had transplant jan 28 two days later my head blew up like a ballon

rock1225

i had 2500 grafts on Monday jan 28 went back next day for checkup and cleaning then on Wednesday i looked in the mirror and my fore head was swollen then on Thursday the sides of my face blew-up is this normal it has gone down the sides of my neck the doctor says it happens today is feb 1 and i still do not recognize myself in the mirror is there anybody out there that has heard or experienced this

Mine swelled a lot on day two and lasted several days...

i would say it reached the peak of swelling on days 3 or 4...

then gradually subsided.

i would say I swelled enough where I didnt really look like myself

the swelling was painless...but I looked like an escaped mental patient a few days!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

thanks guys for answering me i feel so much better now that i know it happens, that's why this forum is so important i heard it from the doctor that the the swelling was normal, but to hear it from you guys who have been through it really calms me down (looking in the mirror in the morning is traumatizing)

By the third day, I could barely see my ears around the swelling of my face. But my doctor also told me that would happen, so I was ready for it. Well, ready until I actually saw it! I looked like Robocop with his helmet off. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

It went very well thanks!

I plan to do a full write-up next weekend... I get my stitches out this Friday and I'll get all my pics from Dr. Lindsey at that time... I will post them all.

I ended up taking 2200 grafts... 400 over what was planned... and Dr. Lindsey was kind enough to throw them in for free. :)

Wendy and Chi Chi were great... we had some good conversations in between listening to music and sleeping.

I'm at the end of day 3... so my face is swollen... I'm pulling off a pretty solid caveman look right now... my brow ridge is monumental. :eek:

Kazan was awesome... mixed grill, complete with donner kebab, was dinner the night before the procedure.

How goes your progress?

Yeah, I didn't think my forehead and face could expand like it did, but it did! So, I know exactly what you're experiencing.

I think I'm progressing well. I'm starting to see some implanted hairs in the shampoo suds on my hands in the morning, so I suppose they're starting to shed, just like Dr. Lindsey said they would. Whereas I'm not looking forward to them not being there, at least that means that I'm working my way through the stages, always getting closer to results. But it's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. It feels like its been a month since my procedure, but its only been 2 weeks (and a few days).

I'm looking forward to your write-up!

• 4 weeks later...

Although slight swelling is normal, if a patient swells up like a balloon it's probably due to the doctor using too much saline water during surgery....which really isn't necessary. Many doctor do this to spread the scalp...making it easier for them to transplant hair tighter (at the expense of the patient swelling a great deal afterwards)....which really isn't necessary if a doctor has the latest tools that allows them to pack hairs.