Do you regret it

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a grade 5. To be totally undetectable it has to be a grade 6. Two bad section totally prohibits it. Otherwise a grade 4-5 may be possible.

Mickey you say you wish you never had it done, but try and remember why you had it done in the first place. I know you have had a negative outcome but you of all people know the kind of Docs are out there to help you with your situation and what can be achieved, only when you are ready. Hang in there and i really do wish you the best of luck as you have been a great help in regards to my journey of an HT.

This thread is sending me down a whirlwind of emotions!! I am completely unsure as to how suitable of a candidate I am for surgery yet, I will find that out tomorrow with Dr. Shapiro from SMG. I really hope that I don't have a bad experience where I have irreversible shock loss or an abnormally low donor area density to where appreciable results are mediocre at best. Personally, I don't even know what I will look like with hair, since I don't really remember ever having hair since I started before 99.9% of the balding community. Le sigh...

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

When I was younger I totally regretted my first two procedures with Dr. Norris. As my hair loss continued the pluggy grafts eventually became my new permanent hairline and I then dealt with my twenties as "that guy" with 300 mini grafts and two donor scars and not much else. I longed for a shaved head because I have the head shape for shaving but it wasn't the two donor scars that prevented me from shaving. It was the thick grafts that would stand out like tree trunks with even the slightest bit of growth. At one point I considered using Nair on my head!

But now that I'm repaired I look at the first two procedures as a valuable experience. Had I not had to deal with the looks and the occasional comment I would not have learned to deal with people like I do now. I could never wear a hat to work so I just had to learn how to deal. Now, I feel like I can talk to anyone and take any comment to my face and not flinch. I firmly believe that had it not been for my experience dealing with two bad procedures that I would not be able to handle myself in front of others like I do. I have no problem speaking on stage, on camera or in groups of unfamiliar people. Compared to having an eyesore on my head, everything else is cake.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The permanent shockloss is the real heartbreaker, then the scar... But yeh, I do feel like I brought this on myself totally :(

Can I ask, was the permanent shockloss due to not taking meds or the bad doctor?

I only ask as I have never taken meds, nor do I plan to after my surgery this July.

When I was younger I totally regretted my first two procedures with Dr. Norris. As my hair loss continued the pluggy grafts eventually became my new permanent hairline and I then dealt with my twenties as "that guy" with 300 mini grafts and two donor scars and not much else. I longed for a shaved head because I have the head shape for shaving but it wasn't the two donor scars that prevented me from shaving. It was the thick grafts that would stand out like tree trunks with even the slightest bit of growth. At one point I considered using Nair on my head!

But now that I'm repaired I look at the first two procedures as a valuable experience. Had I not had to deal with the looks and the occasional comment I would not have learned to deal with people like I do now. I could never wear a hat to work so I just had to learn how to deal. Now, I feel like I can talk to anyone and take any comment to my face and not flinch. I firmly believe that had it not been for my experience dealing with two bad procedures that I would not be able to handle myself in front of others like I do. I have no problem speaking on stage, on camera or in groups of unfamiliar people. Compared to having an eyesore on my head, everything else is cake.

I honestly don't know if I could have delt with what you went through brotha, I commend you! You are one strong mofo!! You deserve every great hair day you have now!!

Can I ask, was the permanent shockloss due to not taking meds or the bad doctor?

I only ask as I have never taken meds, nor do I plan to after my surgery this July.

The permanent shockloss occured in an area where the hair was very terminal(thick shaft, full of color and healthy), the hair was not miniturized at all. So i guess that rules out some options. It was via transection..