My hairloss vs brothers. 24 years old

I am 24 years old and looking into hair restoration.

Ihave attached some of my recent pics for comparisons... obviously can see comparisons compared to brother (21 years) to show difference in genetic hairloss.

What are your thoughts... is his apperence better?

Last 3 pis of brother

Edited by 2hillpark

Twohillpark, Hopeully this is helpful. A common denominator in a huge majority of people participating in this forum is that they want to look better and feel better about themselves whether they are just on meds, had a transplant or both. You are taking the first step. There is so much information and advice out there than just mine, use it.

It is a bit hard to tell from the pics, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to your Brothers' hairlines. Some siblings are Norwood 6 and the other has a mop of hair. I would recommend you seeing a recommend you see a preferred doctor on this forum to evaluate you and see if you are a good candidate for a future transplant. Get his or her opinion and see if you can get on meds without any medical complications that would hinder this decision. The meds are Propecia, which you'll need a prescription, and Rogaine Foam, which you can buy over the counter. Understand the potential side effects, but get a professional evaluation on a medical level. It would be a great start to be proactive on future hair loss. Bottom line is that you will feel better knowing you are doing everything you can to "fight" it. Along with the consult, the physician can probably give you an idea of what type of transplant and how many grafts are realistic and possible. Some of their advice will be dependent to see you can stabilize your hair loss so they can predict your future hairline.

I wish you the best of luck and encourage you to gather as much information as possible. Tom

My brother is a NW6 and was at probably 25. I have a decent head of hair for 34 yrs old considering I have MPB. I wouldn't worry about him. Plus, he is 21, not a lot of people have started to bald that young, or even have a mature hairline.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Some of us just have a bum deal. My bro is 36 (2 years older) and NW2. I am not far from NW4A. My Dad was probably NW3 until he hit his mid 40s and is now NW5 or 6

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi 1978 thanks for reply.

You think he looks overall better based on apperance?

Well he looks slimmer...get down the gym!!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day