.

The 1st photo shows my situation pre HT, and the 2nd is at the 2 month mark. It it so true, until you compare the photos, side by side, you never fully appreciate the growth that has occurred. At this stage, I feel so pleased about the whole procedure, and would like to express my gratitude to this forum, its members, and of course Dr. Rahal and his team. I really hope that things continue to improve the way that they have thus far. :):):):):):)

1.jpg.8802a8483e4b213770df376767ae48f4.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg.eca6c6d0cf554b9940d5c45119de91a4.jpg

RSCN1515.jpg.54462f5405a5b0725a80ce104486eb88.jpg

RSCN1512.jpg.001ef84890fbeaa41c90c37e04058b0b.jpg

RSCN1511.jpg.c02b2fccf06e03d22b0efe634e179348.jpg

RSCN1510.jpg.1bb484122237ca4c3067e38a84d57b36.jpg

RSCN1509.jpg.fdebd2c16c67ed6fecd60ed23862e67a.jpg

RSCN1508.jpg.ec847e7c745d094c40f3db3e9680b8b2.jpg

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Cant Decide, Thanks a lot my man. Appreciate the comment. Feeling real good about things and hoping that things continue grow well!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks guys!

3968 grafts! More info on "My Hairloss Website Link" below!

Looks excellent mate. You're definitely through the worst part.

Out of interest, have you at any stage used Minoxidil to assist the growth? Looking at your sig, you only state Fin and Niz.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Raphael-

Early grower--you must be loving it. And the fun for you is only beginning. I remember the 5-7 month mark and the amount of growth during this time is phenomenal. You will look at yourself in the mirror and be astonished every day!!!

Great blog and keeping everyone updated. I re-lived the days of crusts, shedding, gaps of hair by the scar, PIMPLES, and the dreaded doldrums through your blog...thanks for the memories.

But your doldrum days are behind you and the fun is only beginning for you.

I look forward to your updates and seeing how truly awesome your hair will be in a few months.

CONGRATS!!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Raphael-

Early grower--you must be loving it. And the fun for you is only beginning. I remember the 5-7 month mark and the amount of growth during this time is phenomenal. You will look at yourself in the mirror and be astonished every day!!!

Great blog and keeping everyone updated. I re-lived the days of crusts, shedding, gaps of hair by the scar, PIMPLES, and the dreaded doldrums through your blog...thanks for the memories.

But your doldrum days are behind you and the fun is only beginning for you.

I look forward to your updates and seeing how truly awesome your hair will be in a few months.

CONGRATS!!

Eman

Exactly....great update..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Regarding the minoxidil question. I do use Minoxidil. I started it at the 2 week post HT mark, once a day initially, as recommended by Dr Rahal, and am now up to twice daily. Apologies for not adding this to my signature. I will be sure to update this.

Eman - I think that most members here, when deciding upon a Dr, review as many cases similar to their own, and predominately from their favourite Dr?s. I was taken by two Dr?s and really couldn't decide between the two for quite a while. You were the deal maker for me. Following your ridiculously well documented experience with Dr Rahal, with your high quality photographs and prompt posts, you were personally one of my biggest influences regarding my decision. So thanks for that. You results were incredible. Your hair looks great. I hope to be able to give a little back, and hope that just as your blog helped me, that maybe mine could be of some help to somebody else.

The days seem to be flying by at the moment, which is absolutely fine by me, and although still spending most of my time under a hat, I'm hoping to ditch that for good VERY soon, and cant wait to see how things have progressed by that 5 month stage. :-)

Raphael-

Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it, as that was my goal through the whole journey--to be as transparent as possible and let people know what they are truly signing up for.

Your posts are fun to read, super informative with great pics and comments, and you are helping others...taking up the cause so to speak. It's been fun for me to catch up with your progress and I look forward to more (especially these next couple of months!).

It is great to see you giving back and helping others in making such a life changing decision.

Anyway,

The hat days will be over soon and with summer around the corner, you will be in awe of how much fun it is to be outdoors in the sunshine and no longer being that balding guy, swimming and your hair looking totally natural, riding a bike and having the wind through your hair. You will be there in no time!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Raphael-

Thanks for the PM the other day buddy, I wrote you back!! =) Your hair is looking fantastic pal....it's really changed so much so quickly!! It is exciting to see the great results....as I am one month behind you and it gives me some hope. As always, great write-up and photos. Even with the wet hair, you can't see the scar. Looking forward to seeing your next post in the upcoming months!!!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks for the kind posts guys. Always great to get some feedback. After a short month that is February, I am fast approaching the 5 month post op stage and am looking forward to seeing how things have progressed over the last month. I have cut my hair shorter this last week and things are looking good. Hoping that getting the 4 and 5 months photos up side by side will put a smile on my face. Ill remain optimistic. :-)

Thanks for the kind posts guys. Always great to get some feedback. After a short month that is February, I am fast approaching the 5 month post op stage and am looking forward to seeing how things have progressed over the last month. I have cut my hair shorter this last week and things are looking good. Hoping that getting the 4 and 5 months photos up side by side will put a smile on my face. Ill remain optimistic. :-)

Raphael84,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,I have had a few messages regarding my progress, and questions why I have not been on the forums for a few weeks. Everything is great, things are coming along very well and I am very happy. I've been real busy with a few things over the past weeks, and was also fortunate enough to squeeze in a little vacation, so I have used all of that as an opportunity to put everything into the background and just let my hair do its thing!

I am still wearing a hat very occasionally, depending on the circumstances and company, which is arguably not necessary at this point. Again, I find comparison photos the only real way to gage progress, and after checking out some 4 month photos just now, I am once again positively surprised. There has been much more progress than I realised. So why am I occasionally wearing a hat? The only area that I don't have ANY native hair, is the temple area of my hairline. Whilst this area is growing in well, it unfortunately doesn't have the boost of native hair to help with visual density. Whilst it is no concern because growth has still been very good, it is still not quite at that density that I feel 100% confident with! My 6 months photos will be due on April 9th, which I'm real excited about posting and getting your opinions, and am hoping that the 2 weeks that I have between then and now will help thicken things up in those areas. As other guys have mentioned, the new hairs in the hairline have a complete mind of their own and are a little unmanageable at times, not a bad problem, and are quite course and wavy.

Already, at less than 6 months, I have reaped the rewards of my HT. Having been on holiday and swimming, surfing, boat rides etc. all with no worry or issues which is and absolute 1st for over 10 years. It's a joy.

Thanks for your interest guys and I can't wait to get those 6 months photos posted soon enough.

Happy growing to all and bring on the summer :-)

Raphael. Awesome buddy. Can't wait to see those 6 month photos! Congrats on the vacation and the new hair! :-)

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.