Side effects of drugs

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I am 27 and have been thinking of HT for a while now. I live in Phoenix, AZ and have taken a consultation as well from one of the recommended doctors here. The doc advised me to get a 2800-3000 graft to restore the front and try medication to restore the back and crown. I am really apprehensive about taking propecia cos of possibility of nasty side effects (ED). Also, I read on other forums about ppl who stopped the drug but could still not get rid of its effects. And frankly, I don't think it is worth that. Is there no other alternative? Can I do a HT now to restore the front and later the back without taking any drugs? Please advise. Also, on average how many grafts are available for transplant in a single session and over a lifetime? I have seen some docs do more than 5000 in a session. Is that really possible?

front.jpg.945de32d5a51d6b68389ef316fbbe790.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I am 27 and have been thinking of HT for a while now. I live in Phoenix, AZ and have taken a consultation as well from one of the recommended doctors here. The doc advised me to get a 2800-3000 graft to restore the front and try medication to restore the back and crown. I am really apprehensive about taking propecia cos of possibility of nasty side effects (ED). Also, I read on other forums about ppl who stopped the drug but could still not get rid of its effects. And frankly, I don't think it is worth that. Is there no other alternative? Can I do a HT now to restore the front and later the back without taking any drugs? Please advise. Also, on average how many grafts are available for transplant in a single session and over a lifetime? I have seen some docs do more than 5000 in a session. Is that really possible?

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

You look like you might get some regrowth on top/crown with meds. sides, if you even experience any, are reversible when you get off. I've been on 10 yrs and I'm on the more potent avodart. Doing fine and keeping hair. You can only know by trying. It's weird how people are scared of these sides, but will pick up a cigarette (lung cancer) or alcohol (liver damage), artificial sweetener (cancer in rats), but 2% chance off reduction of labido, Whooooo, I don't know about this.

but 2% chance off reduction of labido, Whooooo, I don't know about this.

Masculinity, virility, fertility are all DEEPLY engrained in our society.

phxind,

You need to use finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil in conjunction to surgical intervention, and you will need to use it for the rest of your life....Sorry about that.

take care...

I have posted that I took propecia for 11 months, it worked, I had the side effects and quit. The side effect/benefit ratio didn't work for me. But I think its a good product that each patient has to "do the math" on.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Phxind:

Side effects are quite rare with Propecia. Try it, you will see. However, considering your predisposition regarding this drug, there is a great probability that you will get self-fulfilling prophecy, and end up getting side effects, caused by your head.

Propecia works for me. I saw definite result after about 14 months. No side effects whatsoever.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley