Hakan Doganay

Quiff01

I'm doing some research into a possible transplant with Doganay in Turkey, I've been quoted 1500 grafts, his technique interests me as a pose to strip with the scar and healing time but want to know what the general consensus is. I've been impressed by some of the results on here.

Thanks

I'm doing some research into a possible transplant with Doganay in Turkey, I've been quoted 1500 grafts, his technique interests me as a pose to strip with the scar and healing time but want to know what the general consensus is. I've been impressed by some of the results on here.

Thanks

I haven't seen too many of his results but the ones I have seen are very impressive, especially for FUE. He has been practicing FUE basically since it's inception and transforms norwood 3s and 4s into nw0s. If you only need 1,500 grafts I would not go strip personally, given Dr. Hakan's very fair pricing, it would only cost you slightly more than the top FUT clinics for the same grafts. Take your time and research and look at as many results as you can. Be sure it is what YOU want, not what some consultant or forum member(myself included) think is best for you. A HT can be heaven if it goes right but it can be downright hell if it goes wrong...

Use a trusted company and recommendations only, in Turkey or elsewhere.

Take a look at my thread on here which details the whole process (and is on-going) and if you have any questions, just ask. I'll be glad to help.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Yes, a team. There were 6 people in the room working on me, surgeons and technicians.

Avoid back street 1 man bands or cheap procedures where the surgeons let the technicians do 90% of the work.

You don't need the strip method, period, nevermind for just 1,500 grafts. I'm surprised you've managed to find a surgeon in Turkey that still does FUT. Most stopped doing that years ago and now only do FUE.

Good luck with whoever you choose, just make sure you research lots and speak to patients.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

You don't need the strip method, period, nevermind for just 1,500 grafts.

Why is it that in almost every thread in which you post Rob you have to push the same ole debate. On one hand you tell the guy to research and make up his own mind, appearing to be impartial, and then you come out with a statement like this.

I happen to agree that for 1500 grafts that he should seriously consider FUE but telling him (and therefore any newbies reading) he never need consider FUT 'period' and by default rule out many of the top clinics with hundreds if not thousands of documented success cases is more than a bit irresponsible.

Yes, he should definitely do his research into which FUE surgeon he chooses. I don't mean research between FUT or FUE.

It might be the 'same ole' argument but I stand by it. Yes, FUT has had some great results over the years but I see (and others disagree) that FUE has advanced enough now to all but eliminate the requirement for FUT.

It worries me when I hear of new patients being swayed towards FUT for small procedures, it's a potential big scar for low graft numbers.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Muddy,

It sounds like you're interested in Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), not in one physician in particular.

For a 1,500 graft procedure, FUE may be a good option. However, it's very difficult to tell without a consultation with an experienced hair restoration physician. What's more, you don't have to travel to (or stay in) Turkey for quality FUE; talented FUE physicians practice in a variety of locales around the globe.

If you'd like to start researching some options, feel free to review our recommended hair transplant surgeons. If you'd like some additional information on any particular doctor or would like to know which focus more on FUE, feel free to ask.

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.